Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: 1987 Movie figs in MotUC?

As nice as it might be to see Dolph's head on film He-man's body I don't think it's necessary. I think most fans wouldn't mind if they didn't use his head in order to make the figure more viable for production (providing they have the rights to make it at all).

Though I'm wondering when it comes to Skeletor would they need to pay Frank Langella anything? I mean, I know it's a mask and make-up, but is it to the point where you can't see his likeness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Would it be possible to include the three movie characters into a a single package?
    Like the three pack we got with the star sisters. But We must have a Bio for each on the card back.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Just realized it's the 25th anniversary of the MOTU film - so I'll just fantasize: three X three-packs possible? 'Dolph He-Man, Lubic, Gwildor', 'Langella Skeletor, Evil Lyn, Pig Boy' and 'Saurod, Karg and Blade' with 'Golden God Skeletor' SDCC exclusive?
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I just found this checklist on web:

So a Karg figures doesn't need the film rights! We have a prototype, like the Star Sisters!
    Or is it a fake, a custom or a false hope?

If they'll made a Karg figure I'll start screamin' !
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Snappy Threader
    I want Blade very badly.............

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Thanks JoeyCruel - very cool checklist! It's interesting to me that the entire property of He-Man is actually quite a small line of toys and figures in comparison to other lines like the original G1 Transformers, GI Joe, Star Wars, modern Marvel and DC figures, etc.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

That Karg looks terrible! Get a hair cut hippie!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I just found this checklist on web:
    http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9...uchecklist.jpg
    So a Karg figures doesn't need the film rights! We have a prototype, like the Star Sisters!
    Or is it a fake, a custom or a false hope?
    http://imageshack.us/a/img593/9959/v...ecklistmov.jpg
    That is not a Mattel prototype. That is an original sculpture made by MOTU movie designer William Stout, when he was designing the look of the characters for the film. A similar sculpture exists of Gwildor. You can find larger pictures of these at www.motumovie.com.

There was no prototype made (to my knowledge) of Karg. However, the actor who played Karg (Robert Towers) had people from Mattel come to see him on set and take pictures of him in costume. At one time, a toy was planned, but sadly was never produced.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 2, 2013 at 01:36am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    What?! they did. oh man. I want Karg so bad. why didn't he ever get released as a toy.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    That is not a Mattel prototype. That is an original sculpture made by MOTU movie designer William Stout, when he was designing the look of the characters for the film. A similar sculpture exists of Gwildor.
    You're right it's the same style...
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; February 2, 2013 at 12:28pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    I would take any and all movie figures in a heartbeat. Unless Mattel gets the rights, we're only getting Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor, and that would be ok. Blade was one of my favorite figures as a kid. Badass merc swordsman with two swords who can take on He-Man? Yeah, that's not cool at all. Never had Gwildor or Saurod, but I'd take those as well. And if they ever get the rights...Langella Skeletor...*drool*

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I really don't understand how Mattel couldn't work out a deal with Warner Brothers to get the rights to make the movie figures. There should be plenty of ways to do this, that would allow both sides to profit and give fans what they have wanted for 25 years.

Consider this: Warner Brothers has an online store called WBshop, that sells toys for Batman, Superman, and Harry Potter. Many of these toys are made by Mattel (like the Hotwheels "Batmobile"). So why not just make a deal with Warner Brothers to sell the MOTU movie figures at the WBshop? It would be a good way to increase sales for Warner Brothers' Masters of the Universe Blu-ray DVD. It should be win-win for everyone.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 6, 2013 at 12:22am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I really don't understand how Mattel couldn't work out a deal with Warner Brothers to get the rights to make the movie figures. There should be plenty of ways to do this, that would allow both sides to profit and give fans what they have wanted for 25 years.

Consider this: Warner Brothers has an online store called WBshop, that sells toys for Batman, Superman, and Harry Potter. Many of these toys are made by Mattel (like the Hotwheels "Batmobile"). So why not just make a deal with Warner Brothers to sell the MOTU movie figures at the WBshop? It would be a good way to increase sales for Warner Brothers' Masters of the Universe Blu-ray DVD. It should be win-win for everyone.
    not a bad suggestion. I'm on board on getting 87 movie characters in motuc form.
    I'm still waiting for Karg, Troopers, God Skeletor, movie Skeletor, He-Man, Sorceress, Evil Lyn, Teela, M@A, Beast-Man & Lubic. just kidding about wanting Lubic.

I really want a Karg figure!
    I also wouldn't mind Troopers, God Skeletor, movie Skeletor and movie He-Man (He-Man needs a cape).
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I really want a Karg figure!
    I also wouldn't mind Troopers, God Skeletor, movie Skeletor and movie He-Man (He-Man needs a cape).
    me too! I wanted them so much when I was a kid. I want them now too. I want the the God Skeletor & regular movie Skeletor & movie He-Man.
    I envision them (movie look) as the final battle between the two.

Heroic Warrior
    I want a whole shelf in my display case to be devoted to the MOTU movie. I'd take movie versions of all the characters and even get me a floating throne thing like Skeletor uses in the movie if they'd make it. The horsemen would knock the movie designs outta the park. And I'm not joking when I say I want a Lubic either. I think he's essential to any movie figure collection. I'd even take a Julie and Kevin, but probably draw the line at Charlie the Music Shop Owner seeing he didn't stock Gibson Guitars lol.

It would not surprise me if we do end up getting movie rights....mattel have done a great job of securing filmation and expanding the universe in that way...the movie is the next logical and well overdue step. Bring them on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to see the movie characters to be made in the MOTUC series. I wish they could be made in the likeness of the movie. Characters that need to be made: Blade, Saurod, Gwildor, Karg, Comtechs, Centurion Warriors, Detective Lubic and Air Centurion Warriors. Saurod could have a changeable hand, so he could have his claws extended. Blade could have several hidden bladed weapons. Gwildor could come with the grappling claw, walking stick and the Cosmic Key. Karg could come with the Scanner Gun. Karg was one of the characters I wanted most as a child.

Will Mattel Release Classics of characters from the old Movie?

It just dawned on me that I have yet to see a release based on the live action movie. Is there enough interest. We have seen the cosmic key pack in. TOD sorceress resembles her movie appearance but younger. Does Mattel have the rights? Are these planned. Classics was supposed to pull from all areas of the grand Motu mythos and yet not a single figure? Not a saurod, or gwildor, or even Blade, especially Blade he could reuse some parts I'm certain. Someone enlighten me, share your thoughts?

Detective Lubic needs a support thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Detective Lubic needs a support thread.
    Something that epic would have to be a con exclusive right? Have him in am army of darkness or king Conan type pose while Eternian women cling to his legs, his trusty gun in hand. Why has no one thought of this sooner? You are a genius!
    I just hope someone gets a grappling hook with a bucket of ribs as an accessory.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Mattel can make Blade, Saurod and Gwildor. I really hope some movie characters are slotted in for 2014
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I'm sure we'll be seeing the 3 they can do before too long. I'd wager we see one at SDCC, though I've no reason to claim such. (I hope it's Gwildor!)

The rights for anything else are still out, though I'd love to get Lubic, Kevin, and Julie. (Shoot, I'd take Charlie.)

Now, I'd also love MOTUC He-Man, Teela, and MAA in their movie duds and/or colors
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Same here the line has been going for so long now it seems suspect that they would completely shun this. Admittedly the movie was a dark day for many motu fans. But some of the characters are just as memorable, and some have never had figures before, and movie skeletor which version?

I'd be happy if they did Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor in a set and left it at that. I really want those 3, and I do want Karg, but zero interest beyond those 4.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I couldn't remember Karg's name, did he have any specific abilities? I remember his giant hair but that's pretty much all I can recall about him, sweet space mullet.