View Poll Results: What hair should Teela have?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blonde with hair down like the early mini-comics

27 9.64%
  • Blonde with hair up like in the early mini-comics

5 1.79%
  • Red with hair down (new!!!)

40 14.29%
  • Red with hair up like the original toy and Filmation

128 45.71%
  • Have both Blonde AND Red variants, but with hair up

15 5.36%
  • Have both Blonde AND Red variants, but with hair down

10 3.57%
  • All of the first four options

55 19.64%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teela's Hair: Up and Red or Down and Blonde?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Teela's Hair: Up and Red or Down and Blonde?

So if MOTU is following the Original styles, then Teela was originally BLONDE!

So who wants to have a pre-Filmation blonde Teela with her hair down like in the early mini-comics and the DC comics?

OR would you prefer the red haired Teela with her hair up?

I'll take the Alcala version!
    Blonde and Red please!

Which option is that?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I'd like 2 Teela figures- the regular one with red hair, and the variant with blonde. Each would include an alternate head with the other hair style.

So I guess that counts as the 'all 4' option.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; July 30, 2008 at 11:31am.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I'll take the Alcala version!
    Blonde and Red please!

Which option is that?
    The Alcala/early mini-comics version would be the first two, where she had blonde hair...

A lot of guys want to see Teela with her hair down AND red. I guess because it's new...

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I... can't vote. You forgot a critical version, variants where the one is red with bun, and the other is blonde and down.

You've written it so that either you can pick both blonde and red in a bun, or red and blonde down.

I want the alternate head to be blonde with the hair down...

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I would like two Heads! Blond with Hair down and red aith Hair up! But 4Heads would be fine too

I think it'd be cool to have a nod to the mini comic and have her hair blonde and down.

I voted for the 'all of' option because I think that it would be very easy to do given that we now know that some characters will come with multiple heads.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The Alcala/early mini-comics version would be the first two, where she had blonde hair...

A lot of guys want to see Teela with her hair down AND red. I guess because it's new...
    I think I'm more a fan of her having a decent ponytail and RED hair.
    When Alcala drew her as a blonde, she frankly just looked too much like He-Man's sister.

The best DRAWINGS of Teela are Alcala's renditions of her in the Point Dread book with the two stories in it. Danger at Castle Grayskull and The Power of Point Dread.
    Again, she was blonde there, but paint her hair red and you've got exactly what I'm hoping the new Teela will look like... (with a removable Snake Head Dress of course. )

Her Filmation hairdo is something all it's own, and I don't really care for it.
    See to me, her Filmation hairdo and her toy have two very different styles to them.
    So there is no option there for me to vote for.
    I want Red hair up in a pony tail with decent length to it. (As Alcala drew, not painted, in the above mentioned book.)
    See...

In the end though... I could see her coming with two heads. A more Filmation head and the "classic" ponytail.
    I'm thinking if we want a blonde Teela, you'd better buy two and get the paints out.

And if the 4HM are looking at the cardbacks... That's exactly what Alcala was looking at for this book in particular.

If you want to see this book. Just click here! (Thanks Grayskull Museum!)

He-Man looks his best in this book, as does Teela, Skeletor and Man-E-Faces.
    The cool thing too is Alcala drew Merman's toy head on the 8-back body... Which is exactly what we're getting with the two heads that come with Merman... How freakin' cool is that?!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Multiple heads for Teela, please.
    But if we have to get only one, I'm voting hair down and blonde She looked waaay better like that.

Two heads, red and up like original toy and brown and down like 200x.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Multiple heads for Teela, please.
    But if we have to get only one, I'm voting hair down and blonde She looked waaay better like that.
    Me too! I've always liked her better as a blonde. I have to scan in MOTU#1-3's pics from DC once I get home so we can judge better.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I... can't vote. You forgot a critical version, variants where the one is red with bun, and the other is blonde and down.

You've written it so that either you can pick both blonde and red in a bun, or red and blonde down.

I want the alternate head to be blonde with the hair down...
    Choose to the last choice and just buy which ones you wanted?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 30, 2008 at 01:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i'm a big fan of the MYP hair, but the blonde down was cool too. i wasn't really wild about the style the original toy/filmation look though, but since that's what the original toy had, i know a lot of people would want it.

i voted for all four versions, even though i couldn't care less about the blonde bun version teela.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Me too! I've always liked her better as a blonde. I have to scan in MOTU#1-3's pics from DC once I get home so we can judge better.

Choose to the last choice and just buy which ones you wanted?
    All right, I picked the "all" option. And I'm also seriously confused after reading Baena's post as well.

I went with the origional red hair up

Quote Originally Posted by LionO View Post
    I went with the origional red hair up
    LOL, you would, LionO...

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    2 Heads

Red Hair up with Crown

Blonde flowing hair

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Hmmm..idunno about blonde. I understand it was the riginal mini comic design, but the red haired Teela is the one we've all grown to love.

I voted for Red hair, down. I liked that design quite a bit better than the classic bun, actually.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Teela's going to have a lot of variants...

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I think I'm more a fan of her having a decent ponytail and RED hair.
    When Alcala drew her as a blonde, she frankly just looked too much like He-Man's sister.

The best DRAWINGS of Teela are Alcala's renditions of her in the Point Dread book with the two stories in it. Danger at Castle Grayskull and The Power of Point Dread.
    Again, she was blonde there, but paint her hair red and you've got exactly what I'm hoping the new Teela will look like... (with a removable Snake Head Dress of course. )

Her Filmation hairdo is something all it's own, and I don't really care for it.
    See to me, her Filmation hairdo and her toy have two very different styles to them.
    So there is no option there for me to vote for.
    I want Red hair up in a pony tail with decent length to it. (As Alcala drew, not painted, in the above mentioned book.)
    See...

In the end though... I could see her coming with two heads. A more Filmation head and the "classic" ponytail.
    I'm thinking if we want a blonde Teela, you'd better buy two and get the paints out.

And if the 4HM are looking at the cardbacks... That's exactly what Alcala was looking at for this book in particular.

If you want to see this book. Just click here! (Thanks Grayskull Museum!)

He-Man looks his best in this book, as does Teela, Skeletor and Man-E-Faces.
    The cool thing too is Alcala drew Merman's toy head on the 8-back body... Which is exactly what we're getting with the two heads that come with Merman... How freakin' cool is that?!!!
    I can definitely see the 4 Horsemen basing the new Teela figure on these pics (with red hair of course).

Alcala's art ruled! I love that panel from 'Power of Point Dread' of Skeletor with his Castle Grayskull diorama, holding his He-Man action figure.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; July 31, 2008 at 04:27pm.

I'm starting to really get into this older old school flavor.

Maker her blonde, I say!

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    I like all of the options, but if I had to choose only one I would go with the classic red, hair up. If possible, a second head with the blonde hair.

But we’re probably going to be getting the snake armor, staff and shield with Teela. I don’t know if an extra head could fit into the budget since she’s a unique sculpt which will get very limited recycled use.

Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post
    I like all of the options, but if I had to choose only one I would go with the classic red, hair up. If possible, a second head with the blonde hair.

But we’re probably going to be getting the snake armor, staff and shield with Teela. I don’t know if an extra head could fit into the budget since she’s a unique sculpt which will get very limited recycled use.
    They'll reuse her body for Evil-Lyn, Green Goddess, and maybe even Illumina and some of the P.O.P ladies. So an extra head shouldn't be too expensive for them to do.

2 heads:

- like in "The Tale of Teela!": long, blond free-floating hair without diadem
    - red, long hair with ponytail in high knot and with diadem

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    They'll reuse her body for Evil-Lyn, Green Goddess, and maybe even Illumina and some of the P.O.P ladies. So an extra head shouldn't be too expensive for them to do.
    Well, they may reuse her for all of those, or they may only reuse her for Evil Lyn. There are a lot of factors which will decided how much longevity the sculpt actually has.

My point was though, is that Teela is an accessory heavy figure to begin with. She has the Snake Armor, a staff and shield. There is talk of a possible sword as well. For a completely unique sculpt, which will take considerable time to earn its money back through recycled use (unlike the male bodies currently in production), the extra heads might be too much right now.

I hope not, as I would like the additional looks as options. Either way, we’ll find out soon enough, I’m sure.