Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peekablue Arrival Thread

Peekablue Arrival Thread

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Jester; July 14, 2015 at 06:54pm.
    Thank You for your support ....OCTAVIA 5000! Success rate 100% WooHooo!

Jealous. Jealous! Jealous!!!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

She looks great! Mine should arrive Friday.

The eyes dont look too bad either. With the female figs lately im holding my breath

Heroic Warrior
    The hair doesn't look as neon and garish as it did in the earlier photos. I'm not sure if that is due to the lighting or whether a change was made late in production.

I still think that applying a nearly identical metallic blue "highlight" to all of the blue parts was a mistake. But, Peekablue looks pretty decent and the excellent sculpted detail and paint applications on the tail feathers really improve the overall look of the figure (while also unfortunately highlighting the "plainness" of the rest of the figure).

She looks stunning! The hair is far more cartoon-accurate now.

Can't wait to get her!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I just want PoP completed so I didn't care that much, but I have to say - that looks nicer than the pics we saw beforehand. My only nitpick is that the fan needed some deco - might have to see about doing that myself. But overall she looks great...just one more to go!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    My only nitpick is that the fan needed some deco
    It's got metallic red paint on top of the plain red plastic. It's just not showing up very well in these photos, although it was noticeable in TheFwoosh's photos from memory.

Got mine today to Her eyes are not perfect but its ok. Not as worth that I would exchange her.
    Her colors are great and she looks very beautiful.
    I think her feathers are a little bit to big but thats just my opinion.
    Overall an fantastic figure
    Love the blue/green shimmer on her feathers
    Last edited by Firesoullove; July 15, 2015 at 12:37pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    It's got metallic red paint on top of the plain red plastic. It's just not showing up very well in these photos, although it was noticeable in TheFwoosh's photos from memory.
    Ah nice. I see someone posted a pic below. Awesome.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Peekablue Arrival Thread

My peekablue just got delivered and she's a massive surprise. She looks amazing in hand and so bright and vivid. I took some quick pics, I love the shimmer effect on the peacock feathers.

MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Be careful when taking her fan out of the package! Hopefully it was just mine, but this is the way it came out peeks.jpg
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Be careful when taking her fan out of the package! Hopefully it was just mine, but this is the way it came out peeks.jpg
    Oh it΄s casted in blue!!!!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Hmmm...blue underneath? I think I may want to chip the paint off mine. I like the blue better.

OMG!! when is Mattel going to stop painting items that are going to get a lot of "rub"......Hands, weapons, neck area......Its 2015!! and we have been asking them to stop this crap since way back at the early part of the line! Val even hand delivered Scott a note with requests on it. and this was one of them!
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

And be careful when you move her legs with bending the skirt or press the skirt with the fingers...the color there breaks to.
    It seems they use cheap colors without seal them with a spray or so...
    Last edited by Firesoullove; July 16, 2015 at 02:50pm.

Got my Peekablue today, I made a coupe modifications

Before

After
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    Nice job. I'm tempted to do the same, and to this day I've not altered a single one of my figures.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

My Peekablue has arrived and woah big feathers! Feathers to make a drag queen proud! She is currently dominating my POP shelf at the moment!

Looks very nice. I may pick her up but I'm not sure if she's worth Digital Rivers shopping prices...

My Peekablue arrived today while I was on the phone with my sister. My sis had a few POP figures back in the day, so we enjoyed chatting about it as I was opening the new figure. She looks awesome! Everyone has commented about the shimmery feathers, and I agree. Pics don't capture it, but they look so cool! Her face is also an awesome sculpt, and mine was painted very well. She and Mermista are the best in my opinion. The Rebellion shelf looks so good with her on it!

Got mine today - and I'm more pleased with her in person! Her sculpt is fantastic. I feel the sculpt is underserved by the paint choices. I like the iridescent paint touches, but the skirt is a really unfortunate mac 'n cheese color. I like that her feathers can be reversed to look like the train of a dress - I'll be displaying her that way.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    My Peek's eyes looks off to the right. I might grab another one off Matty in hopes of a better head and to get another fan so I can have two...

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

My Peekablue arrived!

She's a stunning figure! Those feathers…WOW! No real QC issues with her, paint apps and joints are all good. Just a nitpick…I wish the hair had been sculpted in such a way to allow better head articulation. Other than that…I love her! All that detail in the feathers and the shimmering paint! Her face sculpt is very nice as well! Very happy with her…now hurry up Saturday…I want my Callix figure!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Court Magician
    Got mine today, pretty awesome. I'm wondering, however, when I plug the feather rig into her back, the feathers are bent slightly back by her hair. Only slightly so I don't think it'll be a problem, but has anyone else noticed this? I don't know if my peekablue's head is sitting too high or if it was just engineered this way.