Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you order King Grayskull before it sold out? - Problems with ordering, post here

I think a lot of people are unhappy because this is a unique, limited figure, and due to issues with the collector's site, they were unable to purchase a King Grayskull.

I'm happy that the figure sold out; that bodes well for the new line. Unfortunately, quite a few people are unsure if they're even going to get the figure(s) they think were purchased. Mattel really should have made sure their site would be able to deal with most of the traffic. There were four different exclusives being purchased through the site! Mattel should have tested this system before going live.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Hello. I got 1 order confirmation from Mattel but my PayPal was charged 98.80 twice (3 figures plus shipping). Do not know yet if they charged my card or not because my paypal goes through my bank account. Is this happening to other people too? Wonder if I will get 6 or not...
    My Vintage MOTU Want List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=160111
    My Others Want List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169076
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Vintage MOC and MISB For Sale:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...FA-and-non-AFA

Quote Originally Posted by Chaundon View Post
    Hello. I got 1 order confirmation from Mattel but my PayPal was charged 98.80 twice (3 figures plus shipping). Do not know yet if they charged my card or not because my paypal goes through my bank account. Is this happening to other people too? Wonder if I will get 6 or not...

Yeah it happened to me....I got charged twice through paypal for 3 grayskulls and 3 lobo's....I lost over $300 today and all I got from Mattel was notice that they never got my payment! When I called Mattel about it, they acted like they didn't know what to do. I got conflicting instructions from Digital River too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzor View Post
    Does everyone's confirmation e-mail state: Order In Process?
    The e-mail says confirmation, but when I look at the order summary it says in process. I take that to mean that it hasn't been shipped yet.
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.

Hello Mattel/ToyGuru

Why don´t you produce more figures for us fans and for us people in europe??
    Then everybody can play scalpers with her whole figures themselves.

I am very happy about that that of the King is sold off, but I also the paying fan base is much greater than expected.
    Last edited by Merman79; July 28, 2008 at 09:35pm.

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    Unfortunately I think alot of us saw this coming. Hopefully it will be better come october 31st for He-man

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Everyone will have to wait and get on hold with customer service tomorrow. I was not double billed, but am scared because my order does not show up on findmyorder even though I have all the confirmation e-mails and my Paypal has already been billed.

Mattel could have at least extended their customer service hours once they knew that the website had failed and they had so many issues and complaints.
    I do agree with Killer-Clone in the statement that if I provided this customer service at Coca-Cola I would not be employed tomorrow. I would have to make my employees stay late tonight and fix this problem and get back to all of my customers with a resolution.
    Last edited by Midwinter; July 28, 2008 at 09:42pm.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

nope, tried guess I was to slow
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Everyone will have to wait and get on hold with customer service tomorrow. I was not double billed, but am scared because my order does not show up on findmyorder even though I have all the confirmation e-mails and my Paypal has already been billed.

I would think that if you have a confirmation email from Pay Pal too, that Mattel HAS to send you your order. They probably can, since there will be a few figures left over (after all, I had to cancel my order, and the figure was not placed back on the site... it still says "Sold Out" - and that would probably not be instant anyway... so maybe there will be some more available tomorrow).
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Court Magician
    There certainly are problems with the website. I had my items in my cart within the first three minutes that the store was open. Then, I attempted to enter credit card information over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, for the next hour and ten minutes.

Each time the site told me that there was a problem with the payment information, which I know was not the case. Finally, I tried the PayPal option and the site said that the order went through.

This was also after I had waited 30 minutes on hold to speak with a customer service person to make a complaint about the site not accepting my payment information. That person then confirmed that my order had gone through and told me that I would get a confirmation email later.

I was not given further instructions by the site, never was given an invoice for a payment to be sent, and then later was sent an email saying that because I had never sent payment I would need to place a new order.

That email was sent hours later, of course, after which time King Grayskull had already sold out.

The problem is NOT that the figure was popular, it was that the method of selling the figure was flawed.

Believe me, they are going to be getting a VERY angry call tomorrow morning.

There is NO REASON in the world why someone who has the figures in their shopping cart and is ready to check out in the first five minutes of the site being up and running should have to wait for over an hour for an order to be completed, wait half an hour on the phone, be told that the order was confirmed, and then be told that it's too late.

Mattel was simply not PREPARED (and I mean Obama-like UNPREPARED and INCOMPETENT) to run their new online store.
    They clearly did not adequately test the site.

And THIS is the beginning of the new Masters of the Universe line. Whatever will we have next?!

Yes till tomorrow Mattel has produced 2000 more figures.just kidding

11013133:

Yes, this is EXACTLY what happened to me this morning. Exactly.

And I just broke down and re-ordered my JLU Giganta Exclusive, and JUST made it through - got an invoice - but then went to view it, and the site crashed again... at 9:42 pm..

huh?
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I would think that if you have a confirmation email from Pay Pal too, that Mattel HAS to send you your order. They probably can, since there will be a few figures left over (after all, I had to cancel my order, and the figure was not placed back on the site... it still says "Sold Out" - and that would probably not be instant anyway... so maybe there will be some more available tomorrow).
    I'm not certain about this. I didn't pay through Paypal SPECIFICALLY because of the fine print on the payment page. At the top of the page it said something along the lines of: If you pay by Paypal and the item sells out before the time the payment clears on Mattel's end they will refund you your money. That's not a DIRECT quote, but it's basically what it said. :S

EXACTLY!

I tried paying with credit card (2 times), and all I kept getting was "There is a problem with your funding source..." or some such nonsense (which turned out to be just the site not being able to do the ONE THING IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO.

I then tried paying with Pay Pal 3 times.

It didn't go through either, because mattycollector.com (was "not receiving the signal" or some OTHER such nonsense).

Mattel sold many KG's at the con (sometimes sealed cases, as was pointed out by members here who were in attendance), because MANY scalpers have them on ebay right now.

NO WAY will I pay MORE than Mattel's mattycollector.com price.
    I got home from an appointment to find this email:

------------------------------------------------------------
    SUBJECT: Your paymen for Order **********

Dear Brian Rooney,
    Thank you for placing an order on Mattel. You elected to pay with PayPal. We have not received notice of your payment.
    Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Amount
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    N3895 JLU GigantaAction Figure 2-P 2 $40.00
    N3896 Masters of the UniverseŽ 1 $30.00
    Classics King Grayskull

If you still desire these items, please place a new order. If you wish to place a new order, please click on the link below to return to the store: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message. Sincerely,Customer Service

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got virtually the same email, but called digital river and they said nt to worry. Hopefully, they are correct. Still no email from mattycollector.com besides that, so I am worried. Especially since the money was taken from my paypal account.

Yes, this is EXACTLY what happened to me this morning. Exactly.

And I just broke down and re-ordered my JLU Giganta Exclusive, and JUST made it through - got an invoice - but then went to view it, and the site crashed again... at 9:42 pm..

huh?
    Just to help some of you guys out. I have found that if I clear my cookies and cache I have better luck with the site. The website is not scripted properly and it causes it to have errors and hang. I think this is what caused so many problems today with paypal and credit cards on top of the website being slammed with visitors.

But, you couldn't pay with a credit card, so how were you or I SUPPOSED to pay??!?!?!

Mattel should have allowed Org members to register a few days or a week early, and order ONLY 1 figure... but that way, they could have used US as a test group.

Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar
    All of these issues happened to me but I simply stuck with it till I got it to go through. Look at the bright side of the site crashing, this means Mattel WAY under esitmated the amount of people that were going to rush the site for Grayskull. To me that was actually awesome meaning that there are that many people wanting it that badly...
    Last edited by DamnSmooth; July 28, 2008 at 09:51pm.
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

It puts you please sometimes before friends if during the first 3 hours, 10000 fans want to order AT THE SAME TIME WORLDWIDE theirs He-man.

Mattel must really prepare with a few good servers.

In looking at my order again on findmyorder.com, it still says pending payment. The money has been taken out of my paypal account. Looks like I am screwed.

bcrduke:

I didn't have any credit card problems, but here's their FAQ on the topic:

Why is my credit card being rejected?
    There are many possible reasons for a credit card not being accepted:
    - The card has expired.
    - You have reached or exceeded your credit limit.
    - You have exceeded your daily charge limit.
    - A computer at either end of the transaction is having technical problems.

If you have problems submitting your credit card payment you can contact Customer Service for help. When you contact Customer Service you may be asked for any error message numbers you received, as well as the reference number seen in the shopping cart.

More questions? Back to Main Help Page
    I put my bet on technical problems, which is very unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by shockman View Post
    In looking at my order again on findmyorder.com, it still says pending payment. The money has been taken out of my paypal account. Looks like I am screwed.
    Did you take down the customer service reps name when you called in? I would call back in tomorrow morning and explain your situation.

Well after wasting an hour trying to get the figure I gave up. Then I went back on at 4PM EST and was able to breeze throught the process, even got to use my credit card. Got the confirmation from Mattel and was able to find the order on the site. I guess it went through, I just hope only one order was processed as there is still another showing unsubmitted on the order history.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    Well after wasting an hour trying to get the figure I gave up. Then I went back on at 4PM EST and was able to breeze throught the process, even got to use my credit card. Got the confirmation from Mattel and was able to find the order on the site. I guess it went through, I just hope only one order was processed as there is still another showing unsubmitted on the order history.
    What does your order status field show? Is it Order in Process or Processed or what? Just curious.

Emilianos words are totally right. I actually consider KG being sold out a good sign of the success of the website and the very very good things still to come to us from Mattel. It was totally normal their website would crash on its premiere today too. Please try to be happy for this new era for us MOTU collectors!!!! Just my thoughts...
    COSTA RICA: NO ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS!

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    Mine shows the exact same thing. I clicked on Lobo and Grayskull after finishing my 1st purchase to see if they were sold out yet, then emptied my shopping cart. In my order history it counts as an "unsubmitted order" but when I click it, it shows no items. Since it says unsubmitted, I don't think there's any need to worry.