Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Answers to He-Fan Q&A Round 1!

One of the topics we weren't to ask questions about was, articulation. I wonder why that is? Looking at he prototype pics it looks pretty obvious where the articulation points are.

Any theories?

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Thank God, no Fearless Photog in the foreseeable future!
    How dare you say this! Long live Photog!!!!
    Get Over HERE!: Visit www.retro-daze.com

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

Soooooooo.... Round 2 answers should be up soon, right?!
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Onekorn View Post
    Answers would make me very happy right now. I'm dying to know what's up with the whole rooted vs sculpted hair issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Answers would make me very happy right now. I'm dying to know what's up with the whole rooted vs sculpted hair issue.
    And I'M dying to know if we'll actually be getting a SHADOW WEAVER, finally!!
    – No comment.

I'm hoping for sculpted hair. The She-Ra that was shown at the con one year with sculpted hair was amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Vapor View Post
    How dare you say this! Long live Photog!!!!
    Hordak agrees with me!

I so hope so! I am dieing here waiting for new information. Seriously I am finding the wate for SDCC worse that the wait for xmas as a kid! Primarly because I know there is new MOTU stuff comming. I know we are waiting for the big announcements, but the org seems deathly quite of late. It's been almost 4 months since NYCC and I am finding it torture. Is it just me or has anyone else found this a really long time to wate?

Me too! I just want some POP info, anything will do! I hope they might have at least one POP character to show of at SDCC! She-Ra, Adora or Catra would be amazing!!!!!!!!!! My money is on sculpted hair this time around though.

And I'M dying to know if we'll actually be getting a SHADOW WEAVER, finally!!
    I assume the answer will still be No. But, considering pretty much the whole fan community is united in the call for Shadow Weaver, Mattel would have to be deaf, dumb and blind to not realise that she is very much a wanted character.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'm hoping for sculpted hair. The She-Ra that was shown at the con one year with sculpted hair was amazing!
    While I love the 2004 She-Ra (being a total homage to the POP fans and all) I agree! The sculpted hair She-Ra was amazing! I would have liked the hair to look a little longer, but she still was perfect. I hope the 4H will be able to work quite closely from that version of She-Ra's head sculpt, if not totally re-using that version. I just hope she gets her own sculpt, no shairing with Teela this time around. In the original line she had her own sculpt so hopefully this will happen again.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 15, 2008 at 02:33pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I so hope so! I am dieing here waiting for new information. Seriously I am finding the wate for SDCC worse that the wait for xmas as a kid! Primarly because I know there is new MOTU stuff comming. I know we are waiting for the big announcements, but the org seems deathly quite of late. It's been almost 4 months since NYCC and I am finding it torture. Is it just me or has anyone else found this a really long time to wate?
    I totally agree with you there, on all points you made. Until there's actually some news (i.e. the unveiling at SDCC), there isn't much to really talk about here. I mean, we can only speculate & speculate so much, after that we're left with not much to discuss. We can only say "Oh yeah, I totally agree with you said there." so many times; after that it's more like "OK, we ALL know we all agree with each other on THAT subject..what ELSE can we talk about?".

Well, the SDCC is next week I believe, so the loooong wait will soon be over. Just a reminder to all the con-going org members:

• Take videos/pictures/notes of the Mattel panel (when permited of course).
    • Be sure to ask good questions (i.e.: avoid obvious ones).

All us orgers at home who can't go to the con are counting on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Me too! I just want some POP info, anything will do! I hope they might have at least one POP character to show of at SDCC! She-Ra, Adora or Catra would be amazing!!!!!!!!!! My money is on sculpted hair this time around though.
    I'd imagine they'll have some stuff to show off from each different MotU Property/toyline (i.e. the Princess of Power & HE-MAN toylines) there, but I really do hope that there is a Start-Up assortment with a character or two from each different line.

Example:
    6-Figure Start-Up Wave:
    • She-Ra (Princess of Power)
    • He-Man (Masters of the Universe)
    • Skeletor (Masters of the Universe)
    • Hordak (Princess of Power/Masters of the Universe)
    • Flogg (HE-MAN)
    • Hydron (HE-MAN)

Something like that would make sense to me. Starting off with some of the head-liner characters from those properties & then, every month, releasing a new figure.

This line is SO much different then the other MotU lines of the past, as now it is just ONE toyline to hold THREE different MotU related properties. We'll be having characters fighting for placement in this line if they stick to this 1-figure a month idea. I just hope this line lasts long enough so that we all get the characters we loved as kids in it. I grew up in the tail-end of MotU & the oldest figures I had were Stratos & Buzz-Off; most of the ones I owned were later-releases that got left out of the 200X MotU line.

If I can get a new Leech figure finally, I'll be very happy. That dude rocks. 8)

~Co-Lec-Tor
    "Heroic Master of Collecting!"

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    4. Are there any foreseeable character name trademark/copyright problems like with some of the characters in the 2002 toy line?
    This is a touchy question to answer off the cuff because legal copyright issues come and go. We will do our best to keep fan’s up-to-date on the latest in character selection and naming conventions.
    Could Mattel not find a way around this problem? For instance, what if instead of calling Fisto "Battle Fist", they simply add a rank to the name, like "Lt Fisto". Same goes with Rattlor. Why not just drop a "T" from the name and call him "Ratlor" or simply "General Ratlor"???

Oh, ...apparently with the new movie, Fisto is getting the name "Logan." Perhaps they could could just call him that?
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; August 13, 2008 at 11:05am.