He-Fan Q&A Round 3 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for the Q&As:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
For now, please avoid questions about:
- Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).
- Retailer and global distribution
- Wave strategy (figures in the waves, who's in each wave, etc)
Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer. Remember that characters that premiered in the Filmation cartoons, and did not have a Mattel toy or 2002 MYP cartoon appearance, are currently off-limits in the MOTUC line.
And all of the other categories are things Mattel has asked not to take questions on until after they address them at SDCC 2008.
We will pick the 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
It's nothing personal.
The 10 questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. Since the MOTUC line is not supposed to have action-features, what will be done for characters whose name was derived from their action-feature? (eg: Extendar who's limbs extended, Stinkor who smelled stinky, Blast Attak who blasted apart into pieces, etc)
2. For any figures that might be in the MOTUC line that were missing from the 2002 line, is it possible they will be sculpted/designed in the 2002 style to help fans get figures never released for that line? Or is the style seen on King Grayskull the look of the entire MOTUC line?
3. Do you know if Princess of Power figures in the MOTUC line will have sculpted or rooted hair?
4. Is it possible to work out a deal with Entertainment Rights to allow for figures of Filmation characters that fans have wanted for decades? (eg: Adora, Shadow Weaver, etc)
5. Are sculpted environments a possible addition to be included with figures? (like with Robocop or Lost figures)
6. Much like the King Grayskull figure exclusive, will Mattel offer the Volume 3 DVD exclusive outside of San Diego con, or do we need to make plans to obtain one via another means?
7. Will accessories match the original classic colors, or will they be changed to be more realistic? (like Prince Adam's magenta sword, Faker's orange sword, etc)
8. Are any of the 1980s concepts that never got released possible in the MOTUC line? (like Hand-Some, Big-Foot, Dragon-Lord, etc. Also others seen in Tomarts magazine years ago)
9. Any chance of a large scale line? (10", 12", etc)
10. Is there any chance for web'toons or web'isodes to create some sort of entertainment for the MOTUC line while furthering the mythos?
So ask those questions!