Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd prefer not to see NA figures in the MOTUC line.

I'd prefer not to see NA figures in the MOTUC line.

I personally wish this series would be killed off forever. I hate everything about it! I don't believe those figures would sell well at all, but I could be wrong. I would just like to see them stick with the original MOTU & then expand to POP. Am I the only one that hates the NA series? If so, I guess I'll just have to suck it up.

I am extremely excited about the new line though. I can't wait until Monday.
    I'm disabled because I chose to drink & drive. I broke my neck, when I totaled my car. I was in the exact same condition as Christopher Reeves was, but I regained my ability to walk. Please don't drink & drive. To read my story, checkout my website & share it with your family & friends.

http://www.dontdrinkandride.com/

I won't be getting any NA figures, just from the original characters from MOTU. Some POP but that it, not interested in the rest

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to seeing some NA figures as well as PoP. You can just put the villains with Skelly's crew and everything will look fine, since they will be in the same style.

Regardless, this is exactly why Mattel needs to do build-a-figures. The NA characters may not sell nearly as well if they don't. If you have to buy Slush Head to get Modulok's heads or Titus' foot...I'm sure you'd pick ole' Slushy up.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    I never saw NA when it aired. I never bought any of the figures when they were out. I tried watching Season 1 on DVD and about gashed my eyes out on the awful story-telling. Why couldn't the pilot episode have at least been the original MOTU blended into the new style?

Regardless... if they do the NA in the new MOTUC style - which was my main gripe about the NA series - I'll consider buying them.

Price, however, is my biggest deterent. $27.00/shipped is too much for any action figure.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty72 View Post
    I personally wish this series would be killed off forever. I hate everything about it! It is a pathetic excuse for MOTU. I don't believe those figures would sell well at all, but I could be wrong. I would just like to see them stick with the original MOTU & then expand to POP. Am I the only one that hates the NA series? If so, I guess I'll just have to suck it up.

I am extremely excited about the new line though. I can't wait until Monday.
    I'll be picking up a few of them depending on how the figures are done. I always thought that some of the villians would work well in MotU and 200x if they were redesigned right and given a backstory that fit well with the existing universe. Even if the figures look bad I know I'll buy Spinwit he was my favorite toy from the line and one of the few good guys from the series that I liked.

I'm getting everything they put out for this line. I feel so close to NA 'cause characters from that line have to struggle for their 'place in the world' like PoP. Once you guys see them done in this style, I'm sure you'll want 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm getting everything they put out for this line. I feel so close to NA 'cause characters from that line have to struggle for their 'place in the world' like PoP. Once you guys see them done in this style, I'm sure you'll want 'em.
    Hey Tally, can Mattel make figures of characters that appeared in the toon only, or does ER own the rights to that too? I want CRITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Hey Tally, can Mattel make figures of characters that appeared in the toon only, or does ER own the rights to that too? I want CRITA!
    I believe ER own the rights to cartoon-only characters, so no.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Wouldn't call myself a fan of NA, but being a 4H and a MotU fan, I'm pretty sure that no matter WHAT characters they make, I'll be hard pressed to pass on any of 'em.

One thing I just thought of . . . with EVERY character being 6" tall as per Mattel's panel, what happens if they make Gwildor?

BEAST MAN: Oh, crap!! Here comes Gwildor!!

SKELETOR: That KFC must have caused some sort of growth spurt! RUN FOR IT!!!

[QUOTE=Beasty72;1956968]I personally wish this series would be killed off forever. I hate everything about it! It is a pathetic excuse for MOTU. I don't believe those figures would sell well at all, but I could be wrong. I would just like to see them stick with the original MOTU & then expand to POP. Am I the only one that hates the NA series?

No, I hate it too
    Emile

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Wouldn't call myself a fan of NA, but being a 4H and a MotU fan, I'm pretty sure that no matter WHAT characters they make, I'll be hard pressed to pass on any of 'em.

One thing I just thought of . . . with EVERY character being 6" tall as per Mattel's panel, what happens if they make Gwildor?

BEAST MAN: Oh, crap!! Here comes Gwildor!!

SKELETOR: That KFC must have caused some sort of growth spurt! RUN FOR IT!!!
    I think they just meant the big beasties on the show will be the same size as everyone else because of the re-use of parts. I'm positive Orko, Gwildor, Kowl, Loo-Kee, etc. will not be He-Man's size, nor will Tytus and Megator be puny.

I have to agreed no New Adventures...at least until all the original, 200X, and POP characters have been done.

The dream release of these figures for me would go along with the original line, which it looking pretty good so far...

He-man - check
    Skeletor - check
    Beastman - check
    Merman - check
    Zodac - check
    Stratos - check
    Only Man-At-Arms and Teela remain and hopefully they will be the next 2 figures.

To get the original 8 first would totally ROCK!!! Then bring on Man-E-Faces, Mekaneck, Ram Man, Evil-Lyn, Faker, Trap Jaw, and Tri-Klops to cover 1983 figures!

I think it's pretty obvious they are going to bring out the original 8 first. Which is good IMO because if the line tanks at least you could display the original 8 together and it would still look good and make sense, cause its basically the 8 back the way they were meant to look.

But if the line tanks with 6 of the 8 back and some other random like HE-RO or Marzo they will look really out of place in a collection.

And AS for NA. I would only buy NA or POP figures if they were with an asst. of other figures on a Toy store peg for 12.99. I'm not paying around $30 a month shipped for some random character I have no passionate childhood nostalgia for.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think they just meant the big beasties on the show will be the same size as everyone else because of the re-use of parts. I'm positive Orko, Gwildor, Kowl, Loo-Kee, etc. will not be He-Man's size, nor will Tytus and Megator be puny.
    I figured as much that that was what they meant by the comment but the one thing I do not want is for Adam to have the same build as He-Man like the original figures did. I really loved how in the MYP toon and 200x line that Adam and He-Man did not look exactly the same. After all what would be the point in needing to transform if the only thing it did for Adam was give him a tan? I'll be very upset if when they do Adam he's in the same scale as the other figures.

Well they already said that all figures would be same scale so get yourself ready for the disappointment now.

I back them being the same size. I like how these look like modern versions of the originals. I wish the vest was velvet again though cause a rubber jacket on that he-man body is gonna look kinda awkward.

I believe they already said capes and stuff like that would be sculpted now which I think sucks. If they are taking almost every other measure to keep this line truly classic, they should also make the accessories cloth. Ninjor without a cloth mask is gonna be kinda weak. Same with scare glows cape.

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    Personally I'd love to see figures of NA, i really quite enjoyed the series. The storys and overall story arc were much better than filmation MOTU, alas the charcters and dialogue really let it down.

However, I dont think id cry about it if we didnt get them. Perhaps maybe a con exclusive NA He-man & Skelly twin pack

I think it's fair to say everyone has their own oppinion.
    I personally would prefer NA figures before POP figures, Well certain ones anyway.

Flogg, SLush Head, Optikk are ones on the top of my want list along with Spikor, Hordak ect. Its true most of the heroes except for maybe Sagitar are not that interesting but the villians are.

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Initially, I would prefer they keep NA on the back burner. After this line becomes somewhat established and garners enough success to hopefully warrant more figures per month/wider availability, bring in NA along with other more obscure offerings.

This seems to be precisely what they’re doing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegtablesam View Post
    Personally I'd love to see figures of NA, i really quite enjoyed the series. The storys and overall story arc were much better than filmation MOTU, alas the charcters and dialogue really let it down.

However, I dont think id cry about it if we didnt get them. Perhaps maybe a con exclusive NA He-man & Skelly twin pack

This is how I feel. I can not get through 2 episodes of filmation without falling asleep ( and I have trouble falling asleep)

I really like the stories in NA.

I would love to see some NA MOTUC before She-ra, except Hordak and troopers.

austin

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    I think it's fair to say everyone has their own oppinion.
    I personally would prefer NA figures before POP figures, Well certain ones anyway.
    Agreed!

Although id take a foxy filmation Frosta over any figure lol! Shame that probably wont happen!

I'd prefer NA figures over 200x figures. At least there's new characters in NA. I'd take those over a 200x styled He-Man.

NA characters and POP characters are actually the ones I'm interested in seeing the most from the new line. I'm looking forward to the basic MOTU guys and gals of course, but I grew up with POP and NA as well- and those characters need love too and I think the Horsemen can do them all justice

I think it's a really good thing that the MOTUC line will cover the entire He-Man entourage. Something for everyone. And even if a character comes up that someone doesn't care for, then there's only 30 days or so to wait until the next one comes out...

If they actually started re doing the 200x design figures as classics it would be pretty pointless and retarded. I would mos def not buy those. There has to be a limit to how many of the same character re hashed I put in my home. I'm already starting to question why bother keep buying the same figures over and over again.

MOTUC better be the last line they ever produce, aside from maybe a movie tie in line.

I'm sure if this thread was posted in the new NA forums, there would be more support for NA

If Mattel let the 4HM do they're own thing on NA, it will be cool. If they try and stick too close to the original figures, I think they will struggle.

As xBBestx touched on, this line is very nostalgia driven and I don't think enough of us around the world were exposed to enough NA to overly excited about it.

I would buy Optikk, Brak and Kalamarr WAY before I'd ever consider Castaspella or Double Trouble.

This line doesn't seem to be re-imagining the figures at all which I believe will really hurt NA and POP

New versions of the NA figures would kick so much butt!

I would rather them and POP figures then an entire line of the same exact figures we have gotten now 2 times over (3 times if you could the new 08/09 versions)

Oh good now I can have about 5 he-mans including stactions instead of one new NA figure or POP figure
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback