Thread: Inhumans TV Show (ABC Fall 2017)

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar

Inhumans TV Show (ABC Fall 2017)

This looks interesting....

https://news.marvel.com/tv/54407/mar...imax-abc-2017/

Inhumans.jpg

Finally! The royal family....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    This looks interesting....

https://news.marvel.com/tv/54407/mar...imax-abc-2017/

Inhumans.jpg

Finally! The royal family....
    I have to admit...I got super excited when I was clicking your thread title. But it was because I read "Inhumanoids" instead of Inhumans

But I'll still enjoy this show as well

So I guess there really was an upset over the Inhumans and how they would be used in the MCU vs TV. I just assumed the movie was only pushed back, but obviously it's more than that. I can't tell if this IMAX premiere is part of the glass wall between the MCU and it's TV titles breaking or not, but I hope so at least as far as continuity and crossovers go.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I hope its more interesting than the comics have been.

I love the Inhumans, I hate all their current comics...

I read that the show will not be connected to the Agents of SHIELD series, even though that has been setting up the Inhumans for the past few seasons. Marvel TV that isn't on Netflix is kind of a mess...

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I hope its more interesting than the comics have been.

I love the Inhumans, I hate all their current comics...
    Let's hope they start from the beginning of the Inhumans not the crap they have out now..

Heroic Warrior
    Stupid inhumans....

Honestly, I've never liked that group... and the constant push on them has only made me like them less. I wish they had stuck with the movie... just so there wouldn't be seasons of this stuff.

Oh well... If they are going with the inhumans... I hope they are going with the royal family. On that note, they spent so long aping that story with season 2 of AoS, I don't know HOW they will do the Royal Family or a Year One concept that doesn't feel like a rehash.

I don't know... somehow they will tie it all together. I have no doubt about that. Marvel has built it's brand on everything being connected, Disney and ABC are already established the TV/Movie connection, they aren't going to expound on season 2 of SHIELD and have it be it's own thing... that doesn't make sense. Inhumans need all the help they can get if they are going to be mainstream...

Black Bolt and the Royal Family Confirmed For Inhumans TV Show

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/11/...umans-tv-show/

Marvel's The Inhumans Called A Quadruple Win, Won't Replace Feature Film

http://comicbook.com/2016/11/21/marv...place-feature/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So...we are going to have a Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal, Triton, Gorgon and Lockjaw that will never be brought up in the movies? No Iron Man going to the Blue Area of the Moon? No Black Panther running around in Atilian?

Will this be self-contained, like SHIELD? Just references to Marvel movies and characters, but never interaction?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So...we are going to have a Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal, Triton, Gorgon and Lockjaw that will never be brought up in the movies? No Iron Man going to the Blue Area of the Moon? No Black Panther running around in Atilian?

Will this be self-contained, like SHIELD? Just references to Marvel movies and characters, but never interaction?
    I don't think it says that at all. It sounds more like the story of the classic Inhumans to bring them into the cinematic canon. I'd imagine a lot of it will take place before the events creating so many Inhumans on Earth.

I don't think it says that at all. It sounds more like the story of the classic Inhumans to bring them into the cinematic canon. I'd imagine a lot of it will take place before the events creating so many Inhumans on Earth.
    What you said and why are so many people ******* on the Inhumans?? Do they not know who they are (or care) or maybe Marvel can't do mutants because they are at Fox...Oh that's right....they can't do X-Men...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yes, that's my speculation based on watching SHIELD. Things don't seem to matter much in the swing of things.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

What you said and why are so many people ******* on the Inhumans?? Do they not know who they are (or care) or maybe Marvel can't do mutants because they are at Fox...Oh that's right....they can't do X-Men...
    Most fans of the movies have no idea who the Inhumans are - or only know them through SHIELD.

So to be fair, they haven't really been presented as much, so its understandable why a lot of people aren't excited. Yet.

άber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    So I guess there really was an upset over the Inhumans and how they would be used in the MCU vs TV. I just assumed the movie was only pushed back, but obviously it's more than that. I can't tell if this IMAX premiere is part of the glass wall between the MCU and it's TV titles breaking or not, but I hope so at least as far as continuity and crossovers go.
    Indeed, ABC and Marvel appear to be splitting the difference: removing the film from the Marvel Cinematic Universe schedule, and producing an eight episode miniseries to debut in IMAX theaters.

Like Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I suspect events and characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe may affect or crossover to The Inhumans, but not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianCBaer View Post
    I read that the show will not be connected to the Agents of SHIELD series, even though that has been setting up the Inhumans for the past few seasons. Marvel TV that isn't on Netflix is kind of a mess...
    Like Marvel's Agent Carter, The Inhumans will likely take place before Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but will be in the same continuity.

I think the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Colson, Fitz-Simmons, and May) managing human and technological threats, and the Secret Warriors (Gutierrez, Johnson, and Rodriguez) managing alien and Inhuman threats, would go a long way to improving AoS. Currently, it is all over the place.

Most fans of the movies have no idea who the Inhumans are - or only know them through SHIELD.

So to be fair, they haven't really been presented as much, so its understandable why a lot of people aren't excited. Yet.
    True but I know Marvel would do the Inhumans at some point but because they can't do the X-Men people are *****ing...If they read the books Daisy is (was) a mutant in the books not an inhuman...so this is their versions of "mutants" not a problem I'd say bring them on...
    Last edited by Megalodon; November 22, 2016 at 05:14pm.

True but I know Marvel would do the Inhumans at some point but because they can't do the X-Men people are *****ing...If they read the books Daisy is (was) a mutant in the books not an inhuman...so this is their versions of "mutants" not a problem I'd say bring them on...
    They've been saying publicly for years that Inhumans were replacing Mutants in the movies/TV due to rights issues.

The books just don't matter. The movies are made for non-comic readers first.

They've been saying publicly for years that Inhumans were replacing Mutants in the movies/TV due to rights issues.

The books just don't matter. The movies are made for non-comic readers first.
    But funny thing is people are getting ****** without even knowing the reason why???

There are things that I don't follow closely like some people do but if something isn't right I usually look it up before I start crying foul....

But funny thing is people are getting ****** without even knowing the reason why???

There are things that I don't follow closely like some people do but if something isn't right I usually look it up before I start crying foul....
    Its not going to happen.

Non-comic readers aren't going to do research on the source material. And honestly, they shouldn't be expected to. Its a totally different universe with different rules and a different history. You're just going to drive yourself nuts expecting any more from viewers. You could always do what I do, just watch and enjoy the movies and don't read the comments at the end of news stories.

Its Marvel's film divisions job to give the audience everything they need, and its totally fair for the audience to judge them on what they've shown.

Its a great bonus if the movies/shows bring in new readers, but those people are going to be the exception, not the norm.

True but going back to things that the studio puts in the make the fans say yea I get it and some people get all bent... Oh well