Thread: Anyone else loving the Mezco 1:12 Collective?

Widget

Anyone else loving the Mezco 1:12 Collective?

Just put in the pre-order for Daredevil & Captain America. If anyone hasn't checked them out yet they're really something. Mezco-One12-Collective-Daredevil-007.jpgCaptain-America-One12-Collective-009.jpg

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    We have reviewed the Dark Knight returns and Spock. So want the two Captain America
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

I've got a standard Dredd and Batman figure, I've got Shazam on order and I'll be grabbing Space Ghost when he's available and possibly Frankenstein as I do like my Universal Monsters stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    Wanted these til i found out how much.

They look nice, but to me Marvel Select figures are just as nice and $30-40 cheaper (I think I'll stick with Marvel Select )

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    I love my Dark Knight Returns Batman, but I was disappointed with Dredd...

I am really looking forward to Captain America (I hope all of the major Avengers follow suit...) and Daredevil looks good, but I still don't like those shoulder pads.

Overall, I see really good things for this line of figures. If the fabric costumes can stand the test of time, it should be a hit with as many properties as Mezco has planned for it.
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Fwoosh posted some new pics of the Punisher One:12 figure!

This is a figure that I want!!!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

I like my DKR Batman but IMO the non costumed heads suffer from bad sculpts.

The Steve Rogers, Matt Murdock, and Punisher heads all look pretty bad. It might though just be the paint ops. The Punisher one looks good but paint looks rather amateurish. These prototypes should have perfect paint.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still not sure about this line-- I like Bats and Judge Dredd because the sculpts are influenced by the artists who drew the characters. Bats has a Frank Miller look and Dredd has a Brian Bolland look. I think it's the main thing (besides scale and price, of course) that really set the line apart from Hot Toys. But the new Marvel and DC figs all have this dead-eyed hyper-realistic look that doesn't appeal to me. Flash straight up looks goofy-- not because it's a bad sculpt, but because he looks like your boring middle aged neighbor. Punisher looks cool I guess, but it doesn't particularly look like any version of the character I remember-- maybe the Steve Dillon version, but not really.

I was super excited about Captain Marvel until I saw a close up of his face-- I'm still hoping they do an exclusive version with the C.C. Beck squinty or polka dot eyes the character had for the first 40+ years of his existence. This is a character whose primary villain is a worm-- he should look a little cartoony.

The cloth is impressive and well done, but not something I ever particularly wanted at the scale (save for Batman's cape, which is awesome). It does hinder articulation, though, which is the same problem most Hot Toys have. At some point you may as well have a statue...

I also don't get why we're getting updated costumes for Marvel characters, but classics costumes for DC. We're already getting updated Marvel characters through Hot Toys movie releases. I think this is another way they could have distinguished the line from Hot Toys-- give us high-end versions of the characters in their classics costumes.

I'll pick up the Mutant Leader, Space Ghost, and Frankenstein-- but that's it for now.

This big guy is looking good! I really hope that they continue with all of the Universal Monster characters!

Yeah, I'll definitely be picking up Frankenstein's Monster!! Here's hoping that a Count Dracula and Imhotep are next!

Mezco interview episode is now up. This includes three major license reveals which I am sure is gonna make lot of folks happy. And yes we do talk some MOTU.

If you guys are happy, please share, like and rate The Hottoycast on whatever platform you listen on.

Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Mezco interview episode is now up. This includes three major license reveals which I am sure is gonna make lot of folks happy. And yes we do talk some MOTU.

If you guys are happy, please share, like and rate The Hottoycast on whatever platform you listen on.

http://www.eamonart.com/Forum%20Imag...Mezco-logo.jpg
    Link please? I'd love to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Goon#658 View Post
    Link please? I'd love to listen.
    It's available on all good podcast platforms like iTunes, Stitcher, Podbay, Podbean and even on YouTube.
    Please just search for The Hottoycast and note the spelling.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com