Thread: MOTU CLassics Packaging?

MOTU CLassics Packaging?

With all the secrecy about this line anyone curious as to what the packaging will look like? Duh, I know it will be similar to the original MOTU and I'm glad (unless I'm wrong) but what about the construction? Will it be the classic bubble glued to the card or the hard plastic casing Mcfarlene (sp?) figures have. I am really REALLy hoping that given that this a collectors line, they don't simply use two pieces of tape to the bubble approach and call it a day. AS a MOC collector I always hated that and to this day can't see the reasoning. I mean I've seen some Transformers and TMNT figures that had the bubbles falling off the card due to the tape approach.

I'm guessing they'll look A LOT like the 80s cards. I just threw a question in about it for the next round.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

For some reason I've gotten the impression, that it would be similar to the classic glued bubble-card. But for the life of me, I can't find the comment anywhere here right now.

After that the question was more about the illustrations used in packaging, that became the issue....if it were old artworks used again with updated flair, or completely new illustrations.

It would be nice if they made the packaging like some of the other collector lines out there where you can open it without damaging it to see the figure. then put it back and look all mint on card like.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    It would be nice if they made the packaging like some of the other collector lines out there where you can open it without damaging it to see the figure. then put it back and look all mint on card like.
    I would love something like this. But then the practical side of me says, "And where are you keeping all these packages?"

I'm torn on the packaging. An old style card n' bubble vs. a cool display. They both have pros and cons.

One thing I do know... Just like the figures (If last year's Proto He-Man and this year's KG fig is any indication), I want to see an updated look on the old, or more to say, the old re-newed with todays technologies. Gimme Exploding red rocks, gimme a cool illustration on the back of the character, and gimme a brand new/classic-inspired minicomic!!!

Gimme gimme gimme!!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog