Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Oracle and Orko

The Oracle and Orko

In the MYP Toon they did a generations type thing where what was happening at the time had kind of happened in the past too, or characters roles had anyway
    He-Man - King Grayskull
    Sorceress - Veena
    The Masters - The Council
    The list goes on. It has been stated that there was an ancestral connection between many the characters and their future counterparts. The one that I find intriguing is The Oracle/Orko.

In the DVD commentry one of the creators says Orko is a descendant of The Oracle.

I think that The Oracle IS Orko, who in the future, after Skeletor is defeated and Eternia is safe, travels into the past somehow and becomes an "oracle" due to his knowledge of their "future", which is Orko's ancient history.

In the toon The Oracle seemed to be powerful and respected but also had his goofy "Orko" moments. I saw him as relatively older than Orko by the way he spoke and his big white eyebrows. He had knowledge of Graykull's future death.

In the comics (which is/was going to be different canon, I know), the last one made was about Orko and I think it definatley alluded to Orko becoming The Oracle in the future/past I also think that Orko, as The Oracle finally got to go back home to Trolla, after Hordaks demise, to see out his days in piece

What do you think?

Wow, how funny....I just finished volume 3 of the comics last night. Yeah I know.... about time. Took me awhile to find a deal on the whole volume. Anyways, I thought the Orko one was one of the best comics of the set. To be honest with you I never even thought of Orko being the Oracle. Thinking back on it (less than 24 hours ago...lol)......it makes perfect sense. I agree, the Oracle is Orko in the future.

I loved the ending where he finally gets his wand. My hats off to the Comic team. Can't wait to read the new one in a few weeks!!!!!
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

Movie mayhem!
    .. I hated the oracle in that episode. It ruined the whole thing for me. Not that he was a trollan, or even that he might be a relative of orko but the fact that he had the exact same voice as orko it just made the whole thing seem really silly instead of epic.

If he WAS orko, then fine have the same voice actor, but clearly he's older so have an effect on the voice or do something to make it sound like he's older.... it just seemed very akward the way it was.

The babe with The Power Slackbot's Avatar
    I like the idea of the Oracle (Orakle?) being Orko, and there was a discussion about it some years ago.

In my fanfic continuity they are the same, and the connection is that in some great and dreadful Final Battle Skeletor (or perhaps Hordak) intended to get rid of the thorn in their side, He-Man, by sending him to a time and place where he could no longer aggravate them. That would be the past, and of course He-Man could not thwart them from the past because he didn't. (Time travel makes for strange logic, not to mention odd verb tenses.) However, Orko, who is sensitive to magic, could tell that some bad mojo was going down, triggered the trap himself - the equivalent of diving on a grenade - and got chucked back to the in time. He knew about the Oracle, and realized that the way he had known about the future was that he had experienced it himself. (Time travel also makes for pronoun trouble.) So, he resigned himself to living out his life to fulfill the role of the Oracle - he had to do it, because that's what had already happened in the past.

In sci-fi this would be a big ol' grandfather paradox, but in MOTU you can get very loose with logic if it makes for a good story.
    Castle Numbskull
    Masters of The Universe stuff you won't find anywhere else.
    Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by cilman View Post
    I loved the ending where he finally gets his wand. My hats off to the Comic team. Can't wait to read the new one in a few weeks!!!!!
    Kind of off topic but who-wha-ho-hunh? I don't remember an issue with Orko getting his wand back, what issue was it? Also 'new one in a few weeks' please don't tell me that there's a new comic out there and it's been so poorly promoted that I missed out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Kind of off topic but who-wha-ho-hunh? I don't remember an issue with Orko getting his wand back, what issue was it? Also 'new one in a few weeks' please don't tell me that there's a new comic out there and it's been so poorly promoted that I missed out on it.
    Eighth issue of Volume 3. Orko is on the cover. He whips it out on the last page. http://www.grahamcrackers.com/shoppi...d.asp?id=60190

The new comic is going to be included with the Best Buy version DVD of MYP Cartoon volume 3. It is the never seen 40th episode put into comic form. This is from another thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Hmm. Guess that cat is out of the bag...

Yep. We decided we wanted to do something REALLY special with Episode 40, so we had the good people at MVCreations adapt the completed script into a full length, full color comic book.

22 pages of Emiliano Santalucia drawing all our favorite characters again!
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cilman View Post
    Eighth issue of Volume 3. Orko is on the cover. He whips it out on the last page. http://www.grahamcrackers.com/shoppi...d.asp?id=60190

The new comic is going to be included with the Best Buy version DVD of MYP Cartoon volume 3. It is the never seen 40th episode put into comic form. This is from another thread
    Hmm, down here they stopped volume three after issue 4, it was so poorly promoted and it was before my time here at the org that I just assumeed that it was cancelled. I knew about the Best Buy exclusive, but since I never even got #8 of vol 3 in my brain it lumped it as an entire volume I didn't know about.

Back when the last issue of the Vol 3 came out (of the MVCreations series), I made the suggestion that Orko was the Oracle... that was why he wasn't in his 'lair' when Orko & He-Man went looking for him, yet there was a message left for him from the Oracle... as though, because everything is a circle, the Oracle knew he had to leave his past self a message

it's something, I think, Emiliano corroborated in a thread recently.

They are wrong on the DVD if that's what they said, unless they are trying to re-write that bit of info (which is possible)... but why bother? It wouldn't make sense that Orko is a descendant of the Oracle, because Orko wasn't born on Eternia, etc. (and yeah, I know the Oracle could have been his father on Trolla and traveled, etc., but please...
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I have to admit that I got the idea of Orko being the Oracle from the hints in the comics. And I love that it gives Orko a greater purpose, since as the Oracle he helped shape the whole history of Eternia instead of just being little more than the court jester.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I have to admit that I got the idea of Orko being the Oracle from the hints in the comics. And I love that it gives Orko a greater purpose, since as the Oracle he helped shape the whole history of Eternia instead of just being little more than the court jester.
    Agreed. I think it's cool that the most under-rated and undervalued character would turn out to be the cornerstone of the worlds history and in the scheme of things would be a more pivotal character than He-Man. Love the irony

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Perhaps the Oracle is Orko in the past. It is revealed in The Dawn of Dragoon that the magic of Orko does not work properly on Eternia because things in Trolla operate in reverse. Perhaps Trollans age in reverse as well.

I think it's simpler to assume that an older wiser Orko travelled back in time, rather than aging in reverse. Especially since he first arrived on Eternia when he met Adam and Cringer.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I think it's simpler to assume that an older wiser Orko travelled back in time, rather than aging in reverse. Especially since he first arrived on Eternia when he met Adam and Cringer.
    Supposing that he regresses in age as time progresses, he would have no memory of his previous age as it has yet to happen. In other words, he would have no memory of being the Oracle; his first memories of Eternia would be when he saved Adam and Cringer.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Supposing that he regresses in age as time progresses, he would have no memory of his previous age as it has yet to happen. In other words, he would have no memory of being the Oracle; his first memories of Eternia would be when he saved Adam and Cringer.
    Would that mean he has absolutely no memory at all, ever?

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    sigh....it's like Merlin. He's living backwards through time while the rest of us go forward. So that's how he knew Grayskull would die as it had already happened for him.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull View Post
    sigh....it's like Merlin. He's living backwards through time while the rest of us go forward. So that's how he knew Grayskull would die as it had already happened for him.
    Grayskull's death had already happened for him if he'd travelled back in time too. I think we get that it could by like White's take on Merlin where he ages backwards, but that just doesn't agree with what we've seen of Orko in Adam's time. He doesn't have knowledge of He-Man's future, in fact he has a whole history that he does remember. If he'd been aging backwards when he met Adam in the swamp, he'd be talking about He-Man rather than Trolla. His adventures on Eternia with He-Man would have been his immediate history, not Trolla. As far as we've seen, he learns things the same way everyone else does. He was even reminded of previous events in Lessons, which if he was moving through time backwards would have been a vision of the future for him. With cause and effect reversed, he'd have acted with more confidence before seeing that memory rather than after---but it doesn't matter since he remembered it when he saw it anyway. I have nothing against Orko aging backwards, but I don't think that's what was going on with Okro and the Oracle. For that to work, the last thing that would happen to Orko is he'd only be able to talk about Trolla and then he'd go back and we'd never see him again. I think an older Orko travelling back in time makes the most sense if they are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull View Post
    Precisely!

This is the type of stuff I really hope they reveal to us in the Org up-grade.

I don't really understand how much was MYP, MVC or the 4HM, so I don't know if we are going to get these kind of answers. Here's hoping...

The babe with The Power Slackbot's Avatar
    Heh. This discussion got stuck in my head, so I ended up writing a short fic about it. This is y'all's fault!

I wish this had been resolved in the canon. Ah well...

Re Orko living backwards, I just can't buy that because it messes with cause and effect too drastically. He would have to answer before he was spoken to, he'd already know the outcome of his actions (and it's been demonstrated time and again that he doesn't), and can you imagine what it would look like to him when people eat? Maybe that's why we never see him at the dinner table.
    Last edited by Slackbot; September 11, 2008 at 08:47pm.
    Castle Numbskull
    Masters of The Universe stuff you won't find anywhere else.
    Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    .. I hated the oracle in that episode. It ruined the whole thing for me. Not that he was a trollan, or even that he might be a relative of orko but the fact that he had the exact same voice as orko it just made the whole thing seem really silly instead of epic.

If he WAS orko, then fine have the same voice actor, but clearly he's older so have an effect on the voice or do something to make it sound like he's older.... it just seemed very akward the way it was.

Yea I agree. It was really silly. I think they are different characters. Its just funny that in each period of time each person/counterpart is and was represented. Im not a fan of coinscience at all. I liked the storyline. It worked but it could have been a bit more real. And then the Oricle whips out the power sword. It just seemed too unbelievable. But then again it is a cartoon.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    Agreed. I think it's cool that the most under-rated and undervalued character would turn out to be the cornerstone of the worlds history and in the scheme of things would be a more pivotal character than He-Man. Love the irony
    It's really neat that people are noticing this stuff.
    Makes all our efforts on the comic much more worthwile.
    And kinda proves what I've been saying in the movie forum.
    Orko can be fun... but he can be important at the same time.

He's a central character because he's so unique.
    But there is no need to make him dark and serius to make him important...

After watching the commentry on the Power of Grayskull episode, I really got the impression that The Oracle being Orko was something that they had talked about but hadn't decided on. One of the guys said it was Orko and then one of the other guys was quick to say it was a relative...

Then seeing this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    It's really neat that people are noticing this stuff.
    Makes all our efforts on the comic much more worthwile.
    And kinda proves what I've been saying in the movie forum.
    Orko can be fun... but he can be important at the same time.

He's a central character because he's so unique.
    But there is no need to make him dark and serius to make him important...
    I am quite happy to believe that even if MYP wasn't going to have Orko as The Oracle that MVC certainly was Sweet

Widget

Masters of the universe 2000

Hi there,
    Does anyone have a good image(s) of the Oracle character from the Masters of the Universe 2000 series?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by virgonoshaka View Post
    Hi there,
    Does anyone have a good image(s) of the Oracle character from the Masters of the Universe 2000 series?
    Thank you
    Screencaps from MegaGearMax's photobucket-link.
    http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...abs/?start=400

The Oracle

The Oracle with King Grayskull

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    absolutely loved the Oracle. it is possible for the Oracle to be Orko & would make for a good twist. but... no we don't need another plot or character twist like that.