Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mondo/madballs!!!

Heroic Warrior

Mondo/madballs!!!

Well now that Mondo is branching out into doing toys, it looks like they've decided to tackle Madballs! I'm super stoked about it, loved 'em when I was a kid. They rank right up there with Garbage Pail Kids from that short 80's era of toys that were gross, obnoxious, and cool. I hope they make them all, if there affordable ( I heard $10 to $15) then I'll be buying them all.

Last edited by RadicalThrasher; July 26, 2015 at 04:16pm.

So the other company that was doing them a few years back lost the license? That's too bad, but to be fair, these look even better done than those were. I'll be getting them for sure.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Heroic Warrior
    I can't find the article but I'm pretty sure I read that these will be made from vinyl, which you can get more detail from. More of a collectible then a toy you'd play with I guess.

So these are just the heads? Not the full figures where the heads would shoot off? I still have a few of mine and the vehicle. Loved those things.

PCS Filmation Collection:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    So these are just the heads? Not the full figures where the heads would shoot off? I still have a few of mine and the vehicle. Loved those things.
    Man I wish these were the full figures, I had them all. In fact I still have them and the vehicle /motorcycle somewhere too! Also have the 2 vhs episodes of the cartoon. But yeah I think their just doing the actual balls. Maybe they'll eventually do the full figures too. Or if not them maybe Funko, the mini Garbage Pail Kids vinyls they just did look fantastic.

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to these
    Last edited by RadicalThrasher; July 26, 2015 at 04:38pm.

These look perfect! I'll be picking them up for sure.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Oh wow. So cool!!!

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    These look great, but yeah-- I'd be much more excited if they were the full figures. I once had the opportunity the buy the whole set at a toy store in the early 00's-- I only bought one and I've been kicking myself ever since.

Heroic Warrior
    sign me up.

I didn't even know there were full figures ... not to mention vehicles! Did these just never make it to Australia?

I can only ever remember seeing them like this:

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by ramdad View Post
    I didn't even know there were full figures ... not to mention vehicles! Did these just never make it to Australia?

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/m...-revival/5.jpg
    Yup, the Mezco versions. I have those guys.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The Mondo ones look beautiful. I bet they’re going to be pricey, though.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The Mondo ones look beautiful. I bet they’re going to be pricey, though.
    Don't think they're going to be too pricey, atleast I hope not. Found the article that mentions what they're made from and possible price:
    http://www.strangekidsclub.com/2015/...ys-from-mondo/

If they end up only being $10 to $15, and they're not super limited or really hard to get, then I'm in for all of 'em! (Hope they plan on doing more then just the 3 pictured, Screamin' Meemie is a must!)
    And hopefully they end up doing the full figures too (although I'm probably just dreaming ).
    Last edited by RadicalThrasher; July 27, 2015 at 05:00pm.

Wow, if they are that much I'll be getting them all. They look so great.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Quote Originally Posted by ramdad View Post

Those were the last set that I had as well. I really, really liked the job that company did. These new ones are definitely even better made, though.

Oh yeah, completely forgot Madballs had figures of themselves.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yup, the Mezco versions. I have those guys.
    Loved Madballs as a kid. I have six of the nine. Missing Screamin Meemie, Slobulos, and Horn Head.

I remember picking up the first Madball comic before ever owning any of the actual toys.

I'll buy all of these new ones in a heartbeat.

Can't wait for these!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I only had one as a kid. Cracked Brain. Lost him on the roof. From what I remember the original toys were a foam material, so if you
    played with them, they ultimately got chipped up, and ended up getting thrown out.

I'd imagine as was said, these will be more MOC pin on the wall stuff, and if you do open them they'll probably be even flimsier for anyone
    thinking about playing catch with them.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I only had some collectible stickers as a kid, but wnated to get the full figures and lately thought of pursuing them to collect. Unfortunately, they are very expensive right now, around $100 each and not all of them are easy to get.
    Luckily, if they are going to be classiczed through Mondo with full figure I may try to get them.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Mondo just put up their Madball enamel pins from SDCC up on their site.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Big Madballs fan!!! I hope they are in scale with the original ones and are made of foam. These were some of my favorite toys as a kiddo

I got the Oculus and Dust Head pins!

Heroic Warrior
    I love Madballs and do want these but I want to know prices first, I'm still sad I couldn't afford their First Turtle figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Really cool to see Madballs getting some mad love. I'm stoked for these, but agree with the general sentiment, I hope they're not ridiculously overpriced.

Anybody remeber the cartoons? Only 2 episodes and really 2 different styles. Wish there would have been more episodes of either. Also wish these 2 episodes would get a dvd release

Blast from the past!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9dQASPH36NA

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RSX88VHDCs0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I got the Oculus and Dust Head pins!
    Excellent choices Jon! But how could you pass on Screamin Meemie!?!? Aargh and Slobulus are also 2 of my favorites. Actually I love'em all!

Had to pick and choose! LOL. I would have loved the whole set but too rich for my blood. Need to save money for the actual balls!

I've heard from multiple people the $10-$15 range so I REALLY hope that holds up and they are better priced than other Mondo offerings.