Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for MotUC Chase Variants

Ideas for MotUC Chase Variants

I didn't find a thread devoted to this topic, so I thought it would be interesting to see the fans' ideas for chase variants in one thread. Even though some surely are rather far-fetched, maybe Mattel gets some ideas here.

IDEAS FOR MOTUC CHASE VARIANTS

• Savage He-Man
    ("Wonder Bread"/"Savage" paint job, sans armor, maybe with 1-2 new weapons)

• 200x-style He-Man
    (new weapons hair, wrist bands & loincloth, modified paint job, asterix symbol)

• Anti He-Man
    (okay, probably would just make sense as a "German market Exclusive")

• Filmation-Style Skeletor
    (new, "floating skull" head, packed with battle axe instead of sword)

• Green Goddess
    (Teela Repaint)

• Blue Wings Stratos
    (like the 80s variant, with the "Egg of Avion" Staff)

• Filmation-Style Man-At-Arms
    (mustache, armor on both arms and legs)

• Mer-Man Head Variant
    (toy head or prototype head, depending on which head used for regular version)

• Gorpo
    (Orko Repaint)

• Filmation-Style Hordak
    (skin color blue, white head, etc)

• Evil Cosmic Enforcer Zodac
    (black armor & weapon instead of red)

• Savage/1st Appearance Prince Adam
    (blue vest, entire paint job ressembling the early style shown in "Masks of Power")

• Filmation-Style Tri-Klops
    (new paint job, eyes ressembling Filmation look instead of 80s figure)

• Weapons Pack Style Beast Man
    (new paint job, armor colored yellow)

• Prototype Ram Man
    (new pant job, legs colored rose instead of green)

• 1st Appearance Trap Jaw
    (new paint job, ressembling his appearance in the early minicomics)

• Camouflage Kobra Khan
    (like the Top Toys variant with snake symbol)

• Filmation-Style Kobra Khan
    (with hood as in the old show)

• Cardback-Style Faker
    (armor and sword purple instead of orange)

• Evil-Lyn Color Variant
    (80s figure colors or Filmation colors, depending on regular version's paint)

• Flashback Horde Trooper)
    (ressembling the flashback appearance in Secret of the Sword)

• Flashback Hordak
    (Horde Trooper variant with Hordak head, ressembling the SotS flashback)

• Flashback King Randor
    (without mustache... dang, you could do an entire wave with those variants!)

• Man-E-Weapons
    (Man-E-Faces repaint with additional weapons)

• Clamp Champ -- hey, maybe the only way to see him in the line at all?
    (Fisto variant with new paint job, head, arm and weapon)

Any other ideas?

Those are some really great ideas! One that I would love to see is a third King
    Greyskull variant.

King Greyskull in the Snake Armor

I'm sure I'll think of some more later, but your list is great, Sir Reilly
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

I vote for no Chase figures. I like the list you have but just make it all availible for all the fans.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I vote for no Chase figures. I like the list you have but just make it all availible for all the fans.
    I've argued this before, but if you make the availability of all of those variants listed above as wide as the normal figures, you will smother the pegs and kill the line. Given the choice between A: not getting the variants at all or B: having them released as chase variants, wouldn't you want them to be chase variants?

No Chase,Repaints,Varients

Lets get all the figures out first then do the to-overs.

There way too many characters to do first to worry about the 1 in a million find.

This is a collectors lines so let the collectors be able to collect every figure in the line.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

So what about the people that DO want a repaint of He-Man? Since they are in the minority, how does it hurt to make 1 out of 100 figures a Savage repaint? It doesn't take the "place" of any other character, and the supply will adequately meet the demand.

Thats a pretty good list, aside from all the variants including old weapon pack armor. I would like to just see a rerelease of the classic weapon pack and people can make those variants themselves.

A couple others id like to see is the old India version of skeletor with the dark blue skin and purple armor, and that faker that I think is from india with the dark circles around the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    No Chase,Repaints,Varients

Lets get all the figures out first then do the to-overs.

There way too many characters to do first to worry about the 1 in a million find.

This is a collectors lines so let the collectors be able to collect every figure in the line.
    AMEN! No Chase or repaints PLEASE!! All we need is for figures in this line to clog the pegs and that will be the nail in its coffin! C'mon, let's get all the standard figures made.

The only thing I'd want to see would in fact be the variants...only the classic ones though such as Dragon Blaster Skeletor and Thunder Punch He-Man. They make sense to do considering they were widely available with the original line...and for that reason I consider them standard figures.

A chase variant will not add to peg clutter, because A: Variants are always sought after especially when Chase, and B: It doesn't disrupt the asst. of the case, its a pre existing figure slightly altered.

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    A chase variant will not add to peg clutter, because A: Variants are always sought after especially when Chase, and B: It doesn't disrupt the asst. of the case, its a pre existing figure slightly altered.
    Maybe they didn't clutter the pegs where you are, but here there were so many Teelas in the 200X line hanging on the pegs it was insane! Not to mention all the goofy colored repaints that hung around for a while. There's NO reason to do chase figures in this line. It would only turn the line into another scalper's paradise. Stick to the normal line of figures, that way everyone's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Maybe they didn't clutter the pegs where you are, but here there were so many Teelas in the 200X line hanging on the pegs it was insane! Not to mention all the goofy colored repaints that hung around for a while. There's NO reason to do chase figures in this line. It would only turn the line into another scalper's paradise. Stick to the normal line of figures, that way everyone's happy.
    Yea hell yea!

Its a line for us the fans. I know I want every figure in the line and by doing chase figures its tuff.

Repaints are not needed in this line. If this line is sucessfull there are enough characters for years.

Varients will be great later in the collection. Like after a year into it yea give us battle armor heman and skeley. But do it right.

We don't need 3 repaimts and 2 varients in every wave.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Ya I could see repaints cluttering shelves, but the chases always went for mad money on ebay. They don't really affect case assortments.

Thats weird about the teelas too. I only ever found one locally, and I got my other one at a big lots in Iowa or somewhere. I was stoked to find the two that I did. It was really hard to come by in Canada.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I didn't find a thread devoted to this topic, so I thought it would be interesting to see the fans' ideas for chase variants in one thread. Even though some surely are rather far-fetched, maybe Mattel gets some ideas here.

IDEAS FOR MOTUC CHASE VARIANTS

• Savage He-Man
    ("Wonder Bread"/"Savage" paint job, sans armor, maybe with 1-2 new weapons)

• 200x-style He-Man
    (new weapons hair, wrist bands & loincloth, modified paint job, asterix symbol)

• Anti He-Man
    (okay, probably would just make sense as a "German market Exclusive")

• Filmation-Style Skeletor
    (new, "floating skull" head, packed with battle axe instead of sword)

• Green Goddess
    (Teela Repaint)

• Blue Wings Stratos
    (like the 80s variant, with the "Egg of Avion" Staff)

• Filmation-Style Man-At-Arms
    (mustache, armor on both arms and legs)

• Mer-Man Head Variant
    (toy head or prototype head, depending on which head used for regular version)

• Gorpo
    (Orko Repaint)

• Filmation-Style Hordak
    (skin color blue, white head, etc)

• Evil Cosmic Enforcer Zodac
    (black armor & weapon instead of red)

• Savage/1st Appearance Prince Adam
    (blue vest, entire paint job ressembling the early style shown in "Masks of Power")

• Filmation-Style Tri-Klops
    (new paint job, eyes ressembling Filmation look instead of 80s figure)

• Weapons Pack Style Beast Man
    (new paint job, armor colored yellow)

• Prototype Ram Man
    (new pant job, legs colored rose instead of green)

• 1st Appearance Trap Jaw
    (new paint job, ressembling his appearance in the early minicomics)

• Camouflage Kobra Khan
    (like the Top Toys variant with snake symbol)

• Filmation-Style Kobra Khan
    (with hood as in the old show)

• Cardback-Style Faker
    (armor and sword purple instead of orange)

• Evil-Lyn Color Variant
    (80s figure colors or Filmation colors, depending on regular version's paint)

• Flashback Horde Trooper)
    (ressembling the flashback appearance in Secret of the Sword)

• Flashback Hordak
    (Horde Trooper variant with Hordak head, ressembling the SotS flashback)

• Flashback King Randor
    (without mustache... dang, you could do an entire wave with those variants!)

• Man-E-Weapons
    (Man-E-Faces repaint with additional weapons)

• Clamp Champ -- hey, maybe the only way to see him in the line at all?
    (Fisto variant with new paint job, head, arm and weapon)

Any other ideas?
    Nice to see you have so much spare time, but let's not give Mattel any ideas on this matter, please.

r.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I wonder if, in order to get more characters out per wave, Faker might end up being a repainted chase variant of He-Man with orange Skeletor armor.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I wonder if, in order to get more characters out per wave, Faker might end up being a repainted chase variant of He-Man with orange Skeletor armor.
    This is why I think that chase variants would be good - because we might possibly get characters/figures that we wouldn't get otherwise without disrupting case ratios.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm all for chases, but that doesn't make sense. Faker is a very popular MOTU character and Mattel knows that by making him a chase of He-Man will rub many fans up the wrong way. If He-Man had to be a chase, then Savage/Wonderbread He-Man would be a better option as some fans wouldn't mind passing on it.

But Faker has to be a regular released character, especialy after what happened in 200X and the staction figure...

Filmation varients PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Maybe they didn't clutter the pegs where you are, but here there were so many Teelas in the 200X line hanging on the pegs it was insane!
    Um, WHAT?! This the first I've heard of Teela cluttering pegs anywhere. If she did, why didn't you buy them and sell them here for cost or ebay and double or triple your money? It would have been SO easy dude!

If they do chases or variants, which I'm pretty sure they've said they are, then what I would want more than anything else would be Filmation heads! He-Man with the bowl cut, Man-At-Arms with a mustache, Mer-Man with fins on the SIDE. Also classic toy/toon re-decos would be great, but I'm not so much up for 200x stuff.

And I don't know why anyone is worried about varients clogging up the pegs. The 200x stuff that did were the things like Smash Blades and Fruity Pebbles Skeletor, and Mattel has made it clear they're NOT going to be doing stuff like that anymore.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Um, WHAT?! This the first I've heard of Teela cluttering pegs anywhere. If she did, why didn't you buy them and sell them here for cost or ebay and double or triple your money? It would have been SO easy dude!
    I did post on this site about my finds, no one requested anything back then. Besides, it would have only been easy if I had disposable income to snatch up the lot...which I didn't. There were lots of Teelas...including the ones packed with the video. It was insane. Hopefully the lop-sided distribution will be fixed this time around.

I am 50/50 on chase figures and variants. I will buy them if they make them. But if they don't no biggie either.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    If chase figures allow them to sneak out a few more characters per wave, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I hope this doesn't happen. Faker is a stand alone character. I don't mind him being a repaint but I would not want him as a chase.

For me, a chase would be something like Savage He-Man or Evil Lyn in 2002 colors.

Quote Originally Posted by onthoofder View Post
    Nice to see you have so much spare time, but let's not give Mattel any ideas on this matter, please.

r.
    Dear God, I'M SORRY, WHAT WAS I THINKING!

Thanks to those turning this thread into yet another "me hate chases" debate and completely ignoring its original purpose.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I've argued this before, but if you make the availability of all of those variants listed above as wide as the normal figures, you will smother the pegs and kill the line. Given the choice between A: not getting the variants at all or B: having them released as chase variants, wouldn't you want them to be chase variants?
    The problem with a 'chase' variant is that it would be randomly packed, so there would be no way for those people who really want it to be certain of getting it.

And some people who placed the order wanting the regular version (and maybe not carring about the chase variant) will end up getting the chase version instead, and will now have to go about finding a way of getting rid of the chase one and getting their hands on the regular one. While most chase variants go for extra cash on the secondary market, and some might be excited for a profit opportunity, there will be some people who won't care about that and will just be frustrated by the extra work they will have to go through to unload the chase figure and getting their hands on the regular one.

And many chases will end up in the hands of scalpers, so they will get resold at obnoxious sums of money to those who really want them.

I say leave chase variants out of the line.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I'm kind of impartial on doing actual chases and not chases that are produced at the same rate of the regular figures. Still, if it's going to hurt more than help, why do it?

I will tell you this much, I would buy a Prince Adam variant that was in the blue tunic like in the early mini-comics. That's better than the pink and purple Filmation get-up.

Peace.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Heroic Warrior
    If it is 1 figure per wave available on-line only, there should be no chase variants.

If the line ever gets to the point where there is a case that is
    3x figure 1
    2x figure 2
    2x figure 3
    1x chase/variant

then I would support it, so long as I could buy a case. There are other lines that do this and it's a much better way to get the variants than simply driving all over the place

Actually, what would be even better would be if there was the chase/repaint available online only, and a regular case for the stores... then those that want the chase/repaint could order and it wouldn't take away.