Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What was the last concert you attended?

Master of New Adventures!
    I have to say I feel really disconnected. Of course I'm decades older than most everyone on the board, so it makes sense the names of many of these groups don't even ring a bell for me. Wouldn't I look silly or, at the least, out-of-place going to one the concerts put on by some of the groups mentioned here?

But I've got a question I'd like to ask of the younger board members here. When I was young -- eons ago -- we had music we loved, too. Groups like the Beatles, The Rolling Stones (who are still rolling around), The Four Tops, The Doors, The Temptations, The Mamas and the Papas and single artists Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Smokey Robinson and Chuck Berry had a huge direct and almost daily impact on my generation. But it seems to me the number of really top performers were much more limited in those days -- i.e. much fewer of them; you could name only maybe a dozen or so really major performers, groups or single singers.

Now I read this thread with people raving over soooooooo many groups and singers, and it appears most here know who all of them are. Do you feel there are many more performers nowadays than in decades past and, if so, why do you think that's so -- because of so many different genres of music or for some other reason? Also, if you feel there are many more groups today than in times past, do you think that makes it more difficult to build a large following?

Well, I went to see Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper on Thursday night in New Hampshire.

However, I got stuck in Boston traffic longer than expected and got to the show just in time to hear Manson perform his final song which was "The Beautiful People". I haven't missed a Manson show in the New England area since 1998, so I was pretty ****** that I missed practically his whole set. Alice Cooper rocked as usual and had a great set, so the night wasn't totally wasted. Cooper's final song was "Eighteen" and Manson came out and sang it with him, and Twiggy also played guitar. It was also Twiggy's birthday, so I'm glad I got to see him perform at least somewhat on his birthday.

So, what does a crazy Manson fan do when he misses the performance? He buys tickets for the next tour date in Connecticut the next day!!

Left for the show extra early and got there in time to see the opening band called Picture Me Broken who I had never heard of, but were pretty cool. Next, Marilyn Manson took the stage and annihilated the crowd. He opened with "Angel with the Scabbed Wings" which he hasn't played live in quite a few years!! He also came out on stilts, which he hasn't done in quite a while, during "Sweet Dreams". Manson finished his amazing set with "Antichrist Superstar" and "The Beautiful People". Then it was time to see Alice Cooper's great set again!!

It was a hectic two days, but so worth it!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Well, I went to see Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper on Thursday night in New Hampshire.

However, I got stuck in Boston traffic longer than expected and got to the show just in time to hear Manson perform his final song which was "The Beautiful People". I haven't missed a Manson show in the New England area since 1998, so I was pretty ****** that I missed practically his whole set. Alice Cooper rocked as usual and had a great set, so the night wasn't totally wasted. Cooper's final song was "Eighteen" and Manson came out and sang it with him, and Twiggy also played guitar. It was also Twiggy's birthday, so I'm glad I got to see him perform at least somewhat on his birthday.

So, what does a crazy Manson fan do when he misses the performance? He buys tickets for the next tour date in Connecticut the next day!!

Left for the show extra early and got there in time to see the opening band called Picture Me Broken who I had never heard of, but were pretty cool. Next, Marilyn Manson took the stage and annihilated the crowd. He opened with "Angel with the Scabbed Wings" which he hasn't played live in quite a few years!! He also came out on stilts, which he hasn't done in quite a while, during "Sweet Dreams". Manson finished his amazing set with "Antichrist Superstar" and "The Beautiful People". Then it was time to see Alice Cooper's great set again!!

It was a hectic two days, but so worth it!!
    That was a hell of a show. I saw it last week. I wouldn't survive 2 days of that in a row. Well, I would but the recovery day afterwards would be rough.

That opening "Picture Me Broken" band only played one and a half songs for the show I went too. They blew out the speakers instantly then when they finally got fixed they did a song and got the hook.

I loved seeing Marilyn Manson again. I'll go every time he comes around. It was a fun time. I got pretty close to the stage and was deaf for a day or so afterwards. Alice Cooper was absolutely amazing too.

I really loved the intros for both of them. They both came out hard...

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Well the next concert Iam going to is P!nk in Melbourne with my sister.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Just The Transplants and Rancid. Sick show
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Went to The Unity Tour 2013 last night in Mansfield, MA.

First up was G. Love & Special Sauce, then Cypress Hill and finally 311.

Great sets by all, and for some reason, I was stuck in a "cloud" the whole show!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    This 11pc band was at a small Cincy bar recently. AMAZE-OR!

Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Brad Paisley's "Beat the Summer" Tour, with Lee Brice and Chris Young.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Went to Mayhem Festival 2013 last night in Mansfield, MA.

Bands I saw in order:

Butcher Babies
    Motionless in White
    Job For A Cowboy
    Emmure
    Machine Head
    Children of Bodom

Amon Amarth
    Mastodon
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Rob Zombie

I mainly went to see Mastodon and Rob Zombie, as well as Amon Amarth and Machine Head to a lesser extent. As usual Rob Zombie busted out his full stage show and had an amazing set. John 5 and Piggy D. came out wearing some awesome new costumes that were new for this tour!!

--Update--
    I went to see KoRn on Saturday night in Worcester, MA. 9/28/13

It was their first full tour since Head rejoined the band and it was so great to see his return. I ended up getting guitar picks from Head and Munky to add to my pick collection!!

Asking Alexandria and Head's other band Love and Death were the opening acts. Love and Death sounded good live, but I had to suffer through Asking Alexandria's set as they really aren't my style. Amazing show otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Went to see Dope and Mushroomhead on Sunday. 9/29/13

The opening acts I got there early enough to catch were Leaving Eden, One-Eyed Doll and Soil.

Dope hadn't played a show in the area since 2009, so it was great seeing them again. Mushroomhead was amazing as always.

I had never heard of One-Eyed Doll, but they had a great performance. The female vocalist/guitarist was awesome and is a rockstar to the fullest.

Come on guys, don't let me fill this thread up by myself!!
    Last edited by dedset13; October 3, 2013 at 03:45am.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I've only been to two concerts in my entire life. The first was System of a Down doing a one-off show in Auckland (seeing as Serj lives there when he's not working elsewhere). That was in February 2012, opened by The Dillinger Escape Plan. Dillinger didn't go over so well with most of the crowd and even got a few boos thrown at them, which sucked. I was pretty stoked to see them play. Guess they didn't really mesh with the SOAD fans that well...

Anyway, it was the height of Summer here and the gig was in a netball stadium. Tell you what, the A/C didn't half cut it. Actually I'm not even sure it was on, because it got HOT in there. Seriously. By the end of the show, everyone's band shirts were soaked and clinging to us with sweat and the walls were dripping with condensation. It was pretty disgusting, but I enjoyed every minute of the actual show. They played an amazing set that went on for like, two hours, maybe two hours and thirty with basically the best songs from every album. Awesome, awesome experience.

-----

The last show I went to was Fear Factory in Auckland in September of last year, opened by two local bands, 8 Foot Sativa and I forget the other one. It was at a more intimate venue, a club that does metal gigs quite often. There were probably only about 200 people in there, if that. It was part of their first tour since Dino Cazares rejoined the band after Raymond Herrera and Christian Olde Wolbers left. I'm pretty short, so I was standing up near the bar and had a clear view over everyone's heads to the stage, which was awesome. Plus I could turn around and get a drink whenever I felt like it. :P Their set was pretty much a "Best Of" with some emphasis on their most recent album, The Industrialist.

At one point during the show, a metal and wood banister fell from the second floor balcony to stage right, probably because a few folks were headbanging at just the right frequency for carnage. I'm sure it fell on some of the people that were underneath in the mosh pit, but the band kept right on playing with Dino saying, "Now that's what I call Metal!"

Good memories! ^-^
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Heroic Warrior
    i think my last was 2 aug ago, it was some rock star drink show. i just went to see joey belladonna and anthrax.. saw slayer too, it was actually great to see gary holt kill the axe.. this year i was supposed to go see exodus but didnt, would like to see over kill and testament, but dont think that is happening..

The Killers in Milwaukee a couple years ago. Good show. It's been far too long since I went to a concert though.
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

La Roux in NYC...they are a great 80's style band!

Skunk Anansie in Wolverhampton. Great gig from start to finish.

Last week saw Trivium, DevilDriver and After the Burial @ the Best Buy Theater! WHOAH!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

The last concert I went to was Iron Maiden back in August of 2012. It was my second time seeing them and they were absolutely awesome. It was so loud that my hearing was a bit jacked up for a couple of hours after the concert was over.

Went to see Rob Zombie last night at Lupo's in RI.

Zombie's stage show wasn't as extensive as his last couple of tours but it was still an amazing show!!

Seeing John 5 perform, as always was the highlight of the show for me.

Went to see The Afghan Whigs in Manchester on Thurs night, AMAZING gig, totally blew me away!

I also went to see Nick Oliveri, solo acoustic, in Nottingham last month. A good, but short gig to very small crowd. He said he played through his set list too quick so asked for requests. I shouted out "Love Has Passed Me By" and he played it He finished by getting some members of the crowd on stage to help him sing "Feel Good Hit of the Summer".
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I've purchased tickets for Queen and Adam Lambert in late August.

Adam Lambert has a good voice but you can't compare it to the legend of Freddie Mercury.

Heroic Warrior
    I work traffic control for Hershey part-time here's the last 2 I heard while working.
    Bruno Marz
    FallOut Boy and Paramore.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

I think those that you mention have become the 'mainstays' but don't forget that other groups were quite large in popularity at the time, The Byrds, Dave Clark Five, Herman's Hermits [who sold more records in the 60s than the Stones].

Its not that there are more 'superstars' today [I even cringe to write that] but its because the media is so prevalent and everywhere you turn there's a new band/singer out there. There truly is something out there for everyone now and so much of it.

I'm 32 and probably in the minority with you, Im a 60s rock cd collector and love the 50s and 80s as well, I skip the sleazy 70s for the most part.

BTW the last show I saw was Depeche Mode, August 2013, I need to see a show badly!! its been too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I have to say I feel really disconnected. Of course I'm decades older than most everyone on the board, so it makes sense the names of many of these groups don't even ring a bell for me. Wouldn't I look silly or, at the least, out-of-place going to one the concerts put on by some of the groups mentioned here?

But I've got a question I'd like to ask of the younger board members here. When I was young -- eons ago -- we had music we loved, too. Groups like the Beatles, The Rolling Stones (who are still rolling around), The Four Tops, The Doors, The Temptations, The Mamas and the Papas and single artists Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Smokey Robinson and Chuck Berry had a huge direct and almost daily impact on my generation. But it seems to me the number of really top performers were much more limited in those days -- i.e. much fewer of them; you could name only maybe a dozen or so really major performers, groups or single singers.

Now I read this thread with people raving over soooooooo many groups and singers, and it appears most here know who all of them are. Do you feel there are many more performers nowadays than in decades past and, if so, why do you think that's so -- because of so many different genres of music or for some other reason? Also, if you feel there are many more groups today than in times past, do you think that makes it more difficult to build a large following?
    Last edited by Spikor1982; July 22, 2014 at 05:12pm.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

[QUOTE=13977;3482561]Went to see The Afghan Whigs in Manchester on Thurs night, AMAZING gig, totally blew me away!

QUOTE]

This post made me extremely jealous.

I saw Haim in April. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
    I've purchased tickets for Queen and Adam Lambert in late August.

Adam Lambert has a good voice but you can't compare it to the legend of Freddie Mercury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8L3TCXsyX4
    I went to the Chicago show, and I can tell you, it was amazing. I don't think North America had any idea what to expect, otherwise the tour would be bigger. It's a shame there aren't more dates, because everyone needs to see this show.

Where will they be at in late August?

Went to see Fu Manchu at The corporation in Sheffield on Thurs. Amazing gig, really enjoyed it. I've got tickets for quite a few concerts coming up so it got me looking forward to them even more
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Old school kings of hip hop tour