Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to He-Fan Q&A Round 1!

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I like the news. I like the MOTUC logo. And I can't wait to see the toys.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I did not expect the logo to contain the most powerful color in the universe: ORANGE! Mad props.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Seeing the finished logo makes me dislike the word "classics" even more.

I see fans on this board are offering to pick up King Grayskull for other fans. That's a cool thing to do.
    Last edited by jegoing; July 1, 2008 at 05:47pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    1. Any chance of exclusives through He-Man.org, AFX, and/or other sites/retailers?
    This is something we are looking into. We’ll be announcing distribution at San Diego Comic Con and we’ll be addressing concepts like this at our Fan Panel.
    I think it may be a cool idea, definately for the he-man.org as more traffic = goodness. If they make Trapjaw, I could see them doing him in his original comic book colors as an exclusive. Something along those lines would be neat to see.

2. Will the figure bios be classic toy/mini-comic canon, MYP canon, or a mixture of the 2 in some new type of MOTUC canon?
    They will be a mixture of Classic Mini Comics and MYP canon with a few extras thrown in to help kick off the direction and future character selection of the new MOTU Classics line. While the bios will help to establish continuity, we also want to use them as a vehicle to help push the line into new areas of the MOTU world that can be explored.
    Sweet! Bios are always cool. I don't think the original MotU line had them (unless you count those little one-sentance blurbs on the artwork on the top of the back of their cards), but I know the HE-MAN line had them & those were pretty awesome. I'm always down for bios as it really does a good job of informing new people as to who these characters are.

4. Are there any foreseeable character name trademark/copyright problems like with some of the characters in the 2002 toy line?
    This is a touchy question to answer off the cuff because legal copyright issues come and go. We will do our best to keep fan’s up-to-date on the latest in character selection and naming conventions.
    Well that's good news. Hopefully we won't have another "Battle Fist" or "The General" incident after the last time. Maybe they could just give them different, but very similiar names. Like "Rat-Lor" or "Fist'Oh" or "Fist-O" or something. Mattel practically invented the whole "tons-of-hyphens-in-names" thing anyways, just go back to your roots Mattel !

5. Will figures have their signature "tag-line" attached? ("Evil Lord of Destruction", "Most Powerful Man in the Universe", "Warrior Goddess")
    Absolutely. All of the toy designers working on this line are huge MOTU fans and this was a detail we didn’t want to leave out.
    WOOT! This is great news! I liked how they had it in the 200X line, but was sad/miffed when it was taken out. Of course the packages were all tri-lingual messes so removing them was probably done to help reduce clutter on the packaging. I know it's just a sentance slapped on here & there, but it really does help convey more of that "classic old school MotU" vibe to the line. Nice job Mattel people!

6. Is there a possibility for the release of Fearless Photog, the winning entry in the design a figure contest back in the 80s?
    For the launch we will be concentrating on characters who had toys in the 1980s or were in the 200X series. Photog may be on the back burner for a while. If there continues to be increased fan demand we will look into the feasibility of this character.
    I totally think having him tossed in would be a awesome idea. Maybe make him as a "Collect-N-Connect" figure for the line, if they decide to go with that option. ORRR...he could just get made as a retailer exclusive... *COUGH!*he-man.org*COUGH!*

7. Since he was said to be considered for the MOTUC line, has anything been uncovered in regards to the Savage He-Man originally thought to be from Wonder Bread?
    At this point we have not discovered information that can collaborate this promotion. ToyFare ran an article that uncovered no additional details. We also contacted the parent company of Wonder Bread and turned up nothing. If there are fans out there with any positive proof of a mail away Savage He-Man figure, Mattel would love to know! For the time being, our opinion is that this is some type of bootleg figure. But, since it is derived from MOTU, that doesn't mean we couldn't tackle this design look in the new MOTU Classics line if there is enough fan support.
    I could totally see him as a variant or exclusive for some where, but I wouldn't want him taking up a slot in the actual toyline with what could be a better character/choice. Keep the He/Skeletor-Variants to Battle Armor, Thunder-Punch, Dragon Blaster, Terror Claws & Flying Fists and we'll be doing fine. What always made me tweak about the 200X line, is the toyline WAS called MASTERS of the Universe, not HE-MAN & Skeletor & Friends & yet there were more of them then anything else. SO glad Mattel found out that loads of He-Men & Skeletors = peg warmers.

8. Will He-Man once again have his classic cross symbol, or will it continue to feature the 2002 asterisk symbol?
    He will have the classic cross.
    NOICE! This is also cool news. Again, not earth-shattering cool news, but it's like knowing that the icing on the cake is going to be your favorite as opposed to something you hate; it just makes it taste better.

10. Is that MOTUC logo we saw at New York the final logo design?
    A few changes have been made. Here is the final logo.

Map Map
    I like it, it's simple yet old school enough to catch people's eye. Yes there IS a tad more orange in it then we're used to, but maybe that's to help attract/catch people's eyes more?

All in all this was an excellent Q&A and I feel a bit more confident now that this line won't be a repeat of the previous one. My only remaining hope is that the line will consist of some cool characters that I want to get. So long as the first wave has one of the more non-human looking characters in it, I'll be happy. Heck, I'm just glad to be getting MotU toys again. Plus the option of maybe even getting new versions of the "HE-MAN" toyline characters (come on new Slushhead & Sagitar!) makes this line indeed a masterful one.

Bring on the SDCC!

~Co-Lec-Tor

(P.S.): Whoa, this is the 2nd time Mattel is revealing their newest incarnation of the MotU toyline at the SDCC. Co-wink-e-dink or no? o_O??
    "Heroic Master of Collecting!"

Great Q&A! Thanks Toy Guru! I am psyched the classic cross is coming back! Why was it removed on the 200X He-Man? I can't seem to remember!

There are many possibilities for licensed product. We may announce some at SDCC this summer.
    This is AWESOME!! I want tee-shirts, bedsheets, lunchboxes, and so much more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IceWolf View Post
    Great Q&A! Thanks Toy Guru! I am psyched the classic cross is coming back! Why was it removed on the 200X He-Man? I can't seem to remember!

There are many possibilities for licensed product. We may announce some at SDCC this summer.
    This is AWESOME!! I want tee-shirts, bedsheets, lunchboxes, and so much more!!!
    And underpants!!! C'mon you know you want them!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post

I forgot about those!!

It's just really cool that we are getting a 2nd MOTU line in the same decade. Hopefully the fiasco of 2002 will have made an impact on Mattel as to "how not" to distribute figures. I have not been on these boards for a looooong time, I'm excited there is something coming down the road that gets me pumped again. I hope this leads to a MOTU video game as well, a Wii version where you can use the wiimote at the power sword!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I am bummed about the Photog answer. That is easily my most wanted never-made figure in this line.

Most of the news sounds good, although they can't say a lot, obviously, until SDCC...

Will have to see if the new logo grows on me. I can't say that I hate it, but I'm not in love so far. I'm hoping for the exploding rocks behind it.

3. Will there be a licensing program in conjunction with the MOTUC line?
    I hope this means more stactions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Thank God, no Fearless Photog in the foreseeable future!
    GUAT??!!

As much as i would've preferred the 4H cross symbol of the SDCC 2001 statue, I'm just glad it is a cross at all. The * symbol was OK... I didn't hate it as much as some, but it is nowhere near as cool as the cross. Very pleased that is back.

I am pleasantly surprised that nothing in this first Q&A disappointed me. Seems like they are making better decisions with this line.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=Hek-tor;1945843]I hope this means more stactions!!!

Not gonna happen. NECA turned down the license and have made it clear, by actions and comments, that they do not plan to pursue the property.Add this to the fact that Mattel would not be doing them as their goal is to get the MOTUC line up and running and any sales that went to the stactions would most likely take away from the sales for the figures. The staction lines are out of the question, IMO, until at least the 3rd or 4th wave of MOTUC is out and sales well. And if the line does not sell well the stactions are more then likly done for good. I can not see any scenario where the stactions come back in the next 2 years, at least.

By merchandising I think they mean things like Mcdonalds toys, comics (the he-man/voltron cross over for example), and other things like lunch boxs, note books, and things the classic line had. They would not sell anything that would detract from the sales of the figures, only things that would advertise them.

On another note I am very happy that they are going back to the cross. I didnt like the *.

I am also excited about the news that the Con is gonna be MOTU centric!

Pretty dissapointed with the final logo choice. The one they initially showed was much better being that it was closer to the original. It needs way less oranges and a touch more pink and silver.

And it seems if enough of us keep on asking for Photog he will get made. That is one figure that totally needs to get made. I forget, is his designer a member of this board? I vaguely remember him being in contact with this forum years ago. Maybe i'm wrong. It would be cool to get his reaction if the figure sees the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I am bummed about the Photog answer. That is easily my most wanted never-made figure in this line.
    I don't know about that...
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

bah, I never cared for photog, when I saw that as the winning design I was underwhelmed to say the least. if he came out I would have bought it, but I don't really feel (as a fan) that he needs to be made, but it would be cool after all these years (for the designer) to have it finally come out. (Mattel should send him a free one if they can track him down)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    Only if they're furry!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Awesome!

Thanks, Tony!

and Thanks, Val!

All this good news is making me thirsty.... ...but I'll be back.

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Blah blah Orange Pooh pooh

who cares if the logo is a little oversaturated here or there, we're getting ACTION FIGURES!

That said. Why the orange stroke inside the "Masters", really why?
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Blah blah Orange Pooh pooh

who cares if the logo is a little oversaturated here or there, we're getting ACTION FIGURES!
    Yeah, orange you guys glad we're getting figures?

*wonders if anyone will get my lame joke*

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

I figure they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I figure they will.
    I'm just glad he didn't say Banana.
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

Wow... that was bad.

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    That is one snazzy logo they made. It has the right balance of nostalgia and modern.
    Wabawalawoo!!!

It's so lame it's funny! No offence of course!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian