Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel SDCC schedule & news about their online store - exclusive home of MOTUC!

Mattel SDCC schedule & news about their online store - exclusive home of MOTUC!

Starting the Monday after Comic Con, because you demanded it, Mattel will be launching a brand new Collector Website with the latest news, updates, and previews. And the big news: This new site will also be the EXCLUSIVE home of Masters of the Universe Classic action figures with a new character available EACH MONTH starting this fall!

Of course we’ll have more details including the URL name at San Diego Comic Con, but we wanted to make sure to give online toy fans the scoop first. Oh – and to kick off the new online store, we’ll be putting aside a very limited number of each of this year’s SDCC exclusives which will go on sale on the new collector web site at 8:00 am Eastern Standard Time on July 28th.

Check it out the news and the con schedule on the main page of He-Man.org!

UPDATE:

Toyguru's post with more info about the online store

Action Figure Insider's July 3rd Q&A with Toyguru that reveals more info about the online store

Very interesting news. I would guess that means we will get 4 characters in 2008.

Oh wow!! Super cool!!

I like the idea of having the website for exclusives but not for the only place to buy the figures, especially if its only once a month.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Movie mayhem!
    I think they mean the only place officially online.

Santas Sorpresas Batman!!!! Mattel really hit it out of the park with this awesome news!!!! Way to go guys!
    COSTA RICA: NO ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I think they mean the only place officially online.
    Well if that is the case and the 1 figure a month is a new monthly exclusive...that changes everything. I would be very happy with that.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Great News!! Can't wait for online store. Will make things easier to get and thats fine by me.

Sean79

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    That's great news. I'm too old and gas is too expensive to go on toy hunts anymore.

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    I'm totally down with a collector's club...have been for some time now & Wow, finally after years of demanding, I'm absolutely astonished that this is becoming reality!

...Also, thank you to everyone especially Matty/toyguru for listening & convincing mattel to take that extra step for us.
    Bad times don't last forever but bad guys do ~ Razor Ramone

Alright! Yay! Whoooeeeee!

Can you tell I'm happy?

This is indeed great news for MOTU collectors! And while I do wish the line would be released in stores, I think for the long run, the online site will be most beneficial for all of us who have been hoping for a new toy line. Even tho I wish it were twice a month, once a month may be for the best. This way I know I can afford to get the figures, and now with some SDCC exclusives at the ready, I just might be able to get one.

Now to prevent scalpers, I hope they limit purchases of the Con exclusives!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

"Come help celebrate the return of He-Man to toy shelves everywhere. . ."

Awesome news, plus a dedicated collector website? I'm saving now for this new line!
    Good Traders: Domercon, parat0r, cjclifford, marndt8448, prime371, AGE, Grunaura, boggs32, phoenixinfernos1, jesstertwo, Bellamy, Trap-Jay, Steph, Kinnikuman76, zodak74, IceWolf, CHRIS-ORION, Him-Man, layz909e, Master Eternian, Peter, LORD FALLEN ELDOR, Lord Anubis, Son Of Keldor, Tinkerbeee, Pyre, Christop, bigassbuzz, MaxGoof, JeMaBo2, G2Figures, General Hawk 7, Mern-Ra, Cubsteven, lemure77

All sounds good to me

Thank you god!!!!

I LOVE IT ALL! The collectors website is the BEST news EVER!!! The hunt sucks. Period. I don't have the gas or time for it, so if the website is the ONLY place to get the figures I can totally live with that. If they're in stores, too, then that's cool, but this would just be SO EASY!

And while I love MOTU SO SO SO MUCH MORE than any other toy line and will buy at least two of each figure when I cherry pick every other line, let's face it, for this PARTICULAR line to succeed with no media to go along with it, this is probably the only way it can. I just don't think MOTU has the weight to sustain itself by itself in Target, Wal-Mart and TRU, so I'm thrilled because while we may not get as many figures in a year I think we'll be getting them for many more years.

And yes, you could make the argument of "Well would you rather get 36 figures over 3 years or over a year and a half?" I guess I'd rather not have MOTU have a failed line of figures so soon--cuz that'd be 3 in one decade if you count the stactions. And I won't be at all surprised if once in a while they do two in a month like at Christmas and April...cuz you know, my birthday's in April.

And maybe they'll do something like make one character one month, and then the next month do another character and a variant; like He-Man one month and offer both Teela and The Green Goddess the next!

And I think this GREATLY increases the chances of us getting Battle Cat and Panthor sooner than later--and maybe other vehicles, too--OH! THESE would be great stuff to do at Christmas!

Mattel, you rule. And from here on out anyone who says different will answer to me! GRRRRRR.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; July 2, 2008 at 10:36pm. Reason: more thoughts
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

All great news! I can't wait!!!

This is a GREAT way to get figures that might not do as well as others on the toy shelves, such as He-Ro, She-Ra figures, Marlenna, Faceless One, Savage He-Man, Goddess, and so on. Not trying to put a downer on those I named, but it might be Mattel's thinking those would sell better in a collector's environment.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robin View Post
    This is a GREAT way to get figures that might not do as well as others on the toy shelves, such as He-Ro, She-Ra figures, Marlenna, Faceless One, Savage He-Man, Goddess, and so on. Not trying to put a downer on those I named, but it might be Mattel's thinking those would sell better in a collector's environment.

This is an excellent point! it will be a great way to get those figures.

Also, I assume this club wont be the only way we get other figures? Like the serious collectors will have the club and to get new interest in the line we will see retail stores carrting these. i guess we will find out at SDCC!

Quote Originally Posted by IceWolf View Post
    This is an excellent point! it will be a great way to get those figures.

Also, I assume this club wont be the only way we get other figures? Like the serious collectors will have the club and to get new interest in the line we will see retail stores carrting these. i guess we will find out at SDCC!
    Yes, retail stores will carry the MOTUC waves(most likely from 4-6 figures per wave), and the club will carry one online figure per month.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robin View Post
    Yes, retail stores will carry the MOTUC waves(most likely from 4-6 figures per wave), and the club will carry one online figure per month.
    And you know this info how?

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

we spoke.

They listened.

We both win.

Thank you.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    And you know this info how?
    Mattel said when they announced the line that the figures would be widely available at more retail locations than ever before.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Will see. We have to wait till SDCC for final news. I hope Mattel don't mess the process this time.

This site I'm assuming will cater to DC Universe and Movie Masters collectors also. I'm curious how well the site will handle the large amount of orders. I hope the site can handle the load.

Quote Originally Posted by jegoing View Post
    This site I'm assuming will cater to DC Universe and Movie Masters collectors also. I'm curious how well the site will handle the large amount of orders. I hope the site can handle the load.
    That would be ideal, since those 2 are the only other lines I collect alongside MOTU. Oh, well JLU too... but I'm assuming Mattel's site will encompass that line as well

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Mattel said when they announced the line that the figures would be widely available at more retail locations than ever before.
    I'd have to watch the panel again, but I believe they said this line would have "wider distribution than any Mattel line ever", which doesn't specifically mention retail stores, so if the website shipped internationally then anyone in the world could get them, making what he said fact.