Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You know I just thought of something else with this cut tape...

You know I just thought of something else with this cut tape...

What if it's the shipping services (UPS, USPS) doing it? Think about it. They put it through their X-Ray or whatever, see the electronics/wires/etc, open it to check out what the story is. Nowadays I'd buy that story in a minute.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Warrior
    I doubt they would have to open every single box in a shipment. I had 3 and all three were opened and re-sealed. If it was the shipping service, their curiosity could have been satisfied with the opening of one box. Mine were opened before shipping.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Minor View Post
    ...mine were opened before shipping.
    Agreed, that's 100% BS!
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Geez, calm down, it was just an idea... I'm not on anybody's side here.. I got 3 KGs myself, and one of the had KG totally loose inside the inner box. Gah...

Who actually ships these. If digital river is handling the product shipping as well, it could be rogue DR employees that happened to go on Ebay and type in King Grayskull. It could also be rogue Mattel employees that trying to scalp them on ebay. I ordered 3 KG's in order to get the varient, so if I get mine and they are opened I will be returning them.
    My Vintage MOTU Want List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=160111
    My Others Want List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169076
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Vintage MOC and MISB For Sale:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...FA-and-non-AFA

Well, seeing as the 2nd layer of tape is the same as the first, it would be hard to believe that they got retaped past the point they were originally taped.

I got 3 in hopes of getting the variant as well. If it comes out that somebody went through them purposely to knock down our chances of getting a variant... grrr...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    Geez, calm down, it was just an idea...
    and a good idea!

hahaha, I'm not all riled up or anything. I wasn't saying your statement was BS, I was noting that Onyx Minor's situation was BS. I know exactly what you are saying, I've seen similar things happen through shipping. And I think it's awesome that you are looking for an alternate solution. I do however think there is something fowl in the air with this whole thing, BUT, I totally hope not.

Sorry hommie, didn't mean to sound like that at all, I'll keep a watch on that stuff, and be more specific about my intentions next time. You is my boy! I love everybody from Trolla!

peace
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Logic dictates that if "rogue employees" are stealing your variants, wouldn't there not be enough figures to fill your orders? Honestly guys use your heads here a bit.

If these "rogue employees" went through sooo many orders and stole all the variant King Grayskulls, you'd have hundreds of people's orders screwed up. That's just not the case.

The most likely scenario involves the tape becoming broken as tape OFTEN does on boxed items and being retaped by GOOD employees that were instructed to retape the tops of the boxes so that the Castle Grayskull pieces didn't become damaged in shipping.

Buying 3 or 13 King Grayskulls does not, nor did it ever, guarntee you a variant King Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    and a good idea!

hahaha, I'm not all riled up or anything. I wasn't saying your statement was BS, I was noting that Onyx Minor's situation was BS. I know exactly what you are saying, I've seen similar things happen through shipping. And I think it's awesome that you are looking for an alternate solution. I do however think there is something fowl in the air with this whole thing, BUT, I totally hope not.

Sorry hommie, didn't mean to sound like that at all, I'll keep a watch on that stuff, and be more specific about my intentions next time. You is my boy! I love everybody from Trolla!

peace

Heh, it's cool.. Also my bad for not reading exactly right. I do that sometimes.

I just hope we can all get our KGs and look foward to the rest of this line. I was just hoping for a bronze or two. Now I gotta hunt them down.

Who says the hunt is dead because this line is online only?!

If one guy opened about 10-20 KG's and stole 3 variants I don't think that would mess with the numbers that bad. One guy said the tab was ripped, so the item was opened not just re-taped. Many of use had returned orders or canceled orders, what happened to those KG's? I have 6 on order and the canceled 3 of them, so they will have extras. I am not the only buyer who had this happen. Also they could claim 'lost in shipping.' I said ROGUE employees not EVERY employee. It could be one dude that just opened a few. He ordered 3 and all three were opened? That seems unlikely, use your head!

Edit: I am not going to return them and be like 'GRRRR I DIDNT GET TEH VARIANT' I am going to return them if they are OPENED because I payed for MINT IN SEALED BOX.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Logic dictates that if "rogue employees" are stealing your variants, wouldn't there not be enough figures to fill your orders? Honestly guys use your heads here a bit.

If these "rogue employees" went through sooo many orders and stole all the variant King Grayskulls, you'd have hundreds of people's orders screwed up. That's just not the case.

The most likely scenario involves the tape becoming broken as tape OFTEN does on boxed items and being retaped by GOOD employees that were instructed to retape the tops of the boxes so that the Castle Grayskull pieces didn't become damaged in shipping.

Buying 3 or 13 King Grayskulls does not, nor did it ever, guarntee you a variant King Grayskull.
    My Others Want List:

There wasn't enough to fill orders. That's why they are canceling orders now, and I'm not talking about double orders. People who just ordered 1 are getting their order cancelled.

As far as the tape goes...all 4 peices of tape on my 3 Grayskulls (12 total) were broke and retaped. I'd buy a couple or five being broke but all 12. Then there is the matter of the ripped tabs.

It may not be a rogue employee, it could be from returns for exchanges at the SDCC. Either way unacceptable.

That's why I'm returning mine. My continuing with MOTUC all depends on how Mattel handles this.
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe they mixed the second Ghost of Grayskull version with the rest of the boxes, by accident of course. When they realised their mistake, they knew it was too late, since many orders were already handed out. But hope was not completely lost. Therefore, in the darkest our of the night, every Mattel employee equipped him- or herself with a sharp knife and opened all the boxes in stock in order to prevent the worst. But it was too late and now they had the bitter proof.

Tomorrow I will get my last KG Box, open it and then I will be the second luckiest customer, apart from the raffle winner. But I will be in a heavy mood, since I will feel like the one to be responsible for the cancelling of the Dream Halloween fund raising event. So I will send it back... , but will take loads of pictures with me and the ghost first! What a day this will be!

If these "rogue employees" went through sooo many orders and stole all the variant King Grayskulls, you'd have hundreds of people's orders screwed up. That's just not the case...
    I like where you're going w/ this indeed, and have the belief that most people want to be honest. I believe if there are "rouge employees," they shouldn't make a huge mess, and it might be like one guy, if any I mean. I am still waiting on my order, the one that wasn't cancelled that is. So even if they are not stealing "hundreds," there is a large percentage of people who have yet to get their order to see if they were screwed up or not, so that's data we can't exactly reference. It may be these people that are the ones screwed... dun-dun-dun!

Seriously though, I'm sure the majority of people will get there variant figure just fine, but for the peeps that wanted sealed figures, you might need to talk w/ Matty about that one, because I bet there are some collectors that keep their boxes sealed. Not me though, KG needs to stretch his legs and strike a pose Plus you can't leave a battery in there forever, it will corrode all over the place and make it ugly, right?

Idunno, whatever, at least the regular version is better than the bronze, so some people might want to thank the rouges out there for saving you , but only if you ordered just one.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; August 7, 2008 at 04:39pm. Reason: no edit, but this was old by the time I was done writing it, hot button indeed

If you saw my pics in the other thread for KG you would see that what you just implied isn't even close to the truth. Having not seen the condition some of us have gotten these, you can't really make those claims. Even if what you said is rather amusing.

The tape wasn't "broken" on accident. All three that I got were opened very roughly, then re tapped. They were opened by someone, somewhere, and it wasn't me. Probably not one of those GOOD employees you speak of.

No one ever said just by ordering 3 you would get a variant. That isn't the point. The point is product coming to you in a non new state, which someone else already looked over.

Quote Originally Posted by cilman View Post
    There wasn't enough to fill orders. That's why they are canceling orders now, and I'm not talking about double orders. People who just ordered 1 are getting their order cancelled.

It may not be a rogue employee, it could be from returns for exchanges at the SDCC. Either way unacceptable.

That's why I'm returning mine. My continuing with MOTUC all depends on how Mattel handles this.
    I don't buy the whole "not enough to fill orders" bit. The only people who I've heard of getting their orders cancelled had trouble at the start, and as I've said in the other thread, a lot of these people seem to be calling CS non-stop and while you'd think in theory that's a good thing, I think the more you call and confuse CS reps the more likely you are screwing your order up than helping it.

I haven't heard one story of someone's order getting canceled because of a shortage of figures.

You could be right about it being things that were handled from SDCC, but if tape is going to prevent you from collecting the line, it's not for you anyway.

Not trying to be rude by saying that, but I despise when people complain about shipping damages and such to figures. Sure, if your figure is all f-ed up because of the shipping you have right to complain. But minor knicks, dents, tape being broke, etc, is what happens when items are shipped through the mail. It's not a perfect system and it never will be.

Some people are entirely too anal about that stuff (Not saying you are) but those aren't legitimate complaints. They're looney, fringe complaints. No one in their right mind is buying a KG to keep in box without at least taking the slip cover off. If you're buying one and not planning on opening it up at least up to the point to see which KG you have, then you have personal issues and Mattel can't fix that.

I see both sides well enough I think. And to say that the series isn't for somebody that wants a new looking figure, doesn't know they are for collectors, which mattel already said. They should be well packed, and this should not be an issue.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; August 7, 2008 at 04:49pm. Reason: hahahahaha, I'm just dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    If you saw my pics in the other thread for KG you would see that what you just implied isn't even close to the truth. Having not seen the condition some of us have gotten these, you can't really make those claims. Even if what you said is rather amusing.

The tape wasn't "broken" on accident. All three that I got were opened very roughly, then re tapped. They were opened by someone, somewhere, and it wasn't me. Probably not one of those GOOD employees you speak of.

No one ever said just by ordering 3 you would get a variant. That isn't the point. The point is product coming to you in a non new state, which someone else already looked over.
    Actually someone in this very thread did allude to the fact that if they didn't get a variant because they ordered 3, that they were going to be upset, all based on the assumption that someone is "stealing" the variants.

And I did see your pictures. Nothing in those pictures to me, screamed that anyone did anything to them other then attempt to FIX them. Perhaps sloppily. But these items could have very easily been poorly packed in the first place, the tape busted and the second person to handle them RE-TAPED them.

The first person who packed them could have ripped the tabs.

I'm not sure how that's less plausible than the Bronze Grayskull bandit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I see both sides well enough I think. And to say that the series isn't for somebody that wants a new looking figure, doesn't know what the C stands for in MOTUC. They should be well packed, and this should not be an issue.

No one in this thread has complained about damaged figures. They're complaining that there is TOO MUCH TAPE on their boxes, under the ridiculous assumption that someone is STEALING their variant toys.
    Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; August 7, 2008 at 04:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

GR81 says:

This could happen if the package went thru customs... like for us canadians
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

snip
    Ok I have several problems with your arguments. First off, when Mattel charged me 3 times I figured I should go ahead and call, not wait it out to see what happens. You don't mess with a man money and not expect to get a few phone calls. Its not like I was rude or I called 12 times a day. I called a total of 3 times usually at the REQUEST of a rep from MattyCollector. Also, since when does tape get cut during shipping? I understand minor bumps and bruises, but tape getting cut? All the tape? I cannot stress enough, we purchased stuff to be in a SEALED package, not opened. I also plan on keeping one MISB and I don't think that is too crazy or that mattel should alienate all the MISB collectors.

Oh and I said I would return merchandise that I get that is opened and I would, because I payed for MISB not an opened box. It has nothing to do with not getting the variant I am not a whinny 12 year old.
    My Others Want List:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaundon View Post
    Ok I have several problems with your arguments. First off, when Mattel charged me 3 times I figured I should go ahead and call, not wait it out to see what happens. You don't mess with a man money and not expect to get a few phone calls. Its not like I was rude or I called 12 times a day. I called a total of 3 times usually at the REQUEST of a rep from MattyCollector. Also, since when does tape get cut during shipping? I understand minor bumps and bruises, but tape getting cut? All the tape? I cannot stress enough, we purchased stuff to be in a SEALED package, not opened. I also plan on keeping one MISB and I don't think that is too crazy or that mattel should alienate all the MISB collectors.
    Mattel charging you 3 times has nothing to do with anything I said. Not even close.

You calling 3 times, has NOTHING to do with anything I said.

Needless to say a lot of people who continually hassle CS and speak to a different CS rep every time they call are more than likely complicating their own problems and in some cases accidentally canceling their own orders.

But that has nothing to do with you. Obviously you didn't fit into the catagory of people I was speaking of, so I'm not sure why you responded. You must not have read correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    GR81 says:

This could happen if the package went thru customs... like for us canadians

Very possible.

Though I don't think they would have the same tape just laying around.

And I'm in Chicago, so no customs here

I don't buy the whole "not enough to fill orders" bit. The only people who I've heard of getting their orders cancelled had trouble at the start, and as I've said in the other thread, a lot of these people seem to be calling CS non-stop and while you'd think in theory that's a good thing, I think the more you call and confuse CS reps the more likely you are screwing your order up than helping it.

I haven't heard one story of someone's order getting canceled because of a shortage of figures.

You could be right about it being things that were handled from SDCC, but if tape is going to prevent you from collecting the line, it's not for you anyway.

Not trying to be rude by saying that, but I despise when people complain about shipping damages and such to figures. Sure, if your figure is all f-ed up because of the shipping you have right to complain. But minor knicks, dents, tape being broke, etc, is what happens when items are shipped through the mail. It's not a perfect system and it never will be.

Some people are entirely too anal about that stuff (Not saying you are) but those aren't legitimate complaints. They're looney, fringe complaints. No one in their right mind is buying a KG to keep in box without at least taking the slip cover off. If you're buying one and not planning on opening it up at least up to the point to see which KG you have, then you have personal issues and Mattel can't fix that.
    One Story.....Horatio HellPop had his order cancelled

I understand shipping accidents happen but this was not the case. This was blatant tampering.

I had plans on opening one, keeping one Mint, and giving one to a friend. Oh yeah, I could easily open one now, but the whole Mint thing is out the window and I refuse to hand over a already opened one to a friend (not sure what he wants to do with it).

I paid for a sealed package, I got an opened one. I actually really don't care how or why it happened...it just happened. So,I'm sending it back, that's pretty much it.
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

Maybe I am confused what is CS? I figured you meant the website we ordered from. I think I misunderstood. Regardless this argument is silly because we are arguing things that cannot be proven. It is all speculation at this point.
    My Others Want List:

Hey Cilman, I clearly don't think this line is for us then, since we share the same opinion here

I just can't believe some of the internet arguments I see. Unreal.