Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else not really care about King Grayskull?

Heroic Warrior
    I might get him later on if he gets re-released or goes down in price on the secondary market. He's not a character I feel I need to get but he's alright I guess.

Yep, I agree...Now October, THAT'S what I''m excited about. The 80's figures mean so much to me, and these new figures are just Beautiful. As Emiliano said, I'm a He-Ro fan, but not a fan of his Faker

I am not a big fan of king grayskull either. As a general rule I only collect characters I had as a kid and KG was not one of them. I never actually heard of the character until this release. I am excited about the MOTUC figures starting with He-man though.

I really like the King Grayskull character design as well as Veena and the Elders... But I do not really like the King Grayskull figure.

I've been working on a King Grayskull custom and reviewing the Power of Grayskull Episode... the figure doesn't really capture the essence of the character. I mean, King Grayskull was HUGE! His cape was RED and NOT Tattered... and he kind of had a normal sized head and more boxy face on top of that HUGE body which really distinguished him in my eyes.

I did this drawing a while back - it is pretty much on model with the toon:

See the difference?! LOL!

Last edited by J-Sun; August 12, 2008 at 05:52pm.
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sun View Post
    I really like the King Grayskull character design as well as Veena and the Elders... But I do not really like the King Grayskull figure.

I've been working on a King Grayskull custom and reviewing the Power of Grayskull Episode... the figure doesn't really capture the essence of the character. I mean, King Grayskull was HUGE! His cape was RED and NOT Tattered... and he kind of had a normal sized head and more boxy face on top of that HUGE body which really distinguished him in my eyes.

This Figure just never did it for me. I was going to purchase one off of Mattels store just to say I have it but they ran out before I could. Kind of glad they did. I'm with you. Customizing my own is they way to go.

Heroic Warrior
    I never liked the concept of King Grayskull. His existence disgusts me. It took the whole magic and mystery away from both Castle Grayskull's and He-man's origins and turned it into a redundant pile of boringness. I'm also not a fan of the figure's face and the fact he has no neck. He should have never been created IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by force Capt. View Post
    Customizing my own is they way to go.
    Definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    It took the whole magic and mystery away from both Castle Grayskull's and He-man's origins and turned it into a redundant pile of boringness. I'm also not a fan of the figure's face and the fact he has no neck. He should have never been created IMO.
    I totally agree with ya about the taking the magic and mystery away from both Castle Grayskull's and He-man's origins...

It's more the LOOK of the TOON VERSIONS of King Grayskull & Veena and the Elders that I like - they have really grown on me

Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

J-Sun... I hate to say it bro... But his cape was not RED and it was tatered...
    Look at it again.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sun View Post

But this figure isn't supposed to look 100% like he did on the show, and none of the 200x figures are identical to their animated appearances anyway.

This King Grayskull is meant to fit into the Classics line, not the 200x line. He's been modified to appear as he would in a vintage style. He even has the vintage style weapons instead of the techno sword.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; August 13, 2008 at 03:35am.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I never liked the concept of King Grayskull. His existence disgusts me. It took the whole magic and mystery away from both Castle Grayskull's and He-man's origins and turned it into a redundant pile of boringness. I'm also not a fan of the figure's face and the fact he has no neck. He should have never been created IMO.
    That's exactly how I feel too, man.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I totally disagree on the figure itself but I'm curious to here your thoughts on this?

King Grayskull's reign was thousands of years ago. We have no idea what got put into the castle in that time. And from the sounds of it a lot!
    Loosing the mystery is a concern of mine too as I would hate to thing that it's only the Elder's power in there!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I think for me i don't like the character because i don't know the character.
    He shows up for one episode and all of a sudden has all this power that goes into the sword and transforms the elders, etc. But where did that power come from?
    With the "powers of grayskull" mini-comic, we learn that he-ro was the most powerful mage there was, which in my mind makes it more believable that he had "that" kind of power. King Grayskull just looks like a regular barbarian to me. Sure he has strenght of will and a good heart, but what he does at the end of the episode looks oh so mystical. i'd like more info on where that power came from. Also i don't like that he looks a lot like he-man.

So until I am given a lot more build up on the character he's just not going to appeal to me.

having said that about the character, the figure itself is absolutely gorgeous!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets