Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Toy Guru interview at Fwoosh

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    A refreshingly straightforward Q&A, unlike many we see from the toy companies. Actually felt like we entered a genuine no-spin zone. Very good news on what they consider viable (He-Ro, Yay! Troop builders, Yay!) and how they actually seem to be taking collectors seriously here. It is a gamble, something that hasn't been done quite this way before, so it is heartening to see Mattel putting some genuine effort behind it.

I'm especially happy to hear they may seriously consider a subscription/pre-order type arrangement. It would be a big cost right up front, but I plan on getting all the figures anyway, so this would pretty well ensure I don't miss something due to unforseen circumstances.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait to get my hands on a Green Goddess figure!!

The future of this line is just looking better and better.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Green Goddess... I smell a Convention Exclusive there.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if next year we saw:
    NYCC - Stratos "Blue Wings" Exclusive
    SDCC - Green Goddess Exclusive

If the Green Goddess is the SDCC Exclusive, then I'm THERE for sure next year!!!

I'll paint up a NEW Green Goddess POSTER and make a Green Goddess T-Shirt JUST for the occassion! I'm dead serious there!

I'll need help for T-Shirt taglines...

"And you thought the Green Goddess was just salad dressing"

"Who doesn't like green skinned redheads?"

"Kneel before the Green Goddess!"

"Before she was the Sorceress, she was the Green Goddess!"

"Is Teela sick?"

"No, this Green Goddess didn't sleep with Capitan Kirk!"

"Got Green?"

"Teela with a Gamma Tan!"

"The Art of MotU: Concept Sorceress"

Just imagining now... The Green Goddess Mattel Booth Babe!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    An informative Q&A, again very exciting, I'm loving all this Green Goddess talk, who would have thought this even posible a few years ago?

But all this rests on = SALES, everyone has to support it, to see all the characters we want.

The Green Goddess does seem tailor made for a con exclusice the same way King Grayskull was.

How about this Baena:
    "Don't make Teela angry, You wouldn't like her when she's angry..."
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

So we're getting the green goddess before Teela? That's just wrong! I just want to know when we'll see Teela. She was one of the first released in the original line. Why isn't she one of the first 5 figures?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    So we're getting the green goddess before Teela? That's just wrong!
    He didn't even remotely suggest that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Man View Post
    The Green Goddess does seem tailor made for a con exclusice the same way King Grayskull was.

How about this Baena:
    Priceless! That's a great one!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    So we're getting the green goddess before Teela? That's just wrong! I just want to know when we'll see Teela. She was one of the first released in the original line. Why isn't she one of the first 5 figures?
    Yeah, like Flor2099 said, Toyguru didn't say that at all. I think it's safe and logical to assume that if we get a Green Goddess. They'll have made Teela first and that GG will more or less be a repaint of Teela and her Head Dress.

Also, Teela was not of the first wave released back in the day.
    First it was He-Man, Skeletor, Beastman and Man-At-Arms.
    Then later that year or the next year Stratos, Merman, Teela and Zodac were released.
    I think the First Faker was right there too or JUST after that.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Well they said every figure from the 80`s will be redone, he also said that`s over 200 characters, they need to find a way to pump these out faster, 200 characters at 1 figure per month works out be almost 17 years to finish this line! That`s too long for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Well they said every figure from the 80`s will be redone, he also said that`s over 200 characters, they need to find a way to pump these out faster, 200 characters at 1 figure per month works out be almost 17 years to finish this line! That`s too long for me lol
    Agreed.

But Toy Guru said that the line is fan driven because of no backing. Maybe after the movie release (fingers crossed) the production can be increased.

I love the idea of a subscription service. Signe me up. Also the idea of guranteed con exclusives with a subscription is a great idea.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Awesome read! I was wondering since he-man.org is the Web's premiere he-man site why dosn't the org snag "exclusive" interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Man View Post

How about this Baena:
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

THAT was awesome

GREEN GODDESS!!! AMAZING!!

I am so psyched for her AND He-Ro (I mean, we basically know we're getting a He-Ro figure). I don't think that Green Goddess is necessarily going to be a con exclusive... she's just a Teela repaint. They would HAVE to sell her along-side Teela though (NO random pack-ins)
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Finally!!! I just might get a Generic ETERNIAN SOLDIER!!! Yeee-Hawww!!! The Four Horsmen rule!
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I am so psyched for her AND He-Ro (I mean, we basically know we're getting a He-Ro figure). I don't think that Green Goddess is necessarily going to be a con exclusive... she's just a Teela repaint. They would HAVE to sell her along-side Teela though (NO random pack-ins)
    That is IF they do a Green Goddess.
    While I'm way more than excited at all the "press" she's getting lately... After a few days I've had to rethink my excitement... Trying to stay "wise" about it all, and "wisdom" says that while yes she's on Mattel's radar obviously, it's not a done deal until we see her in the packaging and she's being shipped out to those who bought her.

This line has JUST begun. King Grayskull obviously did very well, and we can hope that momentum will continue each month.

But there's always that looming storm cloud that says, You can't see the future, you can't possibly know if the line will last that long.

Of course I want a GG figure, and of course I want this to be the most successful MotU line since the 80's. But only TIME will tell.

Fingers crossed that He-Man and all the rest sell-out in 2 days or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Fingers crossed that He-Man and all the rest sell-out in 2 days or less.
    You can guarantee I'll be there the second the orders goes live!
    (Hopefully some tech issues will be ironed out.)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Same fore me! I can't wait to order that He-Man figure not to mention Beastman!!!
    Last edited by chuc98; August 3, 2008 at 11:29pm.

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Of course, I will be doing the same.

As soon as it’s available, He-Man will be ordered!

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    I'd be willing to be for Green Goddess that she'll either be NYCC/SDCC 2009 Exclusive or be available the same month Teela is on mattycollector.com, like they were hypothezing about a He-Man/Faker run.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.