Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which NA and POP figures do you want to see in MOTUC?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Well as a kid it always irritated me that She-ra and her gals were not made the same style as He-man and the masters of the universe.
    The cartoons were very similar in style, but not the toys!

Whereas the 4 horsemen can do the MOTU figures in a classic way, they're gonna have to rework on the POP characters a lot more than the MOTU characters in order for them to look cool together.

So I think it's not really going to be faithful to the 1980's POP which were basically fashion dolls with action features.

So I guess the sky's the limit in terms of redesigning them. Strongbow is the less difficult, he can be a reused MOTUC body with new head and garb.

She-ra and Adora will have to be brand new sculpts. I guess Adora's arms and legs can be used on Teela and Evil Lyn. I do hope Mattel is not going to reuse too many parts. For example, I'm not worried when I see that some figures share the same torso, upper arms and upper legs. I'm a little nervous when I see they're reusing the same bracelets and boots for Mer-man and Zodak.
    LOL! The POP characters with Teela/Evil-Lyn/Sorceress legs and arms. THAT could be cool, tying POP to MOTU even better.

Imagine 200X style redesigns for POP, where the 4H can REALLY get loose...

I'd like to see Catra, Frosta, Slushead, Optik and Sagitar. They are the 5 I really want (most of the NA heroes look bland, but Sagitar was the one I really remembered from childhood)

I really want to know what the possibility of a He-Man in either Horde or Mutant Trooper armour, as he wore these in the cartoons, but not in the mini comics. It's probably a no.
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Adora and She-Ra are kind of givens, so I'd go with:

Frosta
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Bow (did he ever appear with the mustache outside the toon?).

I sort of doubt we'll see much from NA with the one a month schedule, but main guys like Flipshot and Hydron from the good guys and Flogg and Slushhead from the baddies would be the top of my list.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

well, PoP I don't even know too many, but all that appeared in Secret of the Sword I do want to get made for MotUC at some point! After all, there's a need for more female warriors on Eternia!! I know, Shadow-Weaver won't get made, because it's one of the Filmation-only-Characters, I don't know however which PoP-characters from Secret of the Sword also are and which appeared in Minicomics or so... She-Ra, Adora, Catra etc. are of course must-sees, but I'd also like to get Scorpia or Octavia, Frosta, Castaspella, Angela, Glimmer, Mermista, etc. Are they available for MotUC or are they Filmation-characters?

To get to NA, it's easier for me to say since I grew up with a mix of lotsa classic MotU and a bunch of the at that time new NA-figures... I want them all - but all overly redesigned, so they look like MotU! I want NA-He-Man and NA-Skeletor to have just as many muscles as they used to have before NA "happened to them", I want a Tartarus that really looks massive and I want all the other NA-characters also with MUCH more muscles than they had in the nineties...

edDy
    Last edited by Evil Ed; July 31, 2008 at 10:37pm.
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread