Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 Movie figs in MotUC?

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Skeletor's design was awesome, but you can't enjoy it in the movie because of the light, the movement ant the quality of the image. Having a motion picture Skelly is the best option to enjoy the views

And if we had a Skeletor we should have a He-Man as well as the three original figures. Lubick rules, but I don't want a figure
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

That is so awesome! I wish they could make movie figures. I wish i could make a figure like that but it is not happening.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I would probably buy some of the 1987 movie figures, but in all honesty I think we are more likely to get new figures from the new motu movie that is slated for 2011 before ones from 1987. I have a feeling, especially if the movie is a success, that He man will be back on store shelves when the new movie comes out. And hopefully with the success of MOTUC, the movie characters will be more closely stylized toward that look rather than some of the other variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    Skeletor's design was awesome, but you can't enjoy it in the movie because of the light, the movement ant the quality of the image. Having a motion picture Skelly is the best option to enjoy the views
    Yeah, I remeber that was my biggest problem! My love for the movie was pretty simple back in the day: Skeletor was awesome! Like you said, though, he was so hard to see! On top of that, all I had was a taped copy that had been recorded from TV, so the quality was horrible!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I would love a God Skeletor!

went through these pages looking for someone else thingking the same thing....
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    That movie Skeletor looks awesome. Seeing him in figure form, he almost looks like he could be a separate character to Skeletor, like the evil ruler of Despondos (or whatever the dimension was originally called), the dimension where Skeletor originally came from in the mini comic "He-Man and the Power Sword." He makes the mini comic (and even Filmation) Skeletor look more like one of his generals.
    Thanks, yep the demension was Despondos. I always liked the concept of an entire race of Skeletor's lurking somwhere out there... that'd be horrifying. And, movie Skells was always regal looking.... very shiney.

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    went through these pages looking for someone else thingking the same thing....
    Damn! That is a SICK 200X re-design! now THAT would be a cool figure.
    Last edited by jinzin; March 21, 2009 at 10:44am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    See, i wish they weren't dead set against action features...I LOVED Sauron's sparking "laser" feature he had. Blade with the possibility that the figures have now would be awesome.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by jinzin View Post
    Thanks, yep the demension was Despondos. I always liked the concept of an entire race of Skeletor's lurking somwhere out there... that'd be horrifying.
    Actually, wasn't it called Ifinitia? though it was never really called by name on the show itself...
    Despondos was where Hordak was trapped in, on the myp series.
    As for Skeletor being from a race of 'skeletors'...no I don't like that idea one bit. I like the motu characters to be unique (for the most part), and I like the myp origin 100x more. i like skeletor to be a one of a kind creation, not some random demon from another world....
    Same with he-man...one of a kind; not a member of a cavemen tribe, or carbon copy of an ancestor.
    some characters can be part of a race, imo, but not the main two. If that were the case, then any caveman guy can put on the armor & be He-man, or any random demon from wherever can come to eternia and be skeletor. I wouldn't want motu to turn into the 'clone' wars, with hundreds of 'he-mans' fighting hundreds of 'Skeletors', although that would be interesting.
    to each his own though...

Actually, Skeletor did come from a race, when he was known as Keldor. But imo Skeletor should be a one of a kind individual.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Was it? In the original mini?

Meh I still like the concept. It always made Skeletor more fleshed out than cliche' IMO.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by jinzin View Post
    Was it? In the original mini?

Meh I still like the concept. It always made Skeletor more fleshed out than cliche' IMO.
    ehh, imo, having skeletor as part of a race makes him cliche', since so many other characters are also 'part of a race'. The 'keldor' story makes him more unique, gives him a history/backstory, & a relationship with the heroes, and a reason for being. If he's just another 'demon from another world' he may as well be Dragoon, sh'gora, Krull, or any of a number of other demons in the motu mythos. that's what I'd call cliche'.

imo, the keldor origin is 100x more 'fleshed out' & original, than the demon from another world origin. Just my honest opinion.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Actually there never really was a name for Skellies home demension, in the mini comic he just calls it another demension

Well, it is true that the dimension didn't have a name. But Infinitia existed (as Skeletor's home planet if I remember right) in the Filmation Bible, even if it was eventually forgot in the actual show.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Lubic has a cult following? Why?
    Because Lubic didn't take any crap and he decided to immigrate to Eternia like a lot of us would given the choice. Still Principle Strickland er' Lubic was a fun character. Given the movie as a whole he fit the goofy feel of it perfectly.
    Boomskakalaka!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Well, it is true that the dimension didn't have a name. But Infinitia existed (as Skeletor's home planet if I remember right) in the Filmation Bible, even if it was eventually forgot in the actual show.
    You of course are correct again Emiliano!! It would have been nice if thy could have kept the character back stories more consistent though, from the books to the comics to the cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Because Lubic didn't take any crap and he decided to immigrate to Eternia like a lot of us would given the choice. Still Principle Strickland er' Lubic was a fun character. Given the movie as a whole he fit the goofy feel of it perfectly.
    Exactly!
    And those are the reasons I joined the cult of Lubic a few years back!

Lubic is quite wickedly awesome! What has that actor been doing lately anyhow?

I prefer to think that Demo-Man came from Infinitia, myself. Or maybe Despondos... Hmmm...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Lubic is the man!

Heroic Warrior
    This probably belongs on the custom figures forum, but since this is the MOTUC forum and I got this pic from mattycollector's Facebook page, i though I'd post it here. Never was a fan of the movie version of Skeletor, but after seeing this, I think I've changed my mind...

More pics, including gold version...

Found these pics of He-Man on mattycollector's Facebook page as well. What do you all think...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by guitargod694; April 9, 2009 at 12:29pm. Reason: back to back

Court Magician
    I was under the impression they couldn't make a movie He-man figure.

This was actually done by one of the forum members here, jinzin. He has a ton more pics in the Customs Forum along with his Movie Skeletor. These are freaking sweet though!

GR81 says:

Wow... those are awesome.
    Since there are so many rules in the MOTU world, can Mattel make those figs ?
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Yes.

I'd be down with some "Movie Masters" He-Man and Skeletor figs.

I've always liked those designs and would LOVE a version of He-Man's movie sword.

All in all I'd love seven of the movie figs... And they are core characters:

- He-Man
    - Skeletor
    - Beastman
    - Man-At-Arms
    - Teela
    - Evil Lyn
    - Sorceress

While I've expressed my grief with Teela's movie design, she'd still make a great fig for a small series of "Movie Masters".

Don't know if it'll ever happen though, I thought I read somewhere that they didn't have rights to the movie designs or some such thing? I hope I'm wrong.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

GR81 says:

Awesome
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Heroic Warrior
    love it!!! dunno if i'd buy it cuz i'm not into variants, but i love the movie (especially frank langella's skeletor) and this is a stellar custom.

I would buy those 2 figures over anything they have released thus far. I wish we could get movie figures.