Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.2!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I like some of what I'm hearing. but the one thing which does concern me is that the figures will be totally like their vintage versions. I was hoping that some variation would have been made, same goes for colouring.

Obviously I should wait and see what they do look like, but still its not what I had in mind.

Also I'm glad that Toyguru and Val have confirmed that it was always the plan for the line to be online.

I didnt see anywhere where toyg or Val has confirmed this line was always intended to be online. Just that that was something that might have been from Val.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    I didnt see anywhere where toyg or Val has confirmed this line was always intended to be online. Just that that was something that might have been from Val.
    In another thread, I think. I posted a little discussion of the confusion here:
    http://www.pointsofarticulation.com/...?p=34463#34463
    Pretty much what I've said in these threads already, but didn't want to post there without posting here, as well.

On another note, I'm actually one of the folks who's glad Stinkor and a potential Moss Man won't be stanky. I had to bury mine in their packages for years before I could put them out thanks to allergies.

As far as the BAF idea goes, I would have thought that almost a given here, especially with the 12 figures per month. You'd actually wind up with 14 a year if you add in two BAF's, even if they were each just another standard figure (or a slightly oversized guy like Beast Man or Whiplash).
    Last edited by scott metzger; July 21, 2008 at 11:46am.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

motuxmen:

You don't read the main page, apparently.
    Boo on you!

It was also in another thread posted by toyguru.
    *hint-use-search-feature-hint*

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    I know this is supposed to be online only and all, but it would've been cool if they put order forms for He-Man (or whatever figure comes first) in Volume 3 of the DVDs. You know -- for whoever doesn't have internet access.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    motuxmen:

You don't read the main page, apparently.
    Boo on you!

It was also in another thread posted by toyguru.
    *hint-use-search-feature-hint*

Yeah I have not looked in a while. My bad. Now I am even more irratitated about the situation then. I thought that things may have fallen through with the retail stuff...but now I just feel mislead. The way things were worded before with case ratios and all that jazz is not exactly how it has turned out. So it was very misleading, if not worse, IMO. OH well....enough of that....

I just hope this line does well in sales and is DONE well by Mattel. If that happens then I dont care about the rest of it. But if it fails there will be some "i told you so's" going on I am sure.lol

I do like the classic colors for the figures and accessorys. I am excited to see the blisters for the figures. Three days till my plane leaves!

Very happy with all these answers. I have only one hope...if the weaponry is to be coloured like the vintage line, I hope that it is done so in a realistic way. For example, Faker's orange sword being metallic orange, Skeletor's metallic purple, and so on.

Otherwise, no complaints. I'm extremely happy with the direction we seem to be going in.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    I have only one hope...if the weaponry is to be coloured like the vintage line, I hope that it is done so in a realistic way. For example, Faker's orange sword being metallic orange, Skeletor's metallic purple, and so on.
    I think we might see Skeletor's sword with a purple hilt but a steel colored blade, same for Faker in orange, Fisto in purple, Triklops in green, etc. It would still keep the vintage color scheme, but be more in line with modern day expectations.

That's just rampant speculation, though.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I think we might see Skeletor's sword with a purple hilt but a steel colored blade, same for Faker in orange, Fisto in purple, Triklops in green, etc. It would still keep the vintage color scheme, but be more in line with modern day expectations.
    This would be fantastic, IMO. I kind of doubt we'll actually se that implemented, but that would be my first choice. Brilliant idea.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

I don't think there's anything bad about having the line only available through online ordering....

I can never find the toys I want, anyway...even if they are available at Target or something...they sell out of the good ones...

It's a good thing, IMO.

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    This would be fantastic, IMO. I kind of doubt we'll actually see that implemented, but that would be my first choice. Brilliant idea.
    I think they might do it that way. King Grayskull's sword has the original He-Man sword gray for the hilt, but the blade is silver. Skeletor, Faker and Adam should follow suit with their 80's respective colours for the hilts.

Well I'm gonna make a BOLD GUESS and say that we'll see Skeletor before the week's end and then we'll know what the colors are like on HIS sword.

And that coupled with He-Man/Grayskull's sword will probably set the tone for the rest of the line.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

isn't his "exclusive" reveal at toyfair though?