Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 Movie figs in MotUC?

Hybrid View

1987 Movie figs in MotUC?

Does anyone, besides me, hope to see Frank Langella as Skeletor, and Dolph Lundgren as He-man the in MotUC line? I hate that movie, but for some reason I'd love to have toys from it. Even less likely, but no less awesome would be toys of Evil-lyn, Sorceress, Man-at-arms, Teela, etc. (sorry no Blade, Karg or Gwildor love from me. None for Lubic either. Blech!)

Would these even be possible, I mean does Mattel have the rights to make toys based on those designs?

I wouldn't be opposed to it however unlike you I would love a Blade and Saurod fig.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Heroic Warrior
    blade and saurod and gwildor yes
    karg - maybe
    langella and lundgren - no
    "That should hold them for a while!"

eaglehost@hotmail.co.uk

Ohh, those He-man and Skeletor variants i'd definately buy!

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Widget

toys

hells yeah

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    Ohh, those He-man and Skeletor variants i'd definately buy!

heidi

Heroic Warrior
    I agree with the point in avoiding actor likenesses and just using some different paint jobs and acessories to make them look like the movie style. Maybe a grizzlor could become a movie beastman.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to it however unlike you I would love a Blade and Saurod fig.

I want a fully articulated Courtney Cox figure! Lol!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed already, I tried the search and didn't find anything.

Does anyone, besides me, hope to see Frank Langella as Skeletor, and Dolph Lundgren as He-man the in MotUC line? I hate that movie, but for some reason I'd love to have toys from it. Even less likely, but no less awesome would be toys of Evil-lyn, Sorceress, Man-at-arms, Teela, etc. (sorry no Blade, Karg or Gwildor love from me. None for Lubic either. Blech!)

Would these even be possible, I mean does Mattel have the rights to make toys based on those designs?
    I think they would be great figures.No matter how one feels about the movie,the look of the charachters I think were awsome,except Skeletor should not have had eye balls.They could of put some black mesh over it to try and hide them.I may be in the minority,but I still love that movie.I think they could do the designs,but not the likeness of real people,unless they paid for the rights to use them.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    I'd love to see them, I am a huge fan of the movie, despite its flaws it has such a great feel to it. However, I think id rather wait a while until new characters are done rather than varients of HM & Skelly (although theyd be the most awesome varients ever!)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    I think they would be great figures.No matter how one feels about the movie,the look of the charachters I think were awsome,except Skeletor should not have had eye balls.They could of put some black mesh over it to try and hide them.I may be in the minority,but I still love that movie.I think they could do the designs,but not the likeness of real people,unless they paid for the rights to use them.
    someone photo shop the motu movie photo i got to see that skeletor no eye balls lol.....

ooh i fouind a pic with red glowing eyes i could see this but pitch black.. that would look wierd!

http://www.krosis.com/imgs/art/full/skeletor.jpg

I wouldn't lose any sleep if any kind of figure (let alone motuc) were never made based on this film. I know I'll get burned for this, but IMO this particular film is probably best forgotten.

Someone like Albert Pyun (The Sword and the Sorcerer, Cyborg) should have really been directing this film. His background was based on making gang movies and motu in essence is about a couple of gangs knocking heads once in a while. He has a much better talent for fantasy theme translation to cinema and knows how to to maximize the budget where it is needed in this genre.

Gary Goddard was in way over his head (the guy makes VR theme park attractions) and just did not have the talent to put this project in the right direction. The film narrative is extremely poor and the core characters were badly developed. I felt no connection towards any of the characters unlike Motu's spiritual sequel Cyborg.

Frank Langella's performance was nice but he seemed more like a clone of Emperor Palpatine then anything based on Skeletor lore. By comparison Vincent Klyn perfectly epitomizes Hordak in Cyborg.

The day I see Gwildor in the motuc range is the day I stop collecting motuc. Or maybe I might buy him just so I can burn the little ****er!!!

Albert - Captain America stealing a Fiat 500 after stealing another car after defreezing - Pyun?!
    Seriously?

Just for the record, Gary Goddard received the script from Mattel and he had to use it.
    Langella is nothing like Palpatine (or as I hear often, Vader). He really created a very unique take on Skeletor, which is still my favourite.

And bring Gwildor into MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Albert - Captain America stealing a Fiat 500 after stealing another car after defreezing - Pyun?!
    Seriously?
    Dude Captain America was a great success considering he financed most of it from his own pocket when the financing fell out. The fact that he would not stop until the film was on shelves is a testament to his commitment to any project he does.

And are you really going to bag a man who trained under Akira Kurosawa?

The fact is Cyborg is a much better film closer to motu lore and was made on not even a third of the originals budget.

Go watch The Sword and the Sorceress if you want to see a real he-man film (trust me you will be glad you did and it may change you opinion of Pyun). A Pyun film has blood, guts, muscles and boobs. Its the perfect combination for any Adult MOTUC collector.

Every director is given a script dude, its how they apply their craft that makes a good film.

[QUOTE=Brad2dbone;1959455](sorry no Blade, Karg or Gwildor love from me. None for Lubic either. Blech!)
    QUOTE]

Thank you! I have never understood the Lubic cult following. I can't stand him, never could.

I would REALLY like to see a movie Skeletor. His ceremonial type armour has always been a favorite of mine

I don't see it coming out. I believe they have the rights but I think they intend to generally copy the original toy line as much as possible.

I want one

I'd buy the movie He-Man and Skeletor, even the Sorceress. Heck I would pick up Teela, Evil-Lyn, Man at Arms, Gwildor and even the design for She-Ra who never actually appeared.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I would buy them all.

austin

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I'd buy the movie He-Man and Skeletor, even the Sorceress. Heck I would pick up Teela, Evil-Lyn, Man at Arms, Gwildor and even the design for She-Ra who never actually appeared.
    Hahaha, you do love your She-Ra, no doubts there!

I too would buy what ever they are willing to put out. My heart is with Saurod and Gwildor, but I would much rather see non-movie figures first. I'm not hate'n, don't get me wrong, I just really like some peeps more than others. I really want a Tuvar and Baddrah two-pack!!!

I'd buy Lubic!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe way down the line.

I'd hope for Karg, Saurod, Pigboy and Blade first, though.
    ne jabba no badda!

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I really want a Tuvar and Baddrah two-pack!!!
    I second that!

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    I've been asking for a Gwildor figure FOREVER!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    [
    Thank you! I have never understood the Lubic cult following. I can't stand him, never could.
    Lubic has a cult following? Why?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I would DEFINITELY be into any and every movie-related MOTUC-figure!

Not sure about actor-likeness tho, might be hard to set up, and perhaps not even desirable.

I'd go absolutely balistic with joy if we ever saw a Movie She-Ra tho! Or a Movie-Skelly! Or perhaps a Moebius-concept He-man.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I really want Evil-Lyn, Skeletor, God Skeletor, He-Man, Sorceress and that She-Ra design.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Lubic has a cult following? Why?
    Because he is awesome.
    I used to not like him, then Emiliano converted me.
    You just give in to the Cult of Lubic!