Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you order King Grayskull before it sold out? - Problems with ordering, post here

Did you order King Grayskull before it sold out? - Problems with ordering, post here

Okay, how about a nice little seperate thread apart from that chaotic thread with all the difficulty posts.

Who all here has managed to get in their order and how many did you go for?

I ordered just two with the sincerest of hopes that one turns out to be the statue variant. I also went for two day shipping so I can get them sooner!

Who else?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Okay, how about a nice little seperate thread apart from that chaotic thread with all the difficulty posts.

I ordered just two with the sincerest of hopes that one turns out to be the statue variant. I also went for two day shipping so I can get them sooner!

Who else?
    I ordered one. If I get a statue, I have someone whom I'm trading with.

Speaking of chaos, they need to do this a little better. Like having the folks with actual subscriptions get first dibs on ordering. On the 15th of every month it's sure to be a frenzy otherwise.

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    After more than an hour of repeated attempts – issues ranging from the site telling me I’m already online and cant order, to repeated issues with my billing, to site crashes – I finally got my order through. I ordered two figures. I’m still waiting on an e-mail confirmation however, but my order shows up on Matty.com.

I went with two because I really like the regular figure and want it more. I would love to have a statute version, but I figure the odds of getting two are slim, and this way I’m pretty assured of getting at least one standard figure.

Man . . . after getting next to no sleep, that was really exhausting though.

Please Toyguru, not again when it comes time to order He-Man.

I ordered 3. My ultimate goal is 2 of each the reg and the statue. I'll be happy to trade accordingly depending on what I get.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I ordered one. Funny thing is, and I mentioned this on the other thread, I only have $1.32 in my account. My friend was supposed to pay me back money he owes me before the site opened up and didn't so I tried ordering with the money I had and it eventually went through. I haven't recieved my confirmation email yet but I'm thinking it won't go through. I'm trying to get someone on here to get me one or hold one for me until I get money in a week because I really don't think this will go through.

I got mine from ebay for $50, but i figure it`s worth it to make sure i get the normal figure and it`s also signed by the 4horsemen. I can`t wait for it to arive.

I ordered 1. It took maybe 15 minutes. I ran into all the Unavailable bugs and reloaded and everything went pretty smooth, but I also know how websites and webforms work so I don't blame some of the people for being upset.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but when I try to checkout, matty tells me "The following products are restricted by the billing country you specified". I live in South Africa and tried to order Grayskull. I'm confused. I thought Matty was there so we don't have to buy from scalpers on eBay?

EDIT: Never mind. If I read the long thread with all the issues my question would be answered. I hope they don't gauge future sales on the sales of Grayskull if international buyers are not allowed to make purchases, cause I'm really keen on the rest of the line....
    Last edited by Dragnor; July 28, 2008 at 04:23pm.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnor View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but when I try to checkout, matty tells me "The following products are restricted by the billing country you specified". I live in South Africa and tried to order Grayskull. I'm confused. I thought Matty was there so we don't have to buy from scalpers on eBay?
    The King Grayskulls cannot be shipped internationally because of the electronic components inside of the box. There's some deal with the shipping policy and the box containing electronic compontents that prevents Mattel from shipping it internationally.

Thanks Dynamo,

I always hate people who ask questions in forums without reading and there I go and do it myself. Sorry about that.

Evil Greedy Toy Monger DarthAmerica's Avatar

Who else?

How much did you pay for the 2day shipping? I just paid regular economy mail. It was like $8 or $9 bucks.

I wonder how much it would have cost to get them shipped faster.
    I just didn't want to change in the middle of placing order because I had to refresh page several times and it was slow and I didn't want to do anything to mess it up, just wanted to make sure my order got processed a.s.a.p. since we don't know how many figures were made/set aside.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAmerica View Post
    How much did you pay for the 2day shipping? I just paid regular economy mail. It was like $8 or $9 bucks.

I wonder how much it would have cost to get them shipped faster.
    I just didn't want to change in the middle of placing order because I had to refresh page several times and it was slow and I didn't want to do anything to mess it up, just wanted to make sure my order got processed a.s.a.p. since we don't know how many figures were made/set aside.
    It was about $22 for two day shipping for two figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    The King Grayskulls cannot be shipped internationally because of the electronic components inside of the box. There's some deal with the shipping policy and the box containing electronic compontents that prevents Mattel from shipping it internationally.
    Thats wierd, my wife works for Canada post and says it`s wierd because they ship all kinds of electronic stuff to those overseas countries and no problems. She said they have shipped laptops and guitar hero stuff over seas musical instruments such as electric guitars and basses, flash drives.

i can't buy anything. says my email is invalid
    Good Traders - Troz, biged98, IceWolf
    Check My eBay auctions for many rarities!
    http://stores.ebay.com/Only-The-Rare...p2047675.l2563

Heroic Warrior
    Did anybody still not receive a confirmation e-mail?

Edit: Never mind, I just received it. Yay!
    Last edited by Greyskull; July 28, 2008 at 04:36pm.

I successfully ordered 2 Grayskulls, 1 Lobo and 1 Giganta two pack. I really hope I get a statue and a regular Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    I got a confirmation email, though at this point I'm not convinced whether I've ordered or not...

I "ordered" 2, because if I just got 1, I'm afraid it would be the statue variant and I wouldn't have a "normal" Grayskull.
    ne jabba no badda!

I ordered my Grayskull and Lobo in less than 15 minutes from start to finish, no problems whatsoever. Got my email confirmation immediately. For once, looks like I was lucky!

It took me about 30 minutes, but yes, I got my order in. I ordered 1 (and I'm praying its not the statue variant). If it is, it'll be in the marketplace quick.

I agree that the system needs to work better or else the server will be crashing every month.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I ordered 2 and Im hoping to get 1 regular and 1 statue version.

We should get some sort of list going on of who wants what to get people who want to trade theirs.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I ordered 2, no problems, overnight shipping and CANNOT WAIT

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    It was about $22 for two day shipping for two figures.
    Same here . . . $22.40

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    I ordered 2, no problems, overnight shipping and CANNOT WAIT
    Well, the C&S rep from Mattel just told me 10-14 days before they’re shipped.

Be glad you chose the fast shipping if you’re impatient like me.
    Last edited by Scare Glow; July 28, 2008 at 04:51pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnor View Post
    Thanks Dynamo,

I always hate people who ask questions in forums without reading and there I go and do it myself. Sorry about that.
    No biggie. There's been so much info flying around the past few days with threads getting really big really quick that it's hard to catch it all. And that's such an obscure problem that if you missed the posts that explained it, you probably wouldn't even know to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Thats wierd, my wife works for Canada post and says it`s wierd because they ship all kinds of electronic stuff to those overseas countries and no problems. She said they have shipped laptops and guitar hero stuff over seas musical instruments such as electric guitars and basses, flash drives.

The whole concept seemed odd to me as well, as I've never heard of such a thing before this. But that's the reasoning Mattel gave for the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I ordered 2 and Im hoping to get 1 regular and 1 statue version.

We should get some sort of list going on of who wants what to get people who want to trade theirs.
    King Grayskull Trading Post

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got Grayskull coming from ebay, but I ordered Lobo and it was easy-peasy! Hopefully my first MOTU purchase will be as stress-free.