Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He-Fan Q&A Round 3 - Ask your questions here!

He-Fan Q&A Round 3 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for the Q&As:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

For now, please avoid questions about:
    • Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).
    • Retailer and global distribution
    • Wave strategy (figures in the waves, who's in each wave, etc)
    • Pricing
    • Articulation

Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer. Remember that characters that premiered in the Filmation cartoons, and did not have a Mattel toy or 2002 MYP cartoon appearance, are currently off-limits in the MOTUC line.
    And all of the other categories are things Mattel has asked not to take questions on until after they address them at SDCC 2008.

We will pick the 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    It's nothing personal.

--------------

The 10 questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Since the MOTUC line is not supposed to have action-features, what will be done for characters whose name was derived from their action-feature? (eg: Extendar who's limbs extended, Stinkor who smelled stinky, Blast Attak who blasted apart into pieces, etc)

2. For any figures that might be in the MOTUC line that were missing from the 2002 line, is it possible they will be sculpted/designed in the 2002 style to help fans get figures never released for that line? Or is the style seen on King Grayskull the look of the entire MOTUC line?

3. Do you know if Princess of Power figures in the MOTUC line will have sculpted or rooted hair?

4. Is it possible to work out a deal with Entertainment Rights to allow for figures of Filmation characters that fans have wanted for decades? (eg: Adora, Shadow Weaver, etc)

5. Are sculpted environments a possible addition to be included with figures? (like with Robocop or Lost figures)

6. Much like the King Grayskull figure exclusive, will Mattel offer the Volume 3 DVD exclusive outside of San Diego con, or do we need to make plans to obtain one via another means?

7. Will accessories match the original classic colors, or will they be changed to be more realistic? (like Prince Adam's magenta sword, Faker's orange sword, etc)

8. Are any of the 1980s concepts that never got released possible in the MOTUC line? (like Hand-Some, Big-Foot, Dragon-Lord, etc. Also others seen in Tomarts magazine years ago)

9. Any chance of a large scale line? (10", 12", etc)

10. Is there any chance for web'toons or web'isodes to create some sort of entertainment for the MOTUC line while furthering the mythos?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Let's say IF the first two waves sell really really well... Mattel mentioned the possibility of playsets and/or vehicles to accompany the new MOTU figures. Does Mattel already have designers working on ideas for this sort of thing should the numbers start adding up, or do you wait to see how it does first before a designer picks up a pencil and starts sketching these things out?

I know you've said you can only make figures of characters from the Filmation cartoon who were also in either the Mini Comics or the MYP show. So my question is, for characters who were in both the classic series and the MYP show, which style would you plan on using for the new figures? For example, I have absolutely no interest in a vintage-styled Queen Marlena or Evilseed, but would by 200X versions of those characters in a heartbeat.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Does each character-name get its own logo on the card (like the King Grayskull-Logo) or did you use one and the same font (like in the 80's) for the character-names?
    Last edited by Matt XIC; July 1, 2008 at 10:21am.

Variants

Mattel, thanks for taking the time to answer our fan questions!
    My question is; Are there any plans on including variant figures (much like the King Grayskull bronze, or the Marvel Legends line in general)? Or even planned subtle differences such as redecos or paint changes?
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

Is there any chance you could offer figure stands like the ones that came with the stactions, either with the figures or sold separately? Perhaps at your online store?
    Last edited by RocketPunch; July 2, 2008 at 08:57pm.

Will the original Princess of Power dolls be the only influance for POP designs in the MOTUC line? For example the original She-Ra toy's swirling chest plate and reversable mask, vs the Filmation / 2004 exclusive She-Ra's symetrical chest plate and smaller golden tiara.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 1, 2008 at 01:34pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Can you tell us the genesis of the MOTU classics line? Was this a concept by the Four Horsemen, or was it already planned by Mattel. I guess I am just curious as to the beginnings of this new line, and the process of going from concept to reality! Thanks!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Is the face on the He-man prototype from 2007 SDCC gonna be the final face?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Man-At-Arms...

Mustache? Or no Mustache? Or swappable heads?
    THAT is the question!

(Actually technically it's three... D'oh!)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

With Filmation off limits, is any source material for characters and story being used other than mini-comics or the 200x MY cartoon? (the UK Sunday comic strips for example)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Will the figures have removable body armor or accessories i.e. belts, arm bands, wings etc, like the vintage line?

Back in the 80's line Blade, Saurod and Gwildor were made from the 80's Movie. Are Character's from that movie such as Karg that were not made in the old line available for the new line?

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    I've seen some very good questions by other fans & I'm impressed that there isn't much left to ask....and since Lord Baena just asked a very good question that I was thinking of, then I'll have to ask something else.

Is it possible to have Skeletor finally come with a removable cape?
    Bad times don't last forever but bad guys do ~ Razor Ramone

Will you be producing plastic collector cases (like in 5 or 10 packs similar to what some other companies do) for the MOC collectors to help display & preserve their collection?

hey

how about rio blast accesories? i hated the staction because i think that the action figure was all about his weapons and the staction u couldnt move any of them
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    Will the power sword be connectible halves with Skeletor, He-man, and Prince Adam?
    Last edited by Wheelor; July 2, 2008 at 09:38am.
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

Who will have the complete control of sculpting and designs of the new line. Mattel designed a few of the 200X line and they were terrible.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

It is still planned for a COLLECTORS CLUB maybe to get exclusive products , like some unreleased toys as commemerative series, i. e . HE-RO, ELDOR, GYRATTACKER or from the PRINCESS OF POWER line the STAR SISTERS...
    showed in dealer catalogs 1987?

Alternative prototype versions of released figures made in the 80's for both series as special limited editions!

Reprint of all Classic Mini Comics... Trading Cards or posters with the classic Boxarts...

Regarding the new logo, I think most of us feel it's a step in the right direction, but the colouring of it is pretty bland. it needs more pop, why was it decided to go with more muted colouring than the original classic BOLD logo?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

If the line does well and some kind of comic (in any form) is produced, would you do the only logical and sensible thing and use MVC Creations, like on the Volume 3 DVD?

With the announcement of an online store only. Does this mean that there will be no Chase Variants? If there are... will we be able to order them separately or will we have to order many of one figure hoping that at least one of them will be the Chase variant?
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

What will be international shipping costs? Will foreign fans be able to do centralized orders to save on international shipping?

Would digital mini-comics on CD's packed with the figures similar to the one on Vol3 of the MYP DVD be a possible cheaper alternative to printed mini comics?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

There were 3 warriors shown in the mini comic "The Obelisk" that looked really cool & were never toys. Other monsters & creatures without names were showin in other mini comics as well. Is there a chance some of those characters could make it into action figure form?

~Co-Lec-Tor
    "Heroic Master of Collecting!"