Thread: Blu-Ray/DVD, Streaming, or Digital - Which One Do You Use/Purchase?

Blu-Ray/DVD, Streaming, or Digital - Which One Do You Use/Purchase?

It seems different people use/buy either Blu-Ray, DVD, Digital download, or Streaming, or a combination. Which do you use/purchase and why?

I'm wondering what people prefer and why.
    Last edited by RockinHard; September 28, 2014 at 11:45pm.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Bluray /dvd for me. Got to own the physical copy. Then i feel like i actually own it.

Heroic Warrior
    Bluray/DVD for me too. I am learning to prefer bluray, but either is fine.

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Bluray with a digital download. Then I just watch the digital download on one of my iDevices and just catalog the physical copy. I've recently gotten into the habit of picking up the 3D copies in the hope of having a 3D tv someday...

DVDs for me. I like to have it physically as well.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm still all about the DVD/Blu-Rays too. Sometimes I also do video-on-demand from my cable company but I prefer to have the physical copy and I do not have an ipod or ipad though the digital downloads are nice too.
    Last edited by Dave-Man; September 29, 2014 at 09:09am.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Depends on the movie. I like to buy digital copies over renting now as it tends to run the same price. I had to buy Frozen digitally as it was the only way to get it in 3D. Most my other 3D movies I buy on blu ray. Kid movies I tend to buy digital copies of with the exception of Disney because I can ger them for under $5 that way and not have to worry about the kids scratching or breaking them. For Disney I join the movie club when they send me a really good offer then quit. After you get they send better offers to get you back. Makes it cheaper in the end. And I rarely buy DVD anymore. The last one I got was 2 Broke Girls Season 2 for my wife and it wasn't available on Blu Ray.

I mostly do digital streaming. I don't have the space to store a bunch of movies on physical media, and even if I did, I usually don't watch movies more than once, so paying $20+ for a movie isn't worth it to me. The only ones I own are the ones I either found for cheap that I know I want to watch, or movies that I really love and I know I will want to watch again. I used to really love going to Blockbuster and browsing through the movies and renting something, but Blockbuster doesn't really exist around me any more, so we mostly do digital rentals through Vudu. Paying $4 to watch a movie ain't so bad.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I buy DVDs since I have a dvd home theater system. I've slowly been buying DVD/Blu-ray bundles for newer releases to prepare for when my theater system finally stops working and I upgrade to a blu-ray theater system. But I am not buying all my dvd movies in blu-ray format. I have way too many dvds to do that and I am perfectly happy with the sound and picture quality of dvds..
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Blu-Ray / DVD for me as I like to own a physical copy of my movies.

Of course if they have the Ultraviolet code I will redeem them
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Blu-ray/DVD. No streaming in my area unless you have satellite broadband (which is unreliable and rip-off priced).
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Physical copy and Digital downloads. I don't know, maybe because I have short attention span and just jump right back to it whenever I need it.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

DVDS(and VHS too I have a bunch of stuff that will never be on DVD)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!