View Poll Results: New ZODAC (MOTU Classic): What changes would you want to see to see?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Figure looks perfect. Card back painting rules!

105 64.42%
  • Filmation style. Normal (human) feet in boots. White gloves.

40 24.54%
  • Other

25 15.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New ZODAC (MOTU Classic): What changes would you want to see to see?

Hmmm, seeing Sllohcin's adjustments just cements my opinion all the more that Zodac is just fine as he is.

No gloves please, not human feet either for this Classic interpretation.

However, I could see a Black ZodaK with gloves and boots as a cool exclusive!
    (My poor, poor wallet this year!)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    Personally I don't want anything changed at all on him... BUT... I couldn't resist quickly altering the pic to see how he'd look with painted gloves and/or boots.

The thing is, it wouldn't take much at all for anybody to customize their Zodac to fit their own desired bill!

Again, for me, he's already exactly how I want him.

See for me the one on the far right with the painted gloves and non-clawed feet are exactly how I'd want him. Actually now I kind of wish that I hadn't seen them because I know if they don't do it like that I'll have to buy an extra one and an extra He-Man to swap out the feet.

Well Im still all for this Zodac. After all why would I want one that was based off an incorrect interpretation when I can have the original cosmic enforcer
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    After checking out Sllohcin’s picture I am even more convinced that I prefer the con version to the one with painted gloves. It just seems off to me, because the paint makes the odd shape of the forearms appear as, well gloves and not something otherworldly. This just makes the feet feel very out of place, almost like a man walking on chicken feet.

If the gloves are painted I would prefer the third option where he has booted feet. That looks fine/normal, but for me, it has to be one or the other – Leave it alone, or paint the gloves and change the feet. I prefer leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post
    After checking out Sllohcin’s picture I am even more convinced that I prefer the con version to the one with painted gloves. It just seems off to me, because the paint makes the odd shape of the forearms appear as, well gloves and not something otherworldly. This just makes the feet feel very out of place, almost like a man walking on chicken feet.

If the gloves are painted I would prefer the third option where he has booted feet. That looks fine/normal, but for me, it has to be one or the other – Leave it alone, or paint the gloves and change the feet. I prefer leave it alone.
    I can eventually come to terms with the 'chicken feet' but if they keep the arms bare then for me to really love the figure they need to get rid of the things on the back of his arms that look fin-like. It's not that they don't fit him, I just don't like them.

I like Zodac as he is.
    I just wonder what will be his weapons.

Anyway, the thing I hope the most is that he comes wish his space sit in the MOTHUC line

... and maybe with white hands also

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    Personally I don't want anything changed at all on him... BUT... I couldn't resist quickly altering the pic to see how he'd look with painted gloves and/or boots.

The thing is, it wouldn't take much at all for anybody to customize their Zodac to fit their own desired bill!

Again, for me, he's already exactly how I want him.

I like the third one best. However... one other option here I could see:

Leave the Skeletor style leg armor, but give him He-Man feet. That way, it looks like he has armor over the furry boots. Since the feet are articulated, I can't see why this couldn't be done. Even better, just give him smooth feet that look like boots.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

The only thing that i dont like in this figure is the 80's feet...
    I think that it would look better simmilar to the filmation series... White gloves!
    Last edited by Ciclone Luso; August 4, 2008 at 09:25pm.

He's an alien. Why should he have human hands/feet? This is how the original toy looked and since classics is all about recreating the original toys with added detail, articulation and better paint apps, this is EXACTLY how I would expect and want Zodac to look.

Boots and gloves!

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post

Leave the Skeletor style leg armor, but give him He-Man feet. That way, it looks like he has armor over the furry boots. Since the feet are articulated, I can't see why this couldn't be done. Even better, just give him smooth feet that look like boots.
    Pretty much the same way I feel.
    Wabawalawoo!!!

Interesting idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I'm still REALLY loving Zodac just the way he is! The more I look at the figures the MORE I'm excited for this line! I really can't wait for October!

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I like the figure as is except for one thing. His head is too small! I'm wondering if the head sculpt wasn't ready for SDCC, and they stuck vintage or commemorative head on him for the display? What does everyone here think?

Heroic Warrior
    I think the unpainted arms just look really weird.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Looking at the pic below, I would rather see the feet that Stratos was given on Zodac, instead of the Skeletor-style feet. They actually look like boots (which seems kind of weird for Stratos... isn't he suppose to be barefoot?). Those feet would look so much better on Zodac.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; September 15, 2008 at 03:44pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I for one think that vintage Zodac is painfully boring, but I also think the MOTUC figure should look like the vintage Zodac if the line is to stay consistent.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I think he looks perfect the way he is I don't want any changes. But I do have to admit that I like the one with the painted gloves
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I think he looks perfect the way he is I don't want any changes. But I do have to admit that I like the one with the painted gloves

I agree! I like the figure as it is. It's true to the 8 back art. But I do like those white gloves!!!!!!!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Some white gloves might be nice, but I'm not that bothered if we don't get them.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

"Figure looks perfect. Card back painting rules!"

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Filmation style. Normal (human) feet in boots. White gloves.

That sums it up.

As crazy as it sounds, that would actually make the difference between me buying or not buying ZODAK. Even as a kid, I kinda hated ZODAK in 'monster boots'. I totally thought it took away from the whole 'slick, spacey' feel of him.

While I fully agree that MATTEL is right to do ZODAK in classic style, I think it would be great if they did a 'Filmation' style version, too. Heck, they already have the mold for the boots.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I like him as is. He's cool.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

...I would rather see the feet that Stratos was given on Zodac, instead of the Skeletor-style feet. They actually look like boots (which seems kind of weird for Stratos... isn't he suppose to be barefoot?). Those feet would look so much better on Zodac.
    I agree about the feet completely completely. I would like to see him with Skeletor's forearms and shins but with He-Man's hands and Stratos' feet. But I understand completely why they would go the classic route and I still support him as he is.

Keep him as he is and hopefully there will be a red gun for his weapon. No extravagant changes please.
    Nunslaughter rules in a world of fools!