Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 Movie figs in MotUC?

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Wait a sec...Why did the rights get transferred to WB? I haven't read through much of this thread so I'm sorry if I missed the reason. Didn't MGM have them? Does this change make it harder for Mattel to get the rights since presumably they've been trying to get them from MGM all along?
    It appears that MGM was a distributor for the film in the USA in 1987. The worldwide theatrical and home video rights (as well as international TV rights) to a majority of Cannon's product are owned by MGM. However, theatrical and home video rights to most Cannon films made after 1987 are now with Warner Brothers (these include Masters of the Universe and Little Dorrit.) I took a look at the MGM website, and they have no mention of Masters of the Universe in their vaults.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    It wouldn't be hard to customize a Kevin figure. Just grab a Star Trek Voyager Tom Paris figure and use his head on another body. I can't imagine how he'd fit in with MOTUC with his normal human proportions though. A muscle-bound Kevin would look just silly.
    You know, just the other day I was looking on Ebay for a Tom Paris figure to customize. The problem is this: Are there any Tom Paris figures that would be close in size to a MOTU figure? No one wants a Kevin who is ripped with muscles, HAHA... but it would be good if he was the right height.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; December 30, 2009 at 12:49pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I think they should really go after the rights for Lubic! He is the #1 priority.

1. Lubic
    2. Karg
    3. Skeletor (regular and golden god)
    4. He-Man
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Well, what about those of us that want him? How about you just skip that month?
    Would if I had a choice since I am getting the subscription if he's part of it I have no choice. Best believe though when I get him he's as good as sold. "Legend" reject

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Would if I had a choice since I am getting the subscription if he's part of it I have no choice. Best believe though when I get him he's as good as sold. "Legend" reject
    ' "Legend" reject' what?

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    ' "Legend" reject' what?
    The Movie by Ridley Scott... LEGEND...starred Tom Cruise before he became a big-time star.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Movie charcacters

Does anyone else want to see the following figures in MOTUC, from the 1987 film? I feel we could tie them in with the Cosmic Key and Marlena being from Earth. I know we will eventually and hopefully get Gwildor, Saurod, and Blade, but I woul dlove to see the film represented. Any ideas if they need the studios rights or the actors rights?

1)Lubic
    2)Julie
    3)Kevin
    4)Flogg
    and movie variants of He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Duncan, Sorceress, and Beast Man.
    Good Journey

Mattel has told us that these characters are not available for the MOTUC line, unless the rights are eventually granted.

The only characters they can make from the movie are the three that had figures in the 80's, which are GWILDOR, SAUROD, and BLADE.

BLADE is on my top ten list for this line... Just try to buy one of him off ebay for under $40... just you try!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Blade is a must. Had that figure as a child. A must for the MOTUC line.

Blade and Saurod maybe, Gwildor NO - I just don't like him, thought he was annoying.

Saurod and Blade would be nice. If it were possible for them to get the rights to the He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man, Teela, and Man-at-Arms, I'd like to see those too. Gwildor I really don't think I want. Probably wouldn't buy any of the other characters either.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I'll take Blade, Saurod, Karg, Gwildor and a Lubic figure please. if they release a Kevin and Julie i'll get them but they are not a great demand for me.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

I still have my old Blade, Saurod,and Gwildor figures,but I doubt I will buy them again if they are given the Classics treatment....I still find it odd,that out of MOTU's large roster of characters to choose from,they had to create these guys for the motion picture!

Zero intrest in the movie stuff, probably would rank the lowest with me for source material. But I do Like Blade he's just cool looking badguy to me, and i think he fits in fine with the line.

Not big on the Saurod, but i do think the horsemen could make it pretty cool.

I prefer to see figure based on the 1987 movie compare to the NA series. SO YES go on with saurod-blade-karg and please ... a 12 inch SKELETOR

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    ANYONE but Lubic! I've stated before that Out of all the different MOTU related storylines, Lubic is the one character I would not buy given the Classics treatment. Worst character in the movie. Even worse than Julie, Kevin, and Gwildor combined.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    ANYONE but Lubic! I've stated before that Out of all the different MOTU related storylines, Lubic is the one character I would not buy given the Classics treatment. Worst character in the movie. Even worse than Julie, Kevin, and Gwildor combined.
    There is no need to make any of the earth characters, they have no special powers, would never stand up to any to the snake men, evil warroirs, horde, so why even waste a figure on them. the only characters worth making are gwildor( although not much playability with him, do a two pack with orko give him revelent bio something to do with three towers) blade and Saurod. The Only Character i would love to see made into plastic is Karg, he should have come out as a figure back in the eighties.thats the only character Mattel should spend any time pursuing. Screw Varients, they waste a month where we can get a figure that we haven't gotten yet, if anything make all the varients you want once and only once all the characters that exist are made, otherwise this line will suffer the same fate as 2002 line!

i wish we could have them all
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Lubic, Karg, He-Man, and both version of Skeletors would be awesome. They should go after the rights to for them.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I like some of the movie designs.

The Skeletor custom created by one of our Orgers is magnificent:

I kinda liked He-mans outfit too:

I can't wait for figures of Gwildor, Saurod, and Blade.

I would love to be able to get Lubic, Julie, and Kevin, as well as movie costumed Teela, Duncan (even a gray repaint, although I would prefer the silver Snake Armor version of MAA), He-Man, and Skeletor (both black cloak and god versions).

I don't care if I never get Karg, though. He's the only MOTU character I just don't care for much. I even like Imp more.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Would you like a Movie Skeletor with this sword?

Would it be a great variant...

Where is Skeletor Movie Sword?

As we can see here Skeletor had a Sword in the 87 Movie... where is it today?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=188042
    Last edited by Ulisses31; May 15, 2010 at 03:34pm.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Yes I would like a TRU 2 pack style of movie He-Man and Skeletor. I'd even pay the $60 for that! Really! If they were a full new sculpt and had all the details with their weapons, it would be great.

I'd really like to see Mattel license out to one of the companies that does the sword replicas. Like how we saw the G.I.Joe swords, they could do Skeletor's staff and He-Man's sword from the cartoon/classics line first. After that if they sold well enough to do so, then we could see the movie version of both of those swords. Follow that up with the 200x versions. From that they could start doing other weapons if all of it was still selling well enough.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

That's an easy YES!!!

Yes. Very much yes. Ideally I'd like them to take a page from the recent Wal-mart Iron Man 2 figures and give us interchangable hands as well. While I don't need it on every figure, for some reason it seems like a must IMHO for movie figures.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I'd prefer no movie characters or designs at all, thanks.