Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diablo iii!!!!!

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017

Diablo iii!!!!!

At long last, Blizzard has announced the game they SHOULD HAVE announced LAST year....

DIABLO III IS ON THE WAY!!!

Official site is HERE. Check it out, there's a teaser and some other stuff up right now.

So, anyone else gonna be picking this up when it comes out?
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

It's about... TIME!!!
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

took them long enough, now i dont have to go buy another copy of diablo 2.
    Last edited by wolf-manj; June 28, 2008 at 02:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    took them long enough, now i dont have to go buy another copy of diablo 2.
    Well, you still could... or, if you want an excellent Diablo II clone, give Titan Quest a try, if you haven't already! It's basically Diablo II set in ancient Greece!

Besides, as slow as Blizzard usually is, I'm predicting a release date somewhere around 2013 for Diablo III!!!
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    Cool! Diablo was the first game I got really addicted to. I spent a whole summer just playing online over Battle.net... I didn't even get Diablo II because I was worried about how much I'd play it, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Well, you still could... or, if you want an excellent Diablo II clone, give Titan Quest a try, if you haven't already! It's basically Diablo II set in ancient Greece!

Besides, as slow as Blizzard usually is, I'm predicting a release date somewhere around 2013 for Diablo III!!!
    yeah i could but i dont want to lol. i can wait for this. it looks as if the characters might actually be able to look different this time. If you go to world and then click on characters you can see some of their skills in action. on the barbarian page there is a drawing of a female barbarian.

I hope they bring back the necromancer. Corpse explosion was the best skill. However, it looks like they might be using that lame Witch-Doctor character instead.
    "Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave."
    Lord Brougham 1778-1868

Quote Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
    I hope they bring back the necromancer. Corpse explosion was the best skill. However, it looks like they might be using that lame Witch-Doctor character instead.
    yes because you can tell he is so lame without seeing much about him
    it looks interesting so far but I'll wait for a final judgement. If you just want the same classes go play part 2. I'd rather have new classes.

Yeah, D3 will be awesome. I played D! and D2 for many years. I even bought D1 again after I was done playing D2, because I wanted to see if It was as fun as I had remembered. I just couldn't get back into D1. I will probably pick up D3, but it will depend on how much I like the new expansion is coming out for World of Warcraft. The D3 video preview looks amazing though.

Damn - I spent 4 months of 8+ hrs per day play with Diablo 2 and closed b.net with hardcore ladder and stuff
    Fantastic game, but D3 will be too time consuming for me nowadays.
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I'll probably give it a try. Diablo is one of the very few RPG's that I have enjoyed.

It's so simple... just hack and blast. ^^

Wow that looked freaking amazing, LOVING the Witch Doctor
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by asharachal View Post
    my electronic crack of the 90's is coming back to me! first starcraft and now diablo! w00t!
    It took me a couple of reads before I realized you weren't talking about pirating games.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

I hate Blizzard...

I thought entering my age at the official site was some part of e-mail registry. Apparently it was for age verification... so now I can't even view the stupid content... I had to rely on another site to get it...

So far I'm not overly impressed. This new "Witch Doctor" class is just a Necromancer/Troll Witch Doctor clone with a few graphic changes. Blizzard is famous for reusing old ideas. Their cinematic movies may be second to none, and I could gladly watch ANY movie they make (Diablo, Warcraft, MOTU), but that's all I have to say about them that's a positive.

Sorry to rain on the thread. I walked into a cyber cafe last week and saw someone playing D2. I was baffled. I could not believe it, and this looks like a slightly prettier version.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; June 30, 2008 at 01:11am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Sorry to rain on the thread. I walked into a cyber cafe last week and saw someone playing D2. I was baffled. I could not believe it, and this looks like a slightly prettier version.
    I hope it remains just a slightly prettier version too, I cant afford to upgrade a new computer just to play a PC game (why I despise a lot of pc gaming at the moment because of its ridiculous requirements to run games "well")

What I dont understand is I am hearing now they are saying 2010 is the release date (not sure if that is right not) but why since it looks like they are reusing a lot of assets and structures with just advanced lighting and shading.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
    To heck with corpse explosion...the witch doctor makes zombie walls!
    "I've got a behind, it's super heroic, and I'm about to shake it!"

that's cool. but after this and starcraft 2 are finished, they're going to go back and do starcraft: ghost, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    that's cool. but after this and starcraft 2 are finished, they're going to go back and do starcraft: ghost, right?
    Actually... right now, as we "speak", the development team for Starcraft: Ghost is sitting in a Starbuck's somewhere, hanging out with the development team for Duke Nukem Forever, laughing over their overpriced lattes about how long they've been able to get paid for doing basically NOTHING (aside from making the occasional demo footage reel, that they show off to show that the game is still "in development" so that they can continue to draw pay checks), and laughing at all the fanboys who still believe these 2 games might actually get released some day!
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Actually... right now, as we "speak", the development team for Starcraft: Ghost is sitting in a Starbuck's somewhere, hanging out with the development team for Duke Nukem Forever, laughing over their overpriced lattes about how long they've been able to get paid for doing basically NOTHING (aside from making the occasional demo footage reel, that they show off to show that the game is still "in development" so that they can continue to draw pay checks), and laughing at all the fanboys who still believe these 2 games might actually get released some day!
    Well, maybe...but developers usually only get paid if they deliver milestones. I get that you were joking though.

They wer probably just as upset to hear that the game was cancelled.

As far as Diablo III goes...I can't wait!!

-Brett
    Who is often cancelled.

={+}=

It's about friggin time!!! I'm so getting this.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

More footage on IGN....

I decided to check out IGN.Com today, to see what their coverage of the game is like. CLICK HERE for their coverage of Blizzard's Worldwide Invitational event that was held in Paris this past weekend, which is where the game was officially announced. They have several videos related to the Diablo III announcement, including gameplay demos. And they also have the latest news about Starcraft II and the upcoming second expansion pack for World of Warcrack!
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

looks alright. i wonder when it became 'cool' to have huge events held for a video game? i don't recall other big games getting the kind of coverage blizz games does. guess it works for blizzard.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    The date has been released May 15, 2012.

For those not in the know, you can buy the game digital. Real money auction house! If you pay for 1 year of WoW you get the game free (I'm assuming if you play WoW you know this).

I played some of it at BlizzCon and it is kick ass!
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I'm hoping to pick this up when it comes out.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I got the Collector's Edition game installed, strat guide, tons of snacks and caffeine, next three days off work.

78 more minutes.....................so close..................
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980