Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What was the last concert you attended?

Heroic Warrior
    social distortion

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Nov. 23rd, in Denver, at the Paramount Theater, I had the pleasure of seeing Alice Cooper for the 5th time!!! And dear god, it was mind blowingly amazing!!! Alice has lost NOTHING performance wise!!! His voice has never sounded better, I've never seen him so active on stage! He was perfect!! The show was great, the set list was great!! After 5 shows, I'm STILL seeing songs I haven't seen live before, ever! And that's cool to me. Alice is a master!! If you haven't seen Alice Cooper live, you are SO missing out!! I strongly suggest you go seek him out. It will change you. I promise!!

And if I'm not mistaken.... I'm pretty sure I saw our very own Dorrman there... Can you confirm, sir?

Here's a video of the opening... So Amazing!!!!

And my personal favorite part of the show... Alice can STILL break out of a straight-jacket at 64 years old... How awesome is that?!?!
    Last edited by JonnyTyler; November 30, 2012 at 03:02am.
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Jonny, you saw the 'Raise the Dead' tour? I saw him on Oct 19th in Verona, NY for the first show, and then he was off to England. I didn't realize he was going to be back in the US so soon LOL. Took about a two hundred pics and posted them on Facebook LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Yeah, it was the Raise The Dead Tour. I just saw him back in July in Peoria with my brother, and he was still doing the No More Mr. Nice Guy show. I hadn't even heard he changed the show... I was surprised he had didn't promote it more as the new show... and it was actually a better show all the way around. And the whole theme of Raise The Dead was after Alice kills himself with the Frankenstein machine, he gets to join and pay tribute to The Hollywood Vampires, his favorite dead musicians. So he preformed 1 song from each of them. For Jim Morrison, he did Break on Through, John Lennon - Revolution (arguably better than the original.... just sayin...) Jimi Hendricks - Foxy Lady, and for Keith Moon it was My Generation. Then his own contribution, was I'm Eighteen.... one of the best live versions of that song I've ever seen!!! Such a Mind Blowing show!!!!
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Urbanscapes festival, With three biggest headlines in Malaysia. Sheila Majid, White Shoes and The Couples Company, and Sigur Ros.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stormtripper View Post
    social distortion
    I saw them on Nov13th Birthday show in my hometown, first time seeing SD they were great.

Widget
    The last concert(s) I attended was Metallica on The Full Arsenal tour in Vancouver, BC on August 24, 25 and 27.

Went to see Black Light Burns at the Corperation in Sheffield last night and really enjoyed it despite it being a short gig with them only playing a little over an hour. But as soon as they finished Wes jumped over the barrier to meet the fans (there was less then 100 people there) which was cool of him.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Muse in San Diego, last Monday.

I got to see PRINCE at a tiny club with < 300 people last Friday!

- - - Updated - - -

I got to see PRINCE at a tiny club with < 300 people last Friday!

I went to see Marilyn Manson in Boston on Saturday night.

Great show as usual, even though it was just about the same set he played on The Twins of Evil tour that I saw in New Hampshire about 2 months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Went to see Black Light Burns at the Corperation in Sheffield last night and really enjoyed it despite it being a short gig with them only playing a little over an hour. But as soon as they finished Wes jumped over the barrier to meet the fans (there was less then 100 people there) which was cool of him.
    Awesome, I haven't seen them live since their first official tour. He and the band did the same thing when I saw them by leaving the stage by going out into the crowd.
    Did you happen to notice if Wes was selling any of his artwork at the show? He's been known to sell one-of-a-kind pieces at his shows.

That's pretty cool that it was a small show with less than 100 people! When I saw them, they were opening for Sevendust so it was a packed house. However, I went to the one and only tour that Bigdumbface had and there was literally less than 30 people at the club they played at. It was an amazing show!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Did you happen to notice if Wes was selling any of his artwork at the show? He's been known to sell one-of-a-kind pieces at his shows.
    I didn't notice any at the merch stand mate.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

O.A.R. last summer.

Went and saw Tenacious D at Lupo's in Providence, RI on Sunday night.

Old school acoustic tour!! It was a great show!!

The last few times I've seen them, it was with a full band and stage show. This time it was just The D in all their acoustic glory!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Well coming up for me in April, I will be seeing (and hopefully meeting) Lacuna Coil, Sevendust and Coal Chamber!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Kiss and Ted Nugent on the Kiss Farewell tour in Hershey PA July 2000, Both bands were great.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Well coming up for me in April, I will be seeing (and hopefully meeting) Lacuna Coil, Sevendust and Coal Chamber!!!
    Awesome!! I'll be going to that show in April as well!!

I've been waiting for Coal Chamber to get back together for so long, I can't wait to see them live again. I'm a big fan of Dez's newer band DevilDriver as well, but it's going to be so great to see him jamming with Coal Chamber for the first time in about 12 years!!

Sevendust always puts on a good show as well. What's also cool, is that Sevendust and Coal Chamber had some "bad blood" between them for quite a while, so it's cool that they've gotten through that and are actually touring together.

i saw Mickey Avalon...ironically a few months back... oh its was awful!! ahahahah
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    The last official concert I went to was Ben Folds Five at the Wiltern. But I went to a small, secret show for Ellie Goulding at LACMA last month. But that was only 5 songs so it wasn't a full show. But at least it was FREE!
    Wabawalawoo!!!

Went to see Lacuna Coil, Coal Chamber and Sevendust on Tuesday night in Worcester, MA.

Coal Chamber played an amazing set and had a moment of silence for the victims of the marathon bombing.

Sevendust had a great set as well and played the song "Angel's Son", originally recorded as a tribute to James Lynn Strait of the band Snot who passed away in a car accident, in memory of the bombing victims.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    I will be seeing Yngwie, Ratt and Iron Maiden in 2013
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Went to Weird Al in Knoxville. Val and Adam Tyner showed up and surprised me. Crazy enough they sat right in front of me.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Went to see Lacuna Coil, Coal Chamber and Sevendust on Tuesday night in Worcester, MA.

Coal Chamber played an amazing set and had a moment of silence for the victims of the marathon bombing.

Sevendust had a great set as well and played the song "Angel's Son", originally recorded as a tribute to James Lynn Strait of the band Snot who passed away in a car accident, in memory of the bombing victims.
    YES! Was there and in the FIRST row right dead set in front of the main mic!!! We also in respect to other fans gave up the spots once our band was done and got some great views in other spots after giving up such a sweet spot. EXCELLENT SHOW!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Black Sabbath (with Ozzy, Tony & Geezer ~ shame Bill Ward wasn't there!) two nights ago. Despite their advancing years, they put on an absolute great show and they looked like they really enjoyed themselves too ~ especially Ozzy! Tony Iommi... what can i say? Absolute legend of a guitarist!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I saw Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper on Friday. It was a hell of a show. I was deaf and low on health for a day or so afterwards...but what are ya gonna do?

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!