Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 Movie figs in MotUC?

movie he-man and skeletor could be a good idea to do down the road, but thats it....no stupid gwildor with pink cadillac two pack etc

Figures from the movie would be great. Maybe as a bonus figure or something that way people could pick up only the figures they want or no figures at all if they don't care for them.

Heroic Warrior
    I think if they slotted any of these guys in, with the exception of Blade, Sauron, Gwildor and potentially Karg (who never had a figure made and thus I would be interested to see), I'd be willing to bet they'd be done as bonus figures rather than as a monthly slot. I'd definitely buy the Ceremonial Armor Skeletor and the Evil Lyn, as those two kicked @ss.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    the movie itself and the figures could fit in the bios. after skeletor defeats hordak and the horde he gains all the technology and horde warriors upgrades the horde troopers to become the movie stormtroopers and gains new allies in saurod karg and blade who loses his eye in a fight with he-man. there is nothing in the movie that goes against the bio's so far and until then as far as im concerned its canon (give or take a couple of tweaks)
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    the movie itself and the figures could fit in the bios. after skeletor defeats hordak and the horde he gains all the technology and horde warriors upgrades the horde troopers to become the movie stormtroopers and gains new allies in saurod karg and blade who loses his eye in a fight with he-man. there is nothing in the movie that goes against the bio's so far and until then as far as im concerned its canon (give or take a couple of tweaks)
    Great Avatar! I remember that issue fondly!

Hell, they'd be cooler than the regular figs!!!!!!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    My thoughts exactly! The 1987 movie could totally fit in with MOTUC. Even the change in appearance of Castle Greyskull could probably be explained away (...protective armor installed by Man-at-Arms to protect the ancient castle after numerous attacks by Skeletor and Hordak, for example...)
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    how about this: blade was a mercenery working for the evil horde on etheria.
    on one of he-man's many trips to see she-ra he came across a raiding party taking slaves the leader of this party was blade after a grueling fight with neither side willing to give ground something happens with blade losing concentration and he-man slashes his face
    blade runs off screaming revenge and when skeletor gains power over the horde he joins up willingly in order to finally defeat he-man and pay him back for the loss of his eye
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I would go for the movie versions as well. Add in some army builders of the enternia guards and skeletors storm troopers. Hopefully mattel will come out with these.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I was just listening to the newest Masters of the Universe Chronicles. It's a commentary on the 1987 movie.

It's a shame that the MOTUC budget isn't enough so that they can get the rights to THIS movie, instead of Back to the Future, where Mattel is hesitant to make the Delorean.

Question: Do masked or heavily made up non-human characters (Gwildor, Skeletor, Beastman, Saurod, Karg) need the actor's consent, since you're making the character itself, rather than the actor in the makeup?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

i really wish they could work out the movie rights. I would love so many of those versions.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

There are two AMAZING Skeletor variants just begging to get made from that movie. You are right... it doesn't make sense that they can't make a Skelly from the movie... they have rights to the character! Wish they could make the evil army from that movie.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Question: Do masked or heavily made up non-human characters (Gwildor, Skeletor, Beastman, Saurod, Karg) need the actor's consent, since you're making the character itself, rather than the actor in the makeup?
    IDK the answer to your question, but I'm going to guess that since those characters do not bear a resemblance to the actors that portrayed them, no likeness rights would be necessary.

My guess is that Mattel needs the rights to the designs. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no legal hurdles for Mattel to overcome in producing those characters, but rather their paranoid (maybe incompetent) legal team is making up legal concerns that aren't real.

For characters like He-man, they would for sure have to pay Dolph to do a likeness of his face.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'd love to have:

- Movie He-Man
    - Movie MAA
    - Movie Teela
    - Gwildor
    - Lubic (as a SDCC exclusive like Molar)
    - Kevin & Julie (No. don't like)
    - Movie Skeletor
    - Gold God Skeletor
    - Movie Evil-Lyn
    - Movie Beastman
    - Black armored soldiers (Army Builder)
    - Karg
    - Blade
    - Saurod

I love the how the characters look. Very futuristic. This would be a fun chapter of motu to visit. It would work great. Just not the traveling to Earth thing. But I do like the time traveling cosmic key though.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey, I wonder if when Toy Guru said we would find out about Earth soon enough in the MOTUC bios, if it might have something to do with a Gwildor, Blade, or Saurod figure coming out in 2011 (and not Queen Marlena) and mentioning their exploits on Earth. Like, maybe on Blade or Saurod's bios, it would mention how they were part of Skeletor's elite squad that was sent to Earth to obtain the 2nd cosmic key from the Masters of the Universe. A very nice, vague use of the movie's plot line when dealing with their bios if they don't have access of the movie's storyline
    Last edited by grenadaspice; December 28, 2010 at 07:57pm.

oh, yeah I can see that. It would make sense at this point. yes Earth was mentioned & we are getting a cosmic key. Gwildor!

Heroic Warrior
    I have to have "Blade". I had him as a kid and my collection wouldn't be complete without him. As for Skeletor and He-man I'm sure mattel will feed you some bs about how the 1987 movie style is retired and the current figures are the same thing without all the detail and there's no need for a movie version.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I'd love to have:

- Movie He-Man
    - Movie MAA
    - Movie Teela
    - Gwildor
    - Lubic (as a SDCC exclusive like Molar)
    - Kevin & Julie (No. don't like)
    - Movie Skeletor
    - Gold God Skeletor
    - Movie Evil-Lyn
    - Movie Beastman
    - Black armored soldiers (Army Builder)
    - Karg
    - Blade
    - Saurod

I love the how the characters look. Very futuristic. This would be a fun chapter of motu to visit. It would work great. Just not the traveling to Earth thing. But I do like the time traveling cosmic key though.

Oh hell yeah! I'd love to have all that too in MOTUC.
    Specially the black armored soldiers.
    I wish they had the rights.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    what about Pigboy, or whatever the chrarcters name was?
    Does Galactus fart?

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    what about Pigboy, or whatever the chrarcters name was?
    Pigboy's name was "Pigboy" in the main credits, but when they were creating the character for the film, his name was Mata-Shai. The director called him Pigboy for the credits because he was never referred to as Mata-Shai in the film, and he thought the name would confuse the audience so he went with a physical description instead.

It would be cool to get a figure of him, but it would probably still be a rights issue. Hopefully that can get resolved.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; December 29, 2010 at 11:32am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Pigboy's name was "Pigboy" in the main credits, but when they were creating the character for the film, his name was Mata-Shai. The director called him Pigboy for the credits because he was never referred to as Mata-Shai in the film, and he thought the name would confuse the audience so he went with a physical description instead.

It would be cool to get a figure of him, but it would probably still be a rights issue. Hopefully that can get resolved.
    In the credits, they could've said "Mata-Shai, the Pigboy".
    Does Galactus fart?

Speaking of Pigboy... for those who missed out on it the first time around...

http://he-man.org:81/forums/boards/s...d.php?t=192396

great photos.
    I didn't know about that character. Pingboy must have been at the very beginning of the film. when Skeletors troops were rounding up Eternians.

SDCC Major announcements.

While I hope and think one of the announcements will be FILMation/Jetlag rights, am I the only one hoping to see them announce the rights to the 1987 film? There are plenty of designs and a few characters that would be great to finally get in figure form.
    Good Journey

Quote Originally Posted by JRLTML View Post
    am I the only one hoping to see them announce the rights to the 1987 film? There are plenty of designs and a few characters that would be great to finally get in figure form.
    no - you're not the only one!! ... count me in too! ... ten-fold!! ...

the '87 movie is one of my favourite parts, if not the, of the MOTU world ...

i totally agree with your post ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION