Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1987 Movie figs in MotUC?

This is what mattel should have given us!!;)

THANX TO MEMBER, JINZIN:WHO HAS THESE NOW ON EBAY!!! AMAZING!!! THESE ID BUY IN A SECOND!!
    Last edited by CYBERHORDAK; April 20, 2009 at 09:30pm.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Wow! Those are awesome! They make the movie even seem awesome. Well done!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Does anyone, besides me, hope to see Frank Langella as Skeletor, and Dolph Lundgren as He-man the in MotUC line? I hate that movie, but for some reason I'd love to have toys from it. Even less likely, but no less awesome would be toys of Evil-lyn, Sorceress, Man-at-arms, Teela, etc. (sorry no Blade, Karg or Gwildor love from me. None for Lubic either. Blech!)

Would these even be possible, I mean does Mattel have the rights to make toys based on those designs?

IMO, the 87 movie figures couldn't be nearly as bad as the He-Ro figure lined up for comic con, which I don't care for

Quote Originally Posted by batros79 View Post
    IMO, the 87 movie figures couldn't be nearly as bad as the He-Ro figure lined up for comic con, which I don't care for
    GREAT POINT!!! SELL OUTS FOR SURE!!

They can only make figures based on toys made previously (at least at this point). Unfortunate, but true. This is covered earlier in the thread...

Those customs are fantastic, aren't they?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Man I hope that's not true. Were the 4 Horsemen premature when they left the door open for movie figures in the 2008 toyfare interview?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by batros79 View Post
    You're kind of right, except that the He-ro figure is incredible!

So are these movie figs!! And im not really a fan of the movie but Id buy these!!

Heroic Warrior
    Those customs are truly excellent and absolutely sick. The head sculpt on Skeletor looks straight out of the movie.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not one who usually likes customs, but those are awesome!

We should have totally gotten those figures back in the '80's.

The Skeletor looks amazing.

Darth Bong

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    It sucks that we will probably never see a Lubic action figure. He was soooo cool! At the end of the movie, he looked like he was an "Elder" wearing all those robes. If they ever make an Eternian Elder toy (not to be confused with Eldor), I hope he looks likes Lubic. Oh, and he should come with a babe too
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I lve those customs. They get better each time i see them. Hurry up and start working on Lubic!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yeah, those customs are freaking amazing! I would love to own those. It's a shame Mattel will never be able to give them to us.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I would like to see Lubic in the MOTUC line, he is absolutely Classic and that would be a really new toy!

The girl is welcome to!

The "Official" MOTUC Movie Characters Petition
    This is a thread for showing support to the Movie line.

I want to see Characters like Saurod and Blade in the MOTUC line, donīt you?
    That would not be a remake from a remake!! Would be Classic!
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I'd love to have:

- Gwildor with unproduced Cosmic Key
    - Blade
    - Saurod
    - Evil-Lyn
    - Karg (another character to add to the MOTUC Universe. He is a bat-villain with a cool design)
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; May 28, 2009 at 06:19am.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

yes it would be great if these movie skeletor designs were to be done Motuc style!!
    but is there any sort legal problem preventing Mattel to do them in the Motuc line?
    of course i want a saurod too

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I think until we get an actual Lubic figure a head from a DCUC Lex Luthor on some sort of suited body will have to do the trick.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Since Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor have had figures, they can be released in MOTUC, right? I hope that is the case, as I would love a Saurod!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Since Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor have had figures, they can be released in MOTUC, right? I hope that is the case, as I would love a Saurod!
    Yup, they can I think it's been brought up in one of the WTFWTK.
    I too would love to see Saurod... and Blade!!!
    I showed off the Saurod figure to my g/f's 4 year old daughter and she thought it was cool...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Having movie accurate figures is a dream I had for a long time...
    The only other thing I can think of I want more are 12" movie figure, Sideshow-like, with real clothing and chromed armor parts! :-D
    Oh, come on, Emiliano! You're just making this whole thing worse for me! I've thought of the high-end, 12" figure thing too, but due to ownership rights, we'll NEVER see those made. :-( (How can Mattel NOT preserve their right to release ANY version of He-Man or Skeletor that's ever been seen?!? I mean, those characters were CREATED by Mattel, and they're the MAIN CHARACTERS of the entire LINE!!! It makes no sense!! )

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    Why would you make figures from the movie and NOT make He-Man and Skeletor??

I never understood that back in the day, and it would make even less sense now, since they know lots of us have been wanting movie versions of He-Man and Skelly since 1987.

-=SNIP!=-

But they absolutely HAVE to make movie He-Man and Skeletor if they do movie figures in this line. It's been 21 years so far, how much longer do we have to wait?
    22 years, actually! ;-)

And apparently, we have to wait forever and a day, because I feel Mattel really screwed the pooch on this one! :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    As I'd love a full batch of Movie figures (hey, have you seen my avatar?), unfortunately I believe we're very far from them right now.

The movie rights are now in MGM hands and I haven't seen a single Mattel copyright or legal line on the Soundtrack CD just released:-(
    Again, I think whatever Mattel employee is responsible for this really screwed the pooch, and as such, I demand satisfaction!

What is "satisfaction"? Oh, tying the responsible party (or parties) to a post in the middle of town and letting me flog them with a cat o' nine tails made out of RAZOR WIRE would be a good start!

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Movie stuff is brought up in the 4 Horsemen interview. They didn't outright deny it. And the answer made it seem like it could be possible somewhere down the line.

I mean I think this is one of the reasons why the collector oriented site is happening. To make stuff like this. I mean DC Direct started doing tons of everything eventually. I see no reason why not sometime in the future.
    LINK! NOW!!!

(NEVER say you've seen something in an interview without posting a link! That's just impolite! :-P)

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    But why not exclusive or variant movie versions of Skelly and He-Man?
    Again, of ownership rights, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I wouldn't worry. Mattel's Scott Neitlich (toyguru) made it sound like those characters can be made.
    When he answered my question probing for more info on why they wouldn't make movie versions of the characters they CREATED AND OWNED, he sounded pretty clear on the point that they WOULD NOT make them. So, if you've seen evidence to the contrary, please, by all means, post a link for everyone to look at. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehost! View Post
    We already had movie He-man and Skeletor.

They're called Laser Light He-man and Skeletor. Discuss.
    Sadly, you're right. Mattel did release those gimmicky figures as their "movie" versions of the characters. So, what did we get? A He-Man that looks NOTHING like Movie He-Man, with a power sword that looks like it's from New Adventures of He-Man; and a Skeletor that looks like the Skeletor from New Adventures! :-(

Considering that this was several years BEFORE the New Adventures line was thought up, I'm thinking that Mattel did a little recycling of ideas when they decided to send He-Man into space/the future/whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    The question is being asked in the next Q&A. I am eager to hear the answer.
    I'm the one who asked it. In fact, I kept pushing the issue and pushing it until we got an answer. Unfortunately, it was NOT the answer we wanted. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    They CAN make Blade, Saurod and Gwildor in MOTUC. They CAN'T make anyone that never made it into the original line. So He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Teela, the Sorceress, Skeletor (and the God-like Skeletor variant) Beast Man, Evil-Lyn, Karg, Skeletor's troopers, Lubic, Kevin and Julie aren't getting figures until Mattel secures the rights from whomever has them.
    Which may never happen. Why Mattel let those rights go in the first place is quite beyond my capacity. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Nope. Apparently, when Mattel sold the entertainment rights to scrounge up some cash, they lost rights to anything outside the action figure lines, the mini-comics (and only those things that originated there can be used; later incorporation of Filmation concepts into some minis is out) or the 2002 cartoon.

First time I can remember a toy line where the property is owned by the com-pany but so much is off limits to them.
    Well, it's like I keep saying...

I think Mattel really screwed the pooch on this one!

I don't suppose there's any chance of one of the Japanese toy companies (Medicom, perhaps?) doing an end-run around Mattel and releasing some excellent 1:6 scale/12" figures of the movie characters (especially He-Man and Skeletor) is there?

I didn't think so. :-(

P.S. Sorry for writing a BOOK, and apologies for the ranting nature of my post. I'm VERY upset with Mattel because I've been wanting a figure of Dolph Lundgren as He-Man for 22 years, and we're no closer to getting one now than we were in 1987. Mattel has thwarted the idea at every turn with the... questionable decisions they've made over the last 22 years, and it's just beyond frustrating for me.

No offense was intended to anyone, and apologies if I came off like a broken record. :-/
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; June 5, 2009 at 07:47am.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERHORDAK View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/LANCEJAZE/MOTU%20ART/1007727.jpg
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/LANCEJAZE/MOTU%20ART/3eb1_12.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...vieHe-Man3.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../OutSkelly.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...RT/1007719.jpg

THANX TO MEMBER, JINZIN:WHO HAS THESE NOW ON EBAY!!! AMAZING!!! THESE ID BUY IN A SECOND!!
    These are awesome but did he enlarge and paint those nipples on He-man?

Oh and I too think a Sideshow Collectables 87 movie He-man and Skeletor would be flippen awesome!!

Now Mattel says they don't own the movie design rights, so this is something that at least possible.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    These are awesome but did he enlarge and paint those nipples on He-man?

Oh and I too think a Sideshow Collectables 87 movie He-man and Skeletor would be flippen awesome!!

Now Mattel says they don't own the movie design rights, so this is something that at least possible.
    nice! maybe we should petition Sideshow?
    Id LOVE a movie Beastman,Evil lyn and God skeletor but I think the figure I would most like is 'Crystal Sorceress' No birds head, no snakes head just an etherial Ice woman. It always bugged me that we didnt see more of her in the film. so heres hopin some day we will see them all!
    Aj

Why Mattel never did a "God Skeletor" after this filmt was released is beyond me. that is my favorite incarnation of Skelly
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

I wonder how much it would cost Mattel to secure the 1987 movie rights back from MGM. Or, at least get the rights to release action figures based on the designs. Dang, I want a figure of every one of them!

BTW: I always thought about doing a custom movie-design Castle Grayskull with an old Central Tower (Eternia playset.) I think it would work, and if Mattel could release the movie figures, it would give me more incentive to do it.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I think I'm right here - but do correct me, everybody, where I am extremely wrong!
    Warner own the movie now, while Mattel own the rights to the movie characters - it is only with Filmation originated characters (Orko, Madame Razz, Fang Man), currently owned by 'Hallmark' where a problem lies, which means the Mattel canon for He-Man, apart from the basics (Adam into He-Man, Randor being king etc) differs significantly in detail from the Filmation one.
    The way I understand it is, you will see a 'Lubic' MOTUC figure before you ever see 'Orko'.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"