Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to He-Fan Q&A Round 1!

Answers to He-Fan Q&A Round 1!

Toy Guru has addressed the questions of He-Fans and She-Ravers on He-Man.org with cosmic speed.
    Check out his answers to your Round 1 questions!

1. Any chance of exclusives through He-Man.org, AFX, and/or other sites/retailers?
    This is something we are looking into. We’ll be announcing distribution at San Diego Comic Con and we’ll be addressing concepts like this at our Fan Panel.

2. Will the figure bios be classic toy/mini-comic canon, MYP canon, or a mixture of the 2 in some new type of MOTUC canon?
    They will be a mixture of Classic Mini Comics and MYP canon with a few extras thrown in to help kick off the direction and future character selection of the new MOTU Classics line. While the bios will help to establish continuity, we also want to use them as a vehicle to help push the line into new areas of the MOTU world that can be explored.

3. Will there be a licensing program in conjunction with the MOTUC line?
    There are many possibilities for licensed product. We may announce some at SDCC this summer.

4. Are there any foreseeable character name trademark/copyright problems like with some of the characters in the 2002 toy line?
    This is a touchy question to answer off the cuff because legal copyright issues come and go. We will do our best to keep fan’s up-to-date on the latest in character selection and naming conventions.

5. Will figures have their signature "tag-line" attached? ("Evil Lord of Destruction", "Most Powerful Man in the Universe", "Warrior Goddess")
    Absolutely. All of the toy designers working on this line are huge MOTU fans and this was a detail we didn’t want to leave out.

6. Is there a possibility for the release of Fearless Photog, the winning entry in the design a figure contest back in the 80s?
    For the launch we will be concentrating on characters who had toys in the 1980s or were in the 200X series. Photog may be on the back burner for a while. If there continues to be increased fan demand we will look into the feasibility of this character.

7. Since he was said to be considered for the MOTUC line, has anything been uncovered in regards to the Savage He-Man originally thought to be from Wonder Bread?
    At this point we have not discovered information that can collaborate this promotion. ToyFare ran an article that uncovered no additional details. We also contacted the parent company of Wonder Bread and turned up nothing. If there are fans out there with any positive proof of a mail away Savage He-Man figure, Mattel would love to know! For the time being, our opinion is that this is some type of bootleg figure. But, since it is derived from MOTU, that doesn't mean we couldn't tackle this design look in the new MOTU Classics line if there is enough fan support.

8. Will He-Man once again have his classic cross symbol, or will it continue to feature the 2002 asterisk symbol?
    He will have the classic cross.

9. Will King Grayskull be made available to fans outside of SDCC, or should fans be making arrangements for people to pick up extras at the show? (please help us avoid high eBay prices!)
    If we do not sell out at the show we will find a way to make the remaining stock available through a reputable
    online store. But the plan right now is to sell out at the show.

***JVS3 edit: Please click here for info on arranging a purchase of King Grayskull via another fan or possibly via me.

10. Is that MOTUC logo we saw at New York the final logo design?
    A few changes have been made. Here is the final logo.

Map Map

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 3!
    And have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 1 questions!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    2. Will the figure bios be classic toy/mini-comic canon, MYP canon, or a mixture of the 2 in some new type of MOTUC canon?
    They will be a mixture of Classic Mini Comics and MYP canon with a few extras thrown in to help kick off the direction and future character selection of the new MOTU Classics line. While the bios will help to establish continuity, we also want to use them as a vehicle to help push the line into new areas of the MOTU world that can be explored.
    Whenever we get answers to these types of questions, I never know if they apply to the PoP figures as well (will their bios be based on their mini-comics?), or if it'll mostly be newer stuff for them.

This gives me a bit of hope that Adora will still be kidnapped by Hordak etc., though I think in She-Ra's mini-comic she already had the sword and He-Man was using his sword to guide him.

A lot of orange in that logo...

But it pops, which is good for visibility on the pegs.

Do you think all the character names will be in the KG font? Or is that just a KG exclusive?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Whenever we get answers to these types of questions, I never know if they apply to the PoP figures as well (will their bios be based on their mini-comics?), or if it'll mostly be newer stuff for them.

This gives me a bit of hope that Adora will still be kidnapped by Hordak etc., though I think in She-Ra's mini-comic she already had the sword and He-Man was using his sword to guide him.
    The official line from MYP was that She-Ra's introduction would have followed her existing mythology and the first POP mini comic has her stolen away by Hordak as a baby. I think it's likely that her classic origin will remain somewhat intact. If there are changes I don't think they will be major.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Thank God, no Fearless Photog in the foreseeable future!

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that He-man will have his cross and are going to keep 'Lord of Destruction'?!
    'Over Lord of Evil' was lame IMO.

Dissapointed that those are the final logos though. I think the MOTU logo is weak compared to the 80's one and although I dig the over all shape of the KG logo, the treatment isn't great.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Glad to hear that He-Man will be coming with his classic cross symbol.

And I agree about that logo, it is a tad bit bright. Hopefully it will look better on some actual packaging, rather than by its lonesome self.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

They will be a mixture of Classic Mini Comics and MYP canon with a few extras thrown in to help kick off the direction and future character selection of the new MOTU Classics line. While the bios will help to establish continuity, we also want to use them as a vehicle to help push the line into new areas of the MOTU world that can be explored."

This gets me very excited, because it hadn't dawned on me before that this is like a whole brand new toy line combining all the good stuff that came before while adding bits and pieces of new stuff to push everything forward. Not just simply a greatest hits package, so to speak. It's like MOTU, digitally-remastered with bonus features... LOL! I'm psyched.

3. Will there be a licensing program in conjunction with the MOTUC line?
    There are many possibilities for licensed product. We may announce some at SDCC this summer.

So really, this IS a new line and it's NOT just going to be action figures that are hard to find because they're aimed at adults... there could be all sorts of new merchandise... which means Mattel is making MOTU something BIG again

6. Is there a possibility for the release of Fearless Photog, the winning entry in the design a figure contest back in the 80s?
    For the launch we will be concentrating on characters who had toys in the 1980s or were in the 200X series. Photog may be on the back burner for a while. If there continues to be increased fan demand we will look into the feasibility of this character.

I'm increasing fan demand by saying "I want one."

7. Since he was said to be considered for the MOTUC line, has anything been uncovered in regards to the Savage He-Man originally thought to be from Wonder Bread?
    At this point we have not discovered information that can collaborate this promotion. ToyFare ran an article that uncovered no additional details. We also contacted the parent company of Wonder Bread and turned up nothing. If there are fans out there with any positive proof of a mail away Savage He-Man figure, Mattel would love to know! For the time being, our opinion is that this is some type of bootleg figure. But, since it is derived from MOTU, that doesn't mean we couldn't tackle this design look in the new MOTU Classics line if there is enough fan support.

I'm increasing fan support by saying "I want one of THESE, too."

8. Will He-Man once again have his classic cross symbol, or will it continue to feature the 2002 asterisk symbol?
    He will have the classic cross.

Oh hell yes!

10. Is that MOTUC logo we saw at New York the final logo design?
    A few changes have been made. Here is the final logo.

Map Map

Satisfied!

Freakin' sweeeet. Good answers!!
    Thanks Mattel!
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Thank God, no Fearless Photog in the foreseeable future!
    Fooey on Sir Reilly!

I say bring on Fearless Photog!
    I've been waiting for him since I was a kid.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Glad to hear the cross is back. I'm really looking forward to SDCC this year!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

[I] We’ll be announcing distribution at San Diego Comic Con and we’ll be addressing concepts like this at our Fan Panel.
    I'm really intrested to see what the distribution will be on this line. I'm really hoping chain retail stores will carry it and I won't have to try and track them down online with possible markups.

Sounds good so far! I can't wait to see what they look like at SDCC.
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

the logo is good but I think it needs a little more shine to it. (see the he-man.org logo for example)

HUZZAH for the classic cross!!
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 1, 2008 at 10:45am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Overall everything sounds pretty good. But, I also think the logo looks unfinished in some way. Maybe it will look better on the package...I hope.

I totally dig the new logo! I guess some would only be satisfied if it was exactly the same as in the 80s... and then still complain if "Classics" was added underneath. After all, it's ten times better than the 200x logo.

Fooey on Sir Reilly!
    I say bring on Fearless Photog!
    I've been waiting for him since I was a kid.
    Bah, you can get him once I got my He-Ro! And Eldor! And Gyrattacker! And Gigantisaur! And a Skelcon from the Ladybird Books!
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; July 1, 2008 at 11:09am.

I love the brightness of the logo and think it looks very eye-catching- which is what I think this new line needs to grab attention on the toy shelves.
    I also think, especially with this dash of orange, that it would look particularly killer on a nice black t-shirt.
    Any chances of this logo on a nice black shirt for a new he-man.org T?

Sounds like all good news to me!! I love that the classic cross will be used, the logo looks great IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I
    Any chances of this logo on a nice black shirt for a new he-man.org T?
    Nah we can't do MOTU logo shirts.
    Sorry.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    bring on the toys whats taking so looooooooooooooooooooooooong. im fine with everything so where are the toys

Classic Cross!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

• Great to hear about He-Man keeping his cross-symbol
    • Fantastic news about the tag-lines
    • New logo seems very busy. Looking at the top part, there are lot of edges...on top of edges. But vivid and definitely better than 200x -logo

Nah we can't do MOTU logo shirts.
    Sorry.

That stinks... but then, maybe this is one of the licensing/merchandising options Mattel is looking into through other venues... would be neat to see this logo on a shirt pop up at Hot Topic or Urban Outfitters or someplace like that later this year. Though it would be better if some of the $$$ made were going towards this site's overhaul

A big fan of Slush Head
    Fantastic!! This is incredible!! The more I read the more I want!!
    I can't wait for SDCC.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I like the logo more but it's still quite "Now That's What I Call - Masters of The Universe" music compilation. Perhaps it'll look better in person.

I'm glad all the figures will come with the tag lines an He-Man with his iron cross!

The Bio part is also very interesting, that they are blending early mini comics with 200X - very much like [SPOILER]the new movie script - little Filmation, based on early comics and a lot of 200X stuff Also add to the fact that King Grayskull is making an appearance in the film, the family motif is explained - the return of the iron cross on He-Man. - It can't be a coincedent.

The next 23 days or so are going to be horrible! I am so excited about SDCC finally new toys and hopefully a new green-lit movie and some licensing news and I'll be a very happy bunny.