Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 Movie figs in MotUC?

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Definately want a movie Skeletor
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Elder Councilman
    I'll definitely take the Skeletor-- both versions, Blade, Saurod, Karg, Gwildor, potentially Beast Man, and Evil Lyn. Especially Karg and Gwildor. Also some of Skeletor's troops.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Absolutely yes!! I love Saurod and Jitsu, and i hope in Skeletor version movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Horde View Post
    Absolutely yes!! I love Saurod and Jitsu, and i hope in Skeletor version movie!
    Jitsu??? Where did you see Jitsu in the movie...???
    You're confused sometime!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think he's confusing Blade with Jitsu. Blade was actually a pretty decent figure. He was fun to play with and having him fight He-man. Not to mention he was the only human looking thug for Skeletor.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Theatrical and home video rights to the 1987 Masters of the Universe film are now with Warner Brothers. It would be nice it Mattel and Warner's could work something out to make Karg, Troopers, Air Centurions, Lubic, etc...
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    Definately want a movie Skeletor

same here ..12 inch format

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I'm always up for more villainy. I also back the Lubic movement. As he was just hella cool. Oh i'm on a different world with an ape man and a guy that has no flesh on his skull..... I'ma shoot at them. Got to love that i know i do.

Myself I hope they stay far far away from any movie incarnations. Luckily for me there are a lot of hurdles in the way that'll keep these guys out:

-Outside of Blade, Saurod & Gwildor, there are no toy versions

-Mattel probably doesn't own the designs from the movie. They'd belong to whoever currently owns the film (Warner Bros I think?)

-In the unlikely event that Mattel would paid Warner for the rights (never happen), they'd still have to pay the actors for their likeness rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    -In the unlikely event that Mattel would paid Warner for the rights (never happen), they'd still have to pay the actors for their likeness rights.
    Not really. If they made He-Man and Skeletor, they would just need to put the new armor on the already made figures. The only character they'd have to worry about is Blade, and they could just change his appearance a little. It would look like him so long as he was bald and angry looking.

It would be cool to get some of the original characters from the movie. I'd love to get He-Man and Skeletor, especially old bone face I liked Evil-lyn's design too.
    Last edited by tyr112; December 29, 2009 at 02:58am. Reason: Adding a bit to the end

I'd buy the movie figures. BLADE is a character that I would love to have!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post

That is only if they make the toys look 100% like the characters, which I doubt they would. Plus, you wouldn't have to pay the actors who was dressed up like Skeletor, Beastman, or Karg, as their faces were hidden behind masks.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Saurod would be my favourte. But i also want an lp he-man!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Theatrical and home video rights to the 1987 Masters of the Universe film are now with Warner Brothers. It would be nice it Mattel and Warner's could work something out to make Karg, Troopers, Air Centurions, Lubic, etc...

With Mattel making DC toys, and General Zod being released from the Superman 2 movie. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility of Mattel being able to make toys based on the movie. In fact, I think it'd probably be more likely than Filmation.. Since Mattel and WB already have a working relationship.

Wait a sec...Why did the rights get transferred to WB? I haven't read through much of this thread so I'm sorry if I missed the reason. Didn't MGM have them? Does this change make it harder for Mattel to get the rights since presumably they've been trying to get them from MGM all along?
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    With Mattel making DC toys, and General Zod being released from the Superman 2 movie. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility of Mattel being able to make toys based on the movie. In fact, I think it'd probably be more likely than Filmation.. Since Mattel and WB already have a working relationship.
    I'd say that's a very different case, as Superman II was a blockbuster movie, and Zod a recognizable character even to many non-geeks.

The MOTU movie characters are just obscure redesign/new chars from quickie movie based on a briefly popular kids toy line. (by 'briefly' I mean about 5 years compared to Superman's constant popularity for over 70 years)

Please no Qwildor. I absolutely do not want a classics figure of him. He was really annoying even more so than Orko.

I would love a new Saurod. For some reason I thought he was super cool in the movie as a kid and I was so upset when Skeletor electro-blasted him at the halfway point in the story.
    END OF LINE

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Please no Qwildor. I absolutely do not want a classics figure of him. He was really annoying even more so than Orko.
    Well, what about those of us that want him? How about you just skip that month?

I would love some of them. Mainly Saurod, God Skeletor, Air centurion, Skeletor, Blade, Beastman, Karg, He-man, Sorceress, Teela and Man-At-Arms. Skeletor, He-man , Teela and MAA should have the MOTUC faces but with movie costumes.

Absolutely no Lubic, Julie or Kevin. Can you imagine Kevin's figure with a standard He-man buck body.

(From page 9)

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERHORDAK View Post
    THANX TO MEMBER, JINZIN:WHO HAS THESE NOW ON EBAY!!! AMAZING!!! THESE ID BUY IN A SECOND!!
    Those custom movie figures are freakin amazing!

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I' buy only the unique figures from the movies, which means :

1) Saurod
    2) Blade
    3) Karg (they never released him, and yes, I'd definitely buy him !)
    4) Gwildor

Now, what is Mattel's current position about the movie characters ? I think they said that these were "not currently available" because they don't have the rights of the movie... But I believe they still have the rights over the 1980's produced toys, right (which would mean Saurod, Blade and Gwildor) ?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    I'd buy them all. I'm a big fan of the movie.

I'd love to have:
    - Lundgren
    - Langella
    - Gwildor
    - MAA
    - Teela
    - Blade
    - Saurod
    - Beastman
    - Evil-Lyn
    - Julie
    - Kevin
    - Lubic

Gwildor is probably at the top of my list!
    It wouldn't be hard to customize a Kevin figure. Just grab a Star Trek Voyager Tom Paris figure and use his head on another body. I can't imagine how he'd fit in with MOTUC with his normal human proportions though. A muscle-bound Kevin would look just silly.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    If it was previously released I'm sure it'll get resculpted and released in Classic form. New characters may be out of the question or maybe not but I doubt Mattel will skip the chance to resculpt and release Classic versions of any figures - it's not like the MOTUC line is failing despite poor QC isssues.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Now, what is Mattel's current position about the movie characters ? I think they said that these were "not currently available" because they don't have the rights of the movie... But I believe they still have the rights over the 1980's produced toys, right (which would mean Saurod, Blade and Gwildor) ?
    That is correct.
    Bill :: guitargod694