Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 Movie figs in MotUC?

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Yea id like to see the other characters made first before we get re-do's of characters like heman and skelly.

I definnitly want a Gwildor and cosmic key. Karg and every other character would be nice too.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    This is what I`m talking about!, The movie was the biggest piece of cow dung I`ve ever had to view, but this is what i`m actually talking about, here`s a scan of my comic cover. I want these movie figs not the ones from the actual movie. This is MOTU classics after all.
    Yes... but even in this picture BEAST MAN is Movie Beast Man. And Blade, God only knows what Blade is supposed to be?!

But I sort of agree. I think Blade, Gwildor, Saurod and KARG, should all feel like they belong in the MOTC line. However, I would LOVE an exclusive 2 pack with Langellator and Dolph inspired figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I would prefer to get movie characters based off the movie. For two reasons... they are movie characters... SHOULDN"T they be. And second, he-man and skeletor look almost the same as they always do in that comic. So getting them would be pretty lame, they'd be more like chase figures.

I guess i wouldn't mind if the new characters from the movie were based on the comic, but i still would prefer it if they were based off the movie... or at least the orig figs that came out - do we have carback art for those? how do those compare to the comics?
    I`m not talking about re releasing Skeletor, He Man, Man at Arms etc, I`m talking about just doing the Marvel comic versions of Gwildor, Saurod, Blade, Karg and possibly a movie comic variant Beastman and adding them to the line as opposed to actually rereleasing all main characters being based off the movie. Maybe a side series or something along those lines for the movie accurate figures. I just find the marvel comic version goes better with the classic theme of the figures.
    Last edited by adam03; August 8, 2008 at 06:09pm.

has too many toys. The Trollan Stud's Avatar
    I would love Skeletor and Gwildor figures from the movie. And I'll buy He-Man because I'm sure that if Mattel ever got around to these, He-Man would be inevitable.

Having movie accurate figures is a dream I had for a long time...
    The only other thing I can think of I want more are 12" movie figure, Sideshow-like, with real clothing and chromed armor parts!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The only other thing I can think of I want more are 12" movie figure, Sideshow-like, with real clothing and chromed armor parts!
    That would be righteous. How much do those things usually cost?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That would be amazing! Also with the new movie, Sideshow collectables should do some stuff for it.

I think there should have been more movie figures in the old line, so lets have em here!

All aboard the Cult of Lubic!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

You read my mind!! I want movie accurate figs please!!! oh god please!!

I would be happy seeing this new HE-MAN in movie style armor. I don't think it has to be a 100% Lundgren clone. Just similar armour, cape, and a power sword with a gold handle.

For Skeletor, give him an all-black body, cape, new chest armour, havoc staff and sword with a black handle.

Simple and sweet!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I would literally kill to get a movie Skeletor!
    Langella was awesome in the movie. I want one!!!!!

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I certainly hope so. I really want a Lubic figure. I remember this came up in the Q&A at the Philly Con and the 4 HM were not sure. Perhaps that can be asked int he Q&A?
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I would be all for these characters from the movie to get made:

He-Man
    Skeletor(Both normal and God mode)
    Karg
    Sorceress
    Pig Boy
    Lubic (Yeah I'd say I'm a member too)

The others not so much. I mean Blade, Gwildor and Saurod should be a given since there were figures made of them so I didn't include them. But I think Julie and Kevin just no... I'd rather see the Meteorbs before them.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    WHOA!! That pic is awesome! Where's it from?

I would LOVE to see figures from the 87 MOTU film in MOTUC! We have to have Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor obviously. However, I want to see Lubic, Karg, Skeletor's Shock Troops (perhaps in variants in the way that Star Wars did the clone troopers, ie, one having a cape, one is an Air Centurion, etc, etc) and movie versions of He-Man, The Sorceress, Teela, Man-At-Arms (with removable helmet), Beast Man, Skeletor (in both regular and God costumes), and Evil-Lyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I LOVE THIS PIC!!! But for some reason it reminds me of HORDAK than Skeletor in a weird way lol!!! but i love it!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I took that pic from deviantart.com and I added the lights and the words. I forgot the name of the artist. I'll give him credit once I find the pic again.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I think most of these are long overdue, I always said that the classic line may have continued longer if we'd had a movie 12 back, it would have allowed kids late to the line to get a Teela, MAA, Beast-Man and Evil Lyn

Heroic Warriors
    He-Man
    Teela
    MAA
    Sorceress
    Gwildor
    Lubic

Evil Warriors
    Skeletor
    Beastman
    Evil-Lyn
    Karg
    Saurod
    Blade
    Tweet Me!

Yes, yes, yes, yes!

I've been wanting 1987 MotU movie figures for like 21 years now! I would buy 1000 of each! (Well, not really, but I would buy several).

One thing though. Four Horsemen, if you read this, and if you do make the 1987 film figures, could ya please update He-Man's hair? I mean, the teased and feathered mullet was fine for 1987, but, man, it's painful to look at now.

Oh yeah, and let me throw in my vote for a Lubic figure as well.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I'd go for:

He-Man
    Skeletor
    Blade
    Saurod
    Gwildor
    Lubic
    Karg
    Skeletor's troopers

I would LOVE to have the movie figures. Not too interested in the kids, but everyone else, including Lubic, is go!
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

I`m guessing due to trademark and copyright reasons they won`t be done unless given permission from Cannon films as they own the rights to the movie, but again the comic versions are not off limits! So I wouldn`t bet too hard on movie accurate figs.
    Last edited by adam03; August 10, 2008 at 04:47pm.

I`m guessing due to trademark and copyright reasons they won`t be done unless given permission from Cannon films as they own the rights to the movie, but again the comic versions are not off limits! So I wouldn`t bet too hard on movie accurate figs.
    Well Saurod, Blade and Gwildor are definately allowed, as they had figures in the classic line
    Tweet Me!

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    If we get a BAF its got to be......
    Lubic!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed already, I tried the search and didn't find anything.

Does anyone, besides me, hope to see Frank Langella as Skeletor, and Dolph Lundgren as He-man the in MotUC line? I hate that movie, but for some reason I'd love to have toys from it. Even less likely, but no less awesome would be toys of Evil-lyn, Sorceress, Man-at-arms, Teela, etc. (sorry no Blade, Karg or Gwildor love from me. None for Lubic either. Blech!)

Would these even be possible, I mean does Mattel have the rights to make toys based on those designs?
    That is a brilliant idea, I personally really like the film but then I love Cannon Films generally even stuff like Death Wish 4 and Missing in Action 2, I really would love to see a figure(s) based on that film.
    Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

CANNON films does not exist anymore. I think Warner Brothers has the rights to that film, as they released the DVDs. If WB does the new film, I don't think releasing classic figures from the original movie would be an issue.

Again though, I really don't think they need to be 100% accurate. Just nods to the movie designs would be nice. An "all black" Skeletor with a cape doesn't have to be called MOTU:TMP Skeletor for us fans to go nuts over it.