Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not really care about King Grayskull?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

Anyone else not really care about King Grayskull?

***This thread is for people who don't like King Grayskull. Not for debating for or against. - JVS3***

Don't get me wrong. It is an awesome figure and everything, but I just don't care for the character. He is not one of the characters that I know and love and feel the need to have as one of these figures (best figures ever made by the way! Thank you Mattel finally complete perfection!).

It's sold out and everyone's going nuts over it and it doesn't even bother me in the least because he's not an original character to me. It's a MOTUC line. Keyword "Classics". What is King Grayskull to MOTU in your opinion? Does anyone feel the same as me? I'm going nuts over all the other characters obviously. But I just think they couldve went with something else to open this line up, especially when it's called "MOTU CLASSICS".

BTW, it's good to be back after like a year or so and I'll try to be around regularly if I have the time. I just had to check out the SDCC news though when I heard about what's coming out.

<3 MOTU!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I was never a fan of what MYP did with Grayskull, but more and more I'm liking what MATTEL is doing with him. They are tweaking the story bit by bit to make it fit in better with the classic mythology, without purposefully ignoring or stepping on the toes of that which came before him. I also like the use of him in the alleged movie script.

There are still a few holes that need filling - such as the Eternia Towers and why Grayskull Tower existed before Castle Grayskull; and there's still no clear-cut answer for how She-Ra fits into the mix, not to mention the whole Keldor time travel debacle. But I'm sure the marketing folks at Mattel are trying to figure out answers to these questions and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Don't get me wrong. It is an awesome figure and everything, but I just don't care for the character. He is not one of the characters that I know and love and feel the need to have as one of these figures (best figures ever made by the way! Thank you Mattel finally complete perfection!).

It's sold out and everyone's going nuts over it and it doesn't even bother me in the least because he's not an original character to me. It's a MOTUC line. Keyword "Classics". What is King Grayskull to MOTU in your opinion? Does anyone feel the same as me? I'm going nuts over all the other characters obviously. But I just think they couldve went with something else to open this line up, especially when it's called "MOTU CLASSICS".

BTW, it's good to be back after like a year or so and I'll try to be around regularly if I have the time. I just had to check out the SDCC news though when I heard about what's coming out.

<3 MOTU!
    Dude I haven't seen you in forever....(I used to be Mastaflan) Good to see you around the boards still.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I'm with you Marzo, I don't really care for KG... I really wanted to see He-Ro in ther cartoon.
    KG is just a different take at He-Ro (which original name was Graykull anyway), but I still prefer the original
    Looks like there are good chances we'll get him soon or later, I just hope he won't be an exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post

<3 MOTU!
    I agree 100%.... but I still bought one.

I had a feeling it would sell out and didn't want to regret not getting one later. You have to admit it is a clever way of selling Viking He-man. ><

One day I'll master self control.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; July 30, 2008 at 02:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'm with you Marzo, I don't really care for KG... I really wanted to see He-Ro in ther cartoon.
    KG is just a different take at He-Ro (which original name was Graykull anyway), but I still prefer the original
    Looks like there are good chances we'll get him soon or later, I just hope he won't be an exclusive
    Yeah, i'm much more interested in getting a He-Ro figure than Grayskull. It's cool that Mattel made him and all, but I just don't see myself finding much use for him compared to other characters.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; August 11, 2008 at 06:31am.

I think the Classics name should be viewed in the way like Disney classics. Whenever they do a new feature on dvd it's called classic, eventhough it's new.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

It's all about He-man for me but I do like (not love) King Grayskull.
    I like the idea that He-man has to live up to something.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I think everyone's going crazy for this guy because he's first.

But agree, I don't understand all the hoopla. The guy was in one cartoon! But moving on.....He-man arrives on halloween!

Fantastic looking figure, but no thank you. I only have so much moolah to put into this hobby, pluls I collect MARVEL LEGENDS, DCUC, and various other things.

I really have to narrow it down the the stuff that I love... not just like a little bit.
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

Heroic Warrior
    I like the figure, but I still have yet to see the cartoon epsiode with him in it, so I am a bit behind.lol I bought a few copys of the V3 DVD, but I cant watch it as they were bought for others and I couldnt even get enough for myself.lol

So, I am not a huge fan of the character, but Iam a huge fan of anything MOTU, so i jumped on the band wagon. Of course the first figure could have been anything and i would have been excited by it. I am just happy to be getting anything at this point.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    No interest in the character because he deminshes He-Man to an extent, but I want the figure simply on its own merits. And the package is extremely cool, too.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Never really cared for him, thats why I passed on ordering him. The line officially starts in Oct with He-man for me

i could care less about KG. the only reason im getting one is because it's a new he-man line and I want to support it.

I agree he's not of real importance to the whole MOTU line. We never even heard of him back in the day. But I have to admit it is one awesome figure! Although you have to see one to appreciate the detail on the KG.

I agree, wasn't to crazy about the figure so I didn't get one.

Just wanted to say good to see you back Marzo!

I'm pretending that the King Grayskull figure is a variant of He-Man.

I do not like King Grayskull as a character because he takes away from the unique coolness that is He-Man. I like the figure--but not the character.

I also do not like the idea that the power of Grayskull came from one man. It makes the power less mysterious and ponders the question: well where did he get his power from? To me, he's a bunch of nonsense.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    i'm not too keen on the whole 'he-man's a carbon copy of an ancestor' thing myself. i also thought it completely stripped He-man of his uniqueness and ruined the character for me.
    i'd rather believe the power of Castle grayskull came from the elders than being from one man. As someone else said, where did KG get his power from? another ancestor?? how very un-original. That ep was certainly one of my least faves, right up there with the one where evil lynn was 'brainwashing' Ramman to be a traitor, or something.

Unfortunately I'll have to pay an overinflated ebay price if i want the figure of KG; and being a sort of completist I'll have to do that since they're all sold out (big surprise!!). The figure looks cool, though; at least from the pics i've seen.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Count me in. I've never cared for King Grayskull. Even the name I think is silly (which probably sounds absurd since I don't at all mind the name He-Man ).

At the Mattel SDCC panel when they aired the "Power of Grayskull" episode, it was actually the very first time I'd watched it. I read the script back in the MVC days, but never bothered to watch the actual episode because the idea of it never appealed to me. And it still doesn't.

I did cave and buy one of the KG figures at SDCC, though. When I saw the light-up and sound feature... I just couldn't pass it up!

--Leanne

Heroic Ruler of Nothing KidRandor's Avatar
    I am interested to see what the story brings. As for the classics line, i could care less. i will never criticize those who collect the line but i personally have a connection with MOTU from my childhood and the newer stuff just doesnt do it for me.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I bought it, mostly because I want to support He-Man. I love his size, but I can't get over the hard cape, the solid hair, and the stiff loincloth. On a character I don't really care for is fine, but if we get this on solid MOTUC figures, I'll be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    I bought it, mostly because I want to support He-Man. I love his size, but I can't get over the hard cape, the solid hair, and the stiff loincloth. On a character I don't really care for is fine, but if we get this on solid MOTUC figures, I'll be sad.
    Considering the line was supposed to be articulated, I'm finding it annoying that he can only stand in a limited number of poses due to restriction from the cape, loincloth and hair. It would also have been nice to have a twist-joint above the boot.

And my electronics don't work either. Upon opening him I was greeted with 'I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I'.

So a character I don't care that much for, plus a flawed figure. I hope He-Man is better.

I like KG. I would have preferred him to be in the 200x line, but he seems to fit in with it well enough( maybe I will find out today, if it arrives at my house?). I think it was a nice segway the way Mattel did this: from 200x to KG which leads in to the MOTUC line.

Movie mayhem!
    As he stands now i'm not a huge fan. I think the idea of a greyskull is awesome but the ways he's been designed he just looks like he-man wearing a wig. I think it would have been cooler if they could have made him look a bit more original and unique.