Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diablo iii!!!!!

Awesome, have fun!

I'm not much into video games, but I really want to play this. Will be difficult to get, though, since my country is under exchange control, so I can't simply go and buy it from Amazon or something, and also in recent years they aproved a law banning sales of violent video games, so it's illegal to sell it here.

In the meantime, I guess I'll be happy watching the gameplays in youtube, lol.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Besides, as slow as Blizzard usually is, I'm predicting a release date somewhere around 2013 for Diablo III!!!
    Posted back in '08... and I know Jack was being funny, but he still came darn close to actually predicting when Diablo 3 would be released

I loved Diablo and Diablo 2, but not sure this one is for me. It's online-only right? There's no campaign-type mode to just play alone?

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Posted back in '08... and I know Jack was being funny, but he still came darn close to actually predicting when Diablo 3 would be released

I loved Diablo and Diablo 2, but not sure this one is for me. It's online-only right? There's no campaign-type mode to just play alone?
    I got to about level 10 in the beta by myself. You still have be online to play though, this is mostly to prevent people from modifying the game. Not sure at what point you have to play with others, or if you can get by (further) without ever playing with others.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Did someone fall into mishap of "error37"?
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I got the game free for signing up to WoW for a year. I played part of the beta and realized it would need a connection to the internet to play in any capacity so I figured I would wait a few days before jumping into it. I have the game installed, will play it soon.

Of course I also fell into the trap of having friends make D2 sound like the greatest thing ever made so when I played it it didn't live up to the hype. So I am fine not going all crazy over it right now.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I'm pleased so far. Very fun.

I got the collector's edition and I have a few free passes to play up to the Skeleton King if anyone wants them.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    As wyldman11 pointed out, you do need an internet connection, but you can play the game completely by yourself if you want to. There are options to create an open game (people can join you), invite Battle.net friends to play with you, or look for games to join if you so desire, but yes, you can absolutely go it alone if you wish (that's what I've done).
    Visit Miraclemen.Info : The Miracleman Archive. Website assistance & fan submissions encouraged/welcomed.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=168456

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    I "pre-ordered" mine via Amazon months ago... it just got shipped yesterday. SIGH

Oh well... patience is a virtue etc
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

played it on a friends computer. its over hyped and not that great. only 4 classes. missing some of my fav classes from D2. spells are not that exciting and the spell trees are kind of boring. i won't be buying it. its like a prettier version of D1. boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Calligar View Post
    played it on a friends computer. its over hyped and not that great. only 4 classes. missing some of my fav classes from D2. spells are not that exciting and the spell trees are kind of boring. i won't be buying it. its like a prettier version of D1. boring.
    Diablo 2 is really the same way. Hype (specifically over hype) is the quickest way for fans to ruin a potential player. I think the powers of divine need to ban from human language superlatives for the next ten years, let people learn how to communicate their point without them. Include the negative forms also, people will be able to express their opinions better and not interject greatest game of all time in place of I really liked this.

My biggest complaint is I don't like using the mouse for both action and movement.
    Last edited by wyldman11; May 20, 2012 at 04:34pm.

I'm still deciding whether or not to buy Diablo 3. I can deal with the DRM but I've read conflicting opinions concerning how good of a game it is. So is it worth buying? (Not that I need another game to take up more of my life.)

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I'm still deciding whether or not to buy Diablo 3. I can deal with the DRM but I've read conflicting opinions concerning how good of a game it is. So is it worth buying? (Not that I need another game to take up more of my life.)
    like everything Blizzard does, they have hype and a diehard fan base. i know people who lined up at midnight to get it. buy the game at midnight? buy the collector's edition which costs more and gives you a big book that you will never read. buy the digital download. get it free if you give us another year of WOW.

its just a game. you aren't missing much.

I honestly liked Torchlight better, and they are coming out with a sequel that will have multiplayer.

Blizzard is known for a few things, delays, fun games that generally speaking aren't innovative but they refine what is already out there, and making games that are easily accessible.

But i also don't get into the Elder Scrolls hype, I played Morrowind for about 12 hours and it literally felt like it was draining the life out of me while I played, so I haven't played one sense.

I liked it. It's not innovative but honestly I'm glad that they are sticking with a good formula rather than experiment too much. The required internet connection to play is really a wrong step, though, and I'm glad not many games do this. I understand the anti-piracy concern that drives this type of thing to happen, but it's such a chore on the user end of things.

That being said, the solo campaign was a little too easy, but multiplayer with friends is a ton of fun and what the game is best for.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    If you only plaid a little of it, yeah I can see how one might think it is lackluster. I've got a few characters into the mid 20s and your spells and abilities really pick up.

Blizzard has said, and I agree, that they make games that are easy for anyone to pick up and play, but hard to master. I tried an experiment last night. I got my gf to play a character. I figured she would die pretty quick but she held her own. If she would have started playing with no idea what to do and have nightmare mode laid down on her she would quit pretty quick.

The game has achievements, which are my favorite, and they are shared among all your characters including your gold and 'bank'.

I'm guessing more characters will be available in future expansions.

I think the main thing about being online is control of achievements. Blizzard, and myself, hates cheaters. When I get a hard to get achievement I'm proud of that. I don't like cheaters who went the easy way. With that said, you can play StarCraft2 offline, but it disables achievements. I think that is why it is like that.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    Just started playing the game little less than a week ago... great game so far.

Does anyone else think (or did think) that the Templar character was being voice played by Malcolm McDowell? I totally thought it sounded like him. Turns out it isn't:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2186735/fullcredits#cast

And I don't think that's the full list anyway, there were so many voice over actors

A bit annoyed at Blizzard today... European servers are down due to "maintainance" I suppose. Drag.

I figured it was the Tactical officer from Enterprise. And looking it is. I should have named my Wizard Daphne, thought her voice was familiar. But Grey Delisle and Jennifer Hale tend to be that way for me for some reason, I can pick out Tara Strong with ease but those two it's always like she sounds familiar.

I am starting to hear reviews from high end play. I think most of these people haven't played a Blizzard game since D2. In more recent years Blizzard has moved to an accessible model for their games, especially under Activision. As GM said the games are simple to play but difficult to master, but the second part is dubious. I hear that harder difficulties are the same encounters they just do more damage which means it's nothing more than a gear check.

People are also complaining about the itemization, legendaries need work. The any stat on any item is problematic specifically with crafting. Hey look I just made a strength based wand.... Well it does have more dps than my current one and all abilities scale better with that then anything else.

I think Blizzard has the problem of designing unique encounters in a game that can be soloed without largely negatively affecting a specific class, and making it cake for another (on individual encounter level). The pot shot with gear makes it more suck. My pointer finger doesn't like playing for lengths at a time though.

I am still in Act 1, I have only played bits and pieces of D1 and D2, I know basic story of the world. I know who the stranger is.
    Last edited by wyldman11; May 30, 2012 at 03:48pm.

Just finished the game two nights ago while reaching level 32... so the game ends but you're encouraged, lets say, to replay the game on a higher difficulty. So you basically go on, accumulating exp, reaching higher levels, and collecting more money to buy more higher spec gear to, guess what, continue playing on higher difficulty and on and on and on... kinda. Thoroughly disappointing to be honest. Anti-climax. Another Warcraft in disguise. Tsk Tsk, Blizzard, tsk tsk.

Well I just reached level 35 this evening on "Nightmare Difficulty". I am now officially addicted. Their master plan worked.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post

Well I just reached level 35 this evening on "Nightmare Difficulty". I am now officially addicted. Their master plan worked.
    At the Butcher on Hell difficulty I almost through the PC out the window. I usually like to earn my loot, but I had to give in and buy some higher end gear. I started Hell over and seems to be going better. Inferno is going to be a real challenge.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    The "you must be online to play a single player game" means I will never touch this game.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    At the Butcher on Hell difficulty I almost through the PC out the window. I usually like to earn my loot, but I had to give in and buy some higher end gear. I started Hell over and seems to be going better. Inferno is going to be a real challenge.
    The scripted bosses aren't much of a problem, just the randomly generated mobs....

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    When I said I was addicted, I didn't mean it was a positive thing by the way. I hope to God I manage to realize the frustration isn't worth it before I reach "Hell Difficulty"... I like my laptop and don't want to be throwing it out the window thank you very much
    To be fair it's a fun game but I totally won't be playing the game anymore beyond this month.

I just watched people killing Diablo on Hardcore mode. It is mean we must work out to achieve this.

Also on the bad news, Diablo User statistic are drop drastically, it is lower than 50%
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Not horribly surprising, when many people found out you beat the game ~30 levels in and after that you are replaying it on a higher difficulty and often farming content or the AH for gear to progress it turned off a lot of people.

I got a new job and I have been working closing shift so I haven't had the time to play, rather keep up on my reading and a few WoW dailies. That and D3 I was playing with the girlfriend. I did pick up the Penny Arcade games off steam the other day for reallly cheap and I am having fun with them.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    If you want to play it just for the story and to say you did it, yeah one time through and done. I'm all about the achievements, and gearing up.