Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Characters As Figures -A Must (NOT FILMATION!)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

New Characters As Figures -A Must (NOT FILMATION!)

***Remember folks: Filmation characters who didn't appear first in the toy or mini-comics are off-limits***

Seeing how well King Grayskull sold, Mattel should release more characters who haven't been figures before.

I know they said they will and apparantly they will do 2 next year, but seeing as this line is a collector line, they should do more and not be scared they won't sell.

Count Marzo
    Evilseed
    Hawk
    Green Goddess
    Veena
    Calix
    Marlena
    Adora
    He-Ro
    Eldor
    Dactys
    Ltn. Andra
    Geldor
    Evil Horde Roboto
    Tuvar
    Badhra
    Granita

Chief Carnivus would be easy to make, just use Beastman's body, sculpt a new head and armor.

Also, I had a really good thought, what if there was a Faceles One con exclusive next year similar to King Grayskull in a Zalacia Tomb?
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; July 30, 2008 at 04:06pm.

I'm sure they are gonna ease into the new characters. Im all for it but they want to get the "classics" out first. Thats the vibe I get.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

The 8 back is a nice way of starting the line, bt I think a lot of fans and casual fans would want something 'new' rather than the same lineup and set order we tend to get.

I hope we get surprised a lot - in a good way.

With the way the direction of these new figures is looking, I just don't see how it makes sense to implement MYP or 200X characters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    With the way the direction of these new figures is looking, I just don't see how it makes sense to implement MYP or 200X characters anymore.
    its easy, the myp toon didn't look exactly like the horsemen sculpts they were more cartoony, so the motuc versions would be similar to that a la King Grayskull than they would be similar to the 200x style. i think merman is another good example- he looks (with the second head) more like the MYP 4hm style as the horsemen based him off the card backs in 2002, so they will fit in.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Green Goddess
    Green Goddess
    Green Goddess

He-Ro
    Eldor
    Veena (C'mon the King needs his woman like Barbie "needs" Ken!)
    Granymyr

Illumina
    Illumina
    Illumina
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Green Goddess
    Green Goddess
    Green Goddess

I second that, granted I don't know too much about this particular character but one of the major gripes I had with the original line now that I'm older is how the heck can you have a line of toys with the name 'Masters of the Universe' and only have 3 female figures in the line and only 4 main females in the series? There needed to be more females in the line just to cut down on the Jerry Springer-eqsue holiday and family get togethers.

Not to get too far off topic but what exactly is the difference between Green Goddess' character and the character of the Goddess from the mini/reg comics anyway?

These are all new figures that have never been made I would like to see in MOTU Classics.

Count Marzo

Green Goddess

He-Ro

Eldor

Adora

Phravus

Light Hope / council of wisdom guy with She-Ra's crest. The version from the MVC Comic.

Illumina

Shekotti / Female leader of the council of wisdom

Queen Marlana

Veena

Horde Prime (I assume since he was mentioned in the Hordak DVD profile there might be a chance we could get him. Specifically the pre Filmation version.

Oracle

Finally a genderless Shadow Wraith from the MYP cartoon. (if we can't have Shadow Weaver, lets at least try to tick the Shadow Weaver box!)
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 30, 2008 at 05:45pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Not to get too far off topic but what exactly is the difference between Green Goddess' character and the character of the Goddess from the mini/reg comics anyway?
    Man if I had a nickel for every time I explained this one...

Look at this comic... It's the FIRST minicomic ever done for the original line.

The artist, Alfredo P. Alcala just drew the Goddess/Teela character with the headdress on and colored her green, probably to distinguish her all the more from Teela.

She is the Sorceress character I think for all intents and purposes for the story, so she's in essence, a first concept of the Sorceress.

As a Green Goddess FANATIC, I could be one of her biggest fans... I put this old painting up on my blog. There's a little more info there about her popularity here on the boards.

Believe it or not, I think I did that first Green Goddess sketch almost six years ago!!!

Ever since I was a kid, I've wanted a "Green Goddess" as we've called her here at the .org. Apparently I wasn't alone in this wish.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Above and beyond the others, since she's the only character in the original mini-comics (which the MOTUC so far are based on, style-wise) that doesn't have a figure in any incarnation, my vote unwaveringly goed for:

The Green Goddess!

Her and a blonde-haired Teela would make this line a success, even if we never get passed the first year.

Here here I wan't a beana based Green Goddess. That picture is just amazing. That picture is just iconic.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

What's awesome about the Classics line, is I'm perfectly fine with them just using Teela and painting her Green.

However, if they wanted to change some things up with her design, use most of Teela's parts to make her with a sprinkling of new elements, then I've got a few ideas... And they harken back to some of Mark Taylor's original sketches for the Character.

If you look at these two Mark Taylor drawings... You can see that the base figure is the same between the two... But there are some differences in the head and body under the Snake Head Dress...

Teela sketch. Goddess sketch.

You can sort of see that the Goddess' body is more of a simple dress, letting the detail be in the head dress.
    So on Teela, her details are in her chest and body armor, and they could be sculpted as a different piece.

The trick with that is, you'd have to sculpt the body first for the Goddess, and then add Teela's armor on for her after the fact.
    Just thinking in terms of production. I've no idea if the Four Horsemen plan to do anything like that. *shrugs* But it could be cool!

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    I'll officially throw in my vote(s) for MYP's Count Marzo and a He-Ro of some sort... whether it be the '80s prototype styled character, or the 2002 version that was once drawn by Emiliano!
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Seeing how well King Grayskull sold, Mattel should release more characters who haven't been figures before.

I know they said they will and apparantly they will do 2 next year, but seeing as this line is a collector line, they should do more and not be scared they won't sell.

Count Marzo
    Evilseed
    Hawk
    Green Goddess
    Veena
    Calix
    Marlena
    Adora
    He-Ro
    Eldor
    Dactys
    Ltn. Andra
    Geldor
    Evil Horde Roboto
    Tuvar
    Badhra
    Granita

Chief Carnivus would be easy to make, just use Beastman's body, sculpt a new head and armor.

Also, I had a really good thought, what if there was a Faceles One con exclusive next year similar to King Grayskull in a Zalacia Tomb?

A lot of these characters are pretty obscure. I don't think we'll see the likes of Geldor very soon because there allready is a HUGE roster of characters they can do. (POP, MOTU, NA)
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Dylamug. Dylamug, Dylamug, Dylamug, Dylamug, Dylamug, Dylamug. He was a planned toy, they said they could do "Tomart" figures, and I need him to recreate the "Shades of Orko" version of the Horde Force Squad. There is no excuses for no Dylamug.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Movie mayhem!
    it would be really cool to get tuvar and such... also veena

Adora and Queen Marlena

I want Strong Arm, Batros, & Fang Face! Get the rights & make it happen. I'd gladly pay $50 each for them!
    I'm disabled because I chose to drink & drive. I broke my neck, when I totaled my car. I was in the exact same condition as Christopher Reeves was, but I regained my ability to walk. Please don't drink & drive. To read my story, checkout my website & share it with your family & friends.

http://www.dontdrinkandride.com/

Heroic Warrior
    They need to pick up on some figures that they were going to be made, that we have been waiting for for 20 years.

He-Ro
    Eldor
    Queen Marlana
    Jessie Shuptrine

I wish Mattel would release more than two new figures instead of the same stuff over and over.

Does anyone else see a problem with the statement that they will have con exclusives for both San Diego and New York next year?

There will be the two new never made before figures more than likely. Thus again the majority of the people will be left out.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Count Marzo and Evilseed, I'll take. Tuvar and Baddrah could be fun as a 2 pack...

As for Hawk, Green Goddess, Veena, Calix, Marlena, He-Ro, Eldor, Dactys
    Ltn. Andra, Geldor, Evil Horde Roboto and Granita... who are they?

First we need all classic figs back in classics look, and the we need all other figs back in classics look

Elder Councilman
    He-Ro
    Eldor
    Pravus
    Dekker
    Fearless Photog
    Dylamug
    Count Marzo
    Captain Miro
    Queen Marlena
    Tuvar
    Baddhra
    Adora

I can't really think of anyone else I really want, who hasn't been made..
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Evil Horde Roboto?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Evil Horde Roboto?
    Sorry, I meant Evil Horde Robot.