Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last concert you attended?

Just saw Anberlin, Crash Kings, and Civil Twilight this past Sunday. Saw the Gin Blossoms about a month ago and Weird Al in August.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

The last concert we were supposed to attend (Christina's) got canceled (well the whole tour did), so I just got the unused tickets. heh

I guess she's planning for 2011 though.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Geez, it's been a few years, but the wife and I saw Carrie Underwood during her first big tour, 'course that was before we had our beautiful little dude. There've been some great shows in Reno lately, but we just can't tear ourselves away from our Son long enough to even go see a movie! Lol, is that bad or what?

Before that, I saw a great show with Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, and Rascal Flatts at a Walmart shareholders meeting back when I still worked there. It woulda been a whole lot better if I wasn't so hung over from the night before, oops!

And before that (before I was married, when I was just a 'wild and crazy guy'), one of the best shows I've ever been to was at the Great Western Forum in L.A. for the Beastie Boys, and also a HUGE show in Bakersfield with Korn, Godsmack, and a few others.

Ah... good times.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Obviously, the last concert I attended was:

Sept. 22nd in Chicago; Aerosmith with Buckcherry opening!!!

My 17th Aerosmith show... and my god, I swear it was the best show I've EVER seen them do!!

Steven Tyler sounded better than I've ever heard him. That voice could crumble mountains! And I was a little afraid of how the show would be, with all the resent media fire about the band not getting along, and Joe Perry running to the press to air out the dirty laundry... but I will tell you as an honest man, NONE of that was present on stage. They were so into each other it was beautiful. Either all the crap in the press is false, or these 5 guys deserve Oscars. lol They were amazing!! Like I said, I've seen them 17times since May 1st of 1999... and they've never kicked my ass so hard, or amazed me like that last show. Truelly magical!!

And Buckcherry were just too awesome as well!! Hell of a band they are!!

But here's a clip from Youtube. It's the 1st 15 min. of the show... amazing! And the second song, Train Kept a Rollin is a monster!! Check out the end of the song... Steven Tyler is too f ing cool!
    Last edited by JonnyTyler; October 15, 2010 at 01:32am.
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Iron Maiden in the summer they were awesome! and Restless Heart at country dance bar they were pretty good
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

The last concert I went to was several years ago and it was Weird Al Yankovic.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

It was over a year ago and it was the greatest band that has ever come out of New Zealand......Crowded House.

Valient Thorr at the Moose.

I like underground, small venue shows. Of course, pretty much all of the music I like is of that realm. I won't see big bands play giant arenas. I hate that crap.

Some interesting tastes in music here ... ...

I caught the Scissor Sisters last month.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Heroic Warrior
    I saw the Smashing Pumpkins last month in Seattle. I was right up against the gate on the floor about 10 feet in front of Billy Corgan! My only complaint was that they played too many hits. I would have loved to hear some more album tracks and obscure songs, but I can't complain as it was a great show from my second favorite band of all time!

The Halloween Hootenanny Tour: Featuring the Gruesome Twosome

October 16th, 2010 at DCU Center in Worcester, MA.

The Murderdolls were the opening act, but I got there late and missed them.

Anyway, next was Alice Cooper and as expected he and his band mates put on an amazing show.

Next up, was the one and only Rob Zombie!!

What a great performance they had. For the last 4 or 5 years, Rob Zombie hasn't had his full stage show. Instead he had been playing "t-shirt and jeans" shows, as he likes to call them. Anyway, starting with The Mayhem Festival this last summer, he finally broke out his bag of tricks once more, huge monsters and killer robots included!! The set he played at this show was almost identical to his performance at the Mayhem Festival, but he added a little Halloween flare to it. They did a quick instrumental performance of The Munsters theme song and when the show was over, the band came out and threw out Halloween candy to all of us in the pit. As cheesy as it sounds, it was pretty awesome to get Halloween candy from Rob Zombie!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    I saw Yusuf Islam (aka Cat Stevens) at the Royal Albert Hall in London, December 2009... I am such a big fan of his... teary eyed throughout I have to admit... I was seated on ground level 10 rows away from the stage... awesome, unforgettable night ... I didn't record these videos by the way but good enough quality to share with y'all:

... and of course a more memorable hit of his:

"Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    The last Concert I saw was Toni Childs, right here in outback Australia a few months ago, she was awesome!

'UNION' is still one of my all time favorite albums!

Before that it was late 2007, I saw Kylie Minogues 'Homecoming' tour! it was amazing!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; October 18, 2010 at 06:35am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Grinderman at Nottingham Rock City and it was truly amazing!
    Though the venue was way over capacity and you could hardly move at all.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Black Label Society in Lewiston. Clutch, Children of Bodom, and 2Cents opened for them. Excellent show! 5th time seeing BLS!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

The Abominable Dr. Phibes Vincent Price's Avatar
    Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax on 9/30 in Knoxville, TN.

Though we only caught the last 2 songs of Anthrax.
    Old people used to annoy me at weddings by pinching my cheeks &
    saying that you are the next.
    They stopped doing that when I started doing the same to them at funerals.

Master of New Adventures!
    Funny you should ask. Exactly twenty-one years ago yesterday I saw Guns N' Roses and The Rolling Stones together at the L.A. Coliseum. It was hyped as the changing of the guard -- the new taking over from the old. I had fifth row center seats. Guns N' Roses came out and rocked. It was electrifying --had everyone going nuts. Then, after they were finished, the Stones came on stage, played (reeeeeeeeal slow) the first eight bars of Satisfaction and it was all over right then and there -- everyone was like "Who's Guns N' Roses?" I mean the place had completely forgotten about the 'opening act'. Changing of the guard, indeed.

Amazing night. In fact, it was so amazing that I decided I'd never see another concert again. After all, it simply wasn't going to get better than that.

True story.

Stone Temple Pilots @ Jones Beach Nokia Theatre in New York. Surprisingly, Scott Weiland was sober!!!

I'm going to see Muse this weekend in Jersey.
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Chronically Groovy Mighty Puundragon's Avatar
    We have two kids now so it is a lot harder. I guess technically we saw Gordon from Sesame Street perform at a PBS even this summer. The last actual concert we went to was John Mellencamp, Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson on July 4th, 2009. Great show, John and Bob rocked out but Willie sort of slowed it down as the closer. It was the 4th time I have seen Willie and the only time I was a bit disappointed.

I wish I could go off to Vegas for this.

I just got back from Roger Waters performing The Wall live and it was by far the best arena-sized show I've ever seen.

My wife and I just saw Gorillaz in concert last night. It was a great show, N.E.R.D. opened up for them, they were really good too. Here's a pic.

Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I just got back from Roger Waters performing The Wall live and it was by far the best arena-sized show I've ever seen.
    Nice! I saw the concet he did at Xcel back in '07.

Last one I went to, I snuck into a Phil Vassar show he was doing outside of a school. My friend and I were hearing music outside after dinner so we walked across the steet to find a small concert going on. Lots of police, but no one at at gates asking for our $50 ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Cancer Bats last night, amazing!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I got VIP passes to meet and greet The Birthday Massacre on the 13th Saw them once back in 2006.