Thread: I just saw a UFO

I just saw a UFO

Man do I wish I had my phone on me at the time (or even better an actual camcorder)

So I was just taking my dog for a short walk and while he was going about his "business" I was looking up at the stars (as I like to do) and trying to see how many constellations I could spot. Now for about 20 - 30 seconds there was nothing out of the ordinary when slowly at first one of the "stars" started moving to my left (which would have been east). Now this "star" was WAYYYY to high to be a plane or helicopter, it was clearly out in space as it was just another small white dot like all the other stars.

At first I thought it was just an optical illusion, something to do with our planet rotating or something. But as I watched this "star" which had, I must remind you, been completely...COMPLETELY stationary for about 20 seconds was moving eastward and picking up speed. It even passed through Ursa Major .

So yeah I have no idea what that was. I don't think it was a shooting star / comet / asteroid because how comes it was still for so long? If it had been one of them wouldn't it have been moving all the time?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    Could it have been the International Space Station? If you ever see that in the sky and don't know what it is, it can really freak you out.

Conversely, when you are anticipating it and it finally shows up, it is a sight to behold.

I guess it could have been but I am sticking to my theory that it was aliens. Not that it makes more sense, it just sounds more fun

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    It was probably Aliens. I hear they really like that part of the world. At least that's what they say on Ancient Aliens and Coast to Coast AM!

So this is only your first sighting? Seriously, living in the country I have seen more than I can count. Some of my experiences would blow your mind!
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

From space answers.com

"Surprisingly there are a large portion of manmade satellites that can be seen with the naked eye. Sightings can number up to a hundred in a single night if you have good viewing conditions.

To identify a satellite you are looking for a star that looks like it is slowly moving across the night sky. On average they are visible for several minutes although some can be present for longer. The important thing to note is that unlike a plane, most satellites do not ‘blink’ or flash (unless they reflect the light of the Sun directly towards Earth, such as an Iridium flare). They remain a steady brightness and follow consistent speed and direction across the sky. Occasionally they can disappear if they move into Earth’s shadow. So next time you find yourself away from a city in a dark rural area, study the sky for these slow moving objects and see how many you can spot."
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Hmm some interesting facts there about satellites.

But nope.

Definitely aliens

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar

Aliens "are make-believe, just like Elves, Gremlins and Eskimos."

Heroic Warrior
    It always struck me as funny that people in the US see UFOS and people in catholic countries see the Virgin Mary. It can't be a coincidence.

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    It always struck me as funny that people in the US see UFOS and people in catholic countries see the Virgin Mary. It can't be a coincidence.
    Now that made me laugh!

The thing you're describing is mostlikely a satellite.
    But I think there are a lot of people out there who have whitenessed strange phenomena or had unexplained sightings. Most brush them off as being nothing or they are afraid to tell their stories because people will make fun of them.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    super mad props for using wwe wrestling to respond

Super mad props for using an Englishman to an Englishman

However. Wolf really really really really......wait for it.....really hates wrestling so he'll probably try to get your post deleted.

But seriously.

Wolf if you honestly believe you saw an UFO than who am I to argue what you saw.

If this causes you to start believing in aliens or confirms your beliefs than so be it. So be it. Who am I to argue?

however this just means I will start mocking you when I'm in the chatroom. and as you know I'm in there a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Aliens "are make-believe, just like Elves, Gremlins and Eskimos."

Well alien or not it was still a UFO as it was unidentified (by me), it was flying and it was an object.

Oh and there was not nearly enough reallys.

I really really really really really really really really really really hate wrestling

Just wanted to be clear on that.

Satellites and the ISS are easy to identify, simply because they don't stop. They're just small spots of white light (sometimes blinking) scooting in an arc in the night sky. I've also seen some weird stuff, but whether it's atmospheric disturbance, weather balloons, spy planes, or aliens is for the imagination. I do admit though, that it would be strange that aliens would even be fascinated with us, unless we're their version of "Keeping up with the Kardashians".
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Well, I don't know what it was but the other night I tried to take a picture of the full moon because it looked so cool. The picture came out with some kind of a "thing" near the moon. Might be something on my lens, might be a plane... might be something else. I really don't know, but it looks interesting.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Oh and there was not nearly enough reallys.

I really really really really really really really really really really hate wrestling

Just wanted to be clear on that.
    I guess someone did the People's Elbow on you, huh Wolfer?

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I guess someone did the People's Elbow on you, huh Wolfer?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/153...-s-elbow-o.gif
    Only if you smell what the All American is cookin'!

Typical. Chased away from my own thread.

Well if you lot will insist on talking about wrestling then I shall not be participating in this discussion any more.