Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last concert you attended?

Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar

What was the last concert you attended?

Adam and I got to see Bryan Adams and Foreigner in concert over the weekend. They were AWESOME!! Especially BA!! He even pulled an audience member up on stage to sing a song with him. It was hilarious. I really hope I get to see him live again someday. Once just wasn't enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    Adam and I got to see Bryan Adams and Foreigner in concert over the weekend. They were AWESOME!! Especially BA!! He even pulled an audience member up on stage to sing a song with him. It was hilarious. I really hope I get to see him live again someday. Once just wasn't enough!
    Saw Elton John in March and Bruce Hornsby in April.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Most likely Metro Station a few months back for me... or Angels and Airwaves. I can't remember which was last.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Bon Jovi a couple years ago.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Bang your head!!!
    I saw Jack Johnson last month.
    It was pretty awesome, outdoor concert...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

I got to see Hall and Oates playing a tiny, tiny, sold-out show at the Troubadour in LA two months ago, and it was one of the greatest nights of my life.
    Last edited by Flor2099; July 23, 2008 at 11:59am.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Saw The Kooks recently. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I got to see Hall and Oates playing a tiny, tiny, sold-out show at the Troubadour in LA a two months ago, and it was one of the greatest nights of my life.
    I saw Hall and Oates at a July 4th concert one year. I've loved them since the 80s and I had a blast, even though it was raining a little!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I saw Hall and Oates at a July 4th concert one year. I've loved them since the 80s and I had a blast, even though it was raining a little!
    The show I went to was $200 a ticket, but I couldn't resist, since the venue holds less than 500 people. It was a tiny, intimate show with two huge stars, and they made it worth every penny.

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    The last one I went to was all the way back in the fall of '07. I saw Within Temptation in September when they played at the Recher Theater in Towson, MD.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Toby Mac on the Portable Sounds Tour last October.
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com

Last two:

Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Both Worlds at the Target Center in MN - Oct 07
    Garth Brooks Kansas City (1 of his 9 sold out shows) - Nov 07

and in 2 1/2 weeks I will see Vanessa Hudgens (front row) in Des Moines
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    I got to see Hall and Oates playing a tiny, tiny, sold-out show at the Troubadour in LA two months ago, and it was one of the greatest nights of my life.
    Sweet!! I've always wanted to go to one of those small concerts with a big star - but I guess they don't do them around here.

The show I went to was $200 a ticket, but I couldn't resist, since the venue holds less than 500 people. It was a tiny, intimate show with two huge stars, and they made it worth every penny.
    There were $250 tickets available for the BA concert where you got to sit in the first two rows and personally meet BA before the concert - very tempting, but we're trying to save our money right now. Maybe the next time he comes our way we'll splurge

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    The last one I went to was all the way back in the fall of '07. I saw Within Temptation in September when they played at the Recher Theater in Towson, MD.
    Ooooo nice! Were they good live?

All around awesome guy sirdanimal's Avatar
    The Reverend Horton Heat with Hank 3.
    "You're killing me, Smalls!"
    "I'm on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen!"

lol I'm not much of a concert person. Only been to two in my life. The Beach Boys and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle thing when they were doing that Pizza Hut promotion.

Hatebreed & Type O Negative

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    Ooooo nice! Were they good live?
    They're AWESOME live! That was actually my second time seeing them... I had also seen them in May, when they were touring with Lacuna Coil, In This Moment, and Stolen Babies!

Sharon den Adel has the voice of a siren, and she's a real sweetheart when you meet her before or after the show!
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Black Eyed Peas, opened by Swollen Members and Rhianna a couple years ago.

Rascal Flatts and the one before that Alison Krauss and Union Station.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Insane Clown Posse.

That changes the tone of the thread.

I went with my wife to see Pearl Jam in Columbia, SC a month or so ago. Not bad. I'm not really a huge Pearl Jam fan. I dig Evenflow, but the rest is a little eh. I was more on the Nirvana and Alice in Chains end of the grunge scene.

Anyway, this was a short tour and apperantly, according to my wife (who vehemently claims to not be a geek or nerd ) this show was one of the best on the entire tour. Seems alot of jealous fans were upset that this small, SC concert had the best songs and arrangment, they band got WAY into it, etc, instead of a huge one on the tour like Bonaroo or MSG. She spent every night of the tour on a PJ forum, checking out what the band was playing in other cities so she could compare how good that show was compared to ours.

I might go to see Iced Earth in September, but Chelsey's not into power metal, so I dont' really want to go, dragging her to something she won't enjoy. At least I'm down with PJ. She hates Iced Earth.

I'm actually not a concert person at all. I hate crowds. I've only been to 3 others in my life. Two were Weird Al's (Running with Scissors and Poodle Hat) and the first I ever went to when I was in my early 20s was Kansas/Yes. Kansas ROCKED!
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Apokoliptian Ravager Mr. Roboto's Avatar
    The last concert I saw was KISS during their 2004 Rock the Nation tour. This was an enormous improvement because KISS was playing stuff from the 80s and 90s. Paul Stanley said that they'd become slaves to their 70s stuff. I don't hold KISS's 70s stuff as sacred. If the departures of Peter Criss and Ace Frehley meant more songs that I liked, I was all for it. Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer are great performers. They closed the show with images of all these rock icons(Elvis, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, their late drummer, Eric Carr).

On 8/2, Def Leppard is performing in my neck of the woods and Joan Jett's opening for them. I couldn't care less about DL, it's Joan Jett I want to see! Tickets were $65 up front, plus fees had me shelling out $80. The good news is: I got a 4th row seat.

I discovered Joan Jett about 15 years ago. I loved her Pure & Simple album. She was going to perform at a club for this tour, but the club closed down! A few years later, she was performing at some little function, but I got the notice too late to schedule an off day. Thankfully, everything went well and I'll be heading to see Joan on 8/2.
    "Once a symbol of terror, I will make this a symbol of honor."

The last two concerts I saw were Beth Orton (at the El Rey theatre) and Feist (at the Hollywood Bowl).
    go go dissertation!

Like 5 years ago, I went with my now ex-wife to see James Taylor.

Waitaminute - Totally forgot I went and saw The Police last summer!!!!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Lucky! I really want to see them and Nightwish in concert.

The last concert I attended was in 2004. I saw Alanis Morissette on her 'So-Called Chaos' tour. It was a good show. I'm hoping she'll come back to Atlanta sometime soon now that she has a new album out.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements."

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be."

~Peter Gibbons, Office Space

"How 'bout you not judge? How 'bout you just love?"

~Me