Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MOTU CLASSICS VS MOTU 2002 Line. Which style do you prefer the most?

MOTU Classics Looks!

200X. It was evolved, contemporary and realistic in nature. This new line isn't. Plus, I hate shared parts and ankle articulation always makes figures look unappealing to me.

The new classics line is cool, and I will be supporting it. But the 2002 line was waaaaaay better in my opinion. Each character being modernized, it given it's own unique sculpt while still keeping the characteristics of the classic figures. That's way better than a bunch of figures with re-used parts and over-articulation. Honestly, I would rather get just two more waves of stactions than this entire classics line. But that's just my opinion.

Heroic Warrior
    I prefer the 200X line.

I preferred the style of the 200X line to the classics, BUT I did not like some of the sculpts of the figures. He-Man was the worst. He was hunchbacked like Quazy Modo. I loved the SDCC exclusive He-Man sculpt though.

It would be awesome if the 200X line was given a new chance with these highly sculpted non-hunched figures.

Classics.

This is my He-Man. The He-Man of my childhood.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    i like both, for very diferent reasons.

i'm mostly into the classics to get spikor, the horde, snakemen, & various others (modulok!!) not made for the 200x line as action figures.

i do prefer each character to have it's own mold though, like the 200x figures (and stactions did), those were amazing, and no one can deny that. i liked Adam & He-man looking completely different from one another as they should imo. I like certain characters in the classic style and others in the myp style. i do hope they make Webstor with 8 limbs, because the old version looks nothing like a spider (which is what I assume the guy is supposed to be, they called him webhead btw) and rather dumb compared to the 4hm version, and buzz-off with a ''bug'' body & not a human body. If they are reusing parts, please let them be logical about it. Stinkor should have BM/Stratos's body & not Merman's.

I love the fact the classics have the articulation the 200x line was originally meant to have. they do look very cool. But I'm not too keen on them going back to the lame 80's designs though. been there, done that. twice actually. and no action features? that kind of makes it even worse, since that's what made motu what it was in the first place. I can't imagine buying Mantenna or snakeface without their pop out eyes/snakes. kind of defeats the purpose. hopefully snap on parts or interchangeable heads will do the job.

i liked the 200x line because the villans looked threatening, not goofy & lame, and the heroes looked more like real people not a bunch of 'roid users. What message is that sending to people? lol, kidding.

another drawback is that the characters will no longer have a ''theme'', everyone will have the same furry undies and boots as if there's only one shopping mall on Eternia (and only one clothing store). It's a shame after seeing the 4hm's awesome redesigns, which I believe are far more superior & imaginative than any of the old versions could ever be (except the sorceress, i like the old version of her alot better).

still I'll collect this new line in the hopes they make some of the myp versions into action figures like Clawful & Webstor & Stinkor. I like the myp versions of them alot better than the 80's versions. nuf said.

i'm not too keen on the whole 'one figure a month' thing either. I think it stinks, worse than Stinkor's stench. i'd rather have about 8 at a time so we can get new figures alot faster, because I have a feeling the line will end (again) before they make the ones I really want!!!

i do see that merman & zodak do have subtle differences, like the number of fingers on their hands. I don't get why Zodak has to have webbed feet though, since he didn't have them in the original toon, nor did skeletor. oh well, either way he looks great, and very much like the original. i only wish his helmet was removable like the 200x figure. I liked that line for the little details & extra things like that. i like that merman appears to have gills on his neck, nice detail!!

yeah, i could fall in love with motu all over again, and with these new figures i get back into the old series again and see the figures made as they should have been way back in 1982. i do hope they get to making the pop and other figures in the 200x style that were only made as stactions. some of us like both styles, and i hope they don't forget any of the fans, since this line is for us fans & collectors.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    I don't get why Zodak has to have webbed feet though, since he didn't have them in the original toon, nor did skeletor. oh well, either way he looks great, and very much like the original.
    Because they are based on the old toys, toy art and minicomics and definitely not on the old cartoon.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Because they are based on the old toys, toy art and minicomics and definitely not on the old cartoon.
    yeah, that seemed very obvious. i just hope they don't make every figure (almost) exactly like the original toys in terms of design. some characters looked alot better with the myp designs, so i hope they at least keep some of those in mind, since this new line is supposed to be the 'definitive' collection with everything (motu, pop, na, myp series) considered, if you know what i mean.

Anyway, Zodak looks great, and going back to his original design once again adds to his mystique. He's one of the strangest motu characters since i never quite knew what he was supposed to be. He's got the ''villan'' hands & feet like merman & skelly and a furry upper torso like BM & stratos, but human colored skin & a presumably human face.

i wonder if he'll be ''Evil cosmic enforcer'' or ''heroic cosmic Enforcer''. That always confused me as a kid. He was so nice on the toon, but the card-back had him as a bad guy!!

anyway, i'm anxious to see how the other figures will turn out. Can't wait to get the motuc!!
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!