Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 Movie figs in MotUC?

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I'd buy the He-Man, and Skeletor for sure. Those two versions would be awesome variants.

I can't wait for some movie characters. Not really interested in He-man and Skeletor varients but bring on Saurod and Blade etc.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'd like the variants & the others... just not the earth kids & that lubic.

1987 Movie Rights In MOTUC

having seen all the awesome reveals from sdcc 2011 this weekend, i was personally disappointed to learn that mattel hadn't been able to secure the rights to the 1987 movie catalogue ...

so i was wondering ...

• are mattel continuing to persue this still?
    • what, specifically, did mattel try and gain access to?
    • would fans feel, that given the filmation rights acquisition, that potential '87 movie characters could fit in to the MOTUC line?

TG - if you get chance to read this, your thoughts would be awesome too! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I was really bummed to hear this. I love the 87 movie and really want characters from it. Lubic, Karg, Skeletor's black-suited soldiers, and god-Skeletor would be great.

My most-wanted character is Gwildor, and I'm glad he is still available.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

As I see it, to get movie rights it would have to be part of a larger deal. Just like Filmation deal was. The group that made the movie is no more, rights are with probably with some holding company or lawyers. It is a hassle and simply to get few figures done from the movie does not justify time and money it would require.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    The group that made the movie is no more,
    is that golan globus you refer to? ... or rather, cannon films ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Didn't Cannon go to WB?

Tmc1984, I'm always with you when it comes to 1987 movie rights. I so want a Langella Skeletor!! I'd trade in Filmation rights for movie rights any day!

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Tmc1984, I'm always with you when it comes to 1987 movie rights. I so want a Langella Skeletor!! I'd trade in Filmation rights for movie rights any day!
    i would too! ... and that is in no means a disrespect to mattel/fans of filmation - i'm happy for you guys ... the thing is, the movie meant more to me growing up than the cartoon did ...

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I hope that we do get figures based on the movie beyond the original three someday. (I would rather they fit stylistically with the current line, of course, rather than have actor likenesses.) I'm dying for Julie, Kevin, Lubic, and movie versions of the others... I'd even take Karg.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'd trade in Filmation ānd Jetlag rights for movie rights
    Imagine having one of these on your shelf:

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

[QUOTE=Crusader;2771113]I'd trade in Filmation ānd Jetlag rights for movie rights
    Imagine having one of these on your shelf:[QUOTE]

Wow!! That is so cool!! I so want that!

Imagine that, a fellow Belgian who likes not only MOTU but the movie as well!!! What are the odds?!

Imagine that, a fellow Belgian who likes not only MOTU but the movie as well!!! What are the odds?!
    They are very small indeed
    Still, back in the day He-Man was quite big in Belgium, every kid in the kindergarden had them. I wonder why there are so few Belgian fans out there ... maybe because 200X never really took off in toy stores and the MYP cartoon on VT4 was discontinued rather quickly
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I was disappointed to see no movie characters revealed. It seems to be the only part of MOTU history not represented in classics yet (apart from the cosmic key)
    I had hoped to see Saurod, Blade or Gwildor revealed.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I really hope they find a way to bring movie figures into MOTUC.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    They are very small indeed
    Still, back in the day He-Man was quite big in Belgium, every kid in the kindergarden had them. I wonder why there are so few Belgian fans out there ... maybe because 200X never really took off in toy stores and the MYP cartoon on VT4 was discontinued rather quickly
    Indeed, it was popular in the 80's but I know of very few adult MOTU collectors.

I'd definitely take a Movie Langella Skeletor. I don't want Star Wars knockoff vehicles or Storm Troopers in black.

It would completely astonish me if Mattel wasn't pursuing the '87 movie rights. The day and age we live in now is where things are multimedia properties, and Mattel is starting to realize that.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sure Mattel is pursuing the movie rights. Perhaps acquisition of them will be the big announcement next year!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    is that golan globus you refer to? ... or rather, cannon films ...
    I was thinking of Cannon Group, but it seems I am wrong unless Wikipedia lies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cannon_Group

Interesting that they resurrected in 2011!

i hope they get them i want a movie Sorceress.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I have a response to this.

If they don't already have the rights I do believe they will by next years SDCC. They need something to have as the big announcement for next year. They could have had the flimation rights for a long time. I mean Catra is right out of the cartoon. Figures are made months before they are actually sold. So even if we go with Marlena she was thought of and made at least id say 6 months ago. From pencil on Papper to the finished product. What I'm trying to say is they probably had the Flimation rights a lot longer then they have been truthful about.

So if they don't have them. After seeding the success of this line and now that the owner of Flimation jumped aboard. The 87 movie owner will be soon or already. This line is more successful th Mattel will ever own up too. We will have those figures one day. Flimation rights are probably harder to obtain. And they got them.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    This is the next obstacle for Mattle, but I wonder how much of a priority this would be for them. It would be nice to have movie versions of He-man and Skeletor, but what can you really get out of the movie?

Karg would be cool and a movie Evil-lyn, but I think you still have to get the actors to agree.

I know is somebody posted Lubic figure, there would be the 1000+ "I love Lubic. They got to make a figure out of Lubic. The line isn't complete without Lubic, etc, etc, etch."
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I LOVE that everyone chanted for Lubic at the panel. Well done guys, well done.

I'd imagine this "in the works" MOTU movie is our only chance of getting the 87 movie rights. If they are sinking lots of cash into making a movie, the might want to cover all their bases and make sure they own their entire property.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow I'm surprised there is so much support for the movie??? I just have always felt it was extremely lackluster and a very poor story with little "Masters" feel to it. I'm excited to see Blade and Saurod however when the 4 horsemen get to them.