Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High-Res MOTUC Goodness!!!!

Wow, they look great! Beastman stepped in gum though.

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    I think the MOTUC line looks much better then the OVER stylized 200x line. Thats just not MOTU, never has been. I did like the line, dont get me wrong. But thats not what made me love he-man. I dont much care for the Anime style and the 200x and stactions lines seem very influenced by that style.

I think this new line is the PERFECT motu line. Its detailed (no you dont have super detail with hoses and electric wires all over) but its more realistic, better articulated versions of the originals. He-Man looks like he could actually be a real person somewhere. And he doesnt look like hes bent over becuase his little head is to heavy, or he has some hump back medical issues.

To me He-man in the 200x line was the WORST figure in the line. I have dozens of them, in every style that came out, from the original with the cross to the k-mart exclusive to ice armor to snake armor. And the only one I really like is snake armor. He looks awsome. Most of the rest just dont do it for me. I liked the skeletor from that line, but am looking forward to a MOTUC one.

Did the 200x line and stactions look great as action figures/statues? Yes. But they were not MOTU to me. At least not visually. The figures lacked that MOTU charm. THey were missing what made MOTU the greatest selling boys toys of all time, and were missing what made ME love them.
    Let's just say that the anime style is just a matter of liking it or not even though the anatomy of the 200X line is way more realistic than the 80s line. No human has a head that big.
    Don't get me wrong I do not dislike the old look. In fact I loved it back then. Those were the best toys to me ever. And they're still better toys than the 200X line.

Thinking about that this time most of us won't play with the MOTUC figures (and if we do I hope our children will participate to give us an alibi *g*) but placing them in a vitrine/showcase.
    Those additional joints are nice but still the look makes me wonder why that many are euphoric about the MOTUC if all they have to do is visit some flewmarkets to get the originals... it maybe a matter of taste though too.

What I mean is IF I want the original look I'd get the originals and IF I want a collector's item that reminds me of the original... I'd choose the 200X line all the time.

That line looks great and up to date considering we live in 2008 and it reminds me of all the cool moments during my childhood when those original figures looked great.
    May the vicious demon armies of hell lose tracks on their way to your home.

I agree with motuxmen. The modernised style and oversized weapons of the 200x line didn't always work out. A lot of the 4H's vision was watered down by stupid design decisions made by Mattel. Take He-Man, for instance. The black and white sketch the 4H made looks awesome. Then came Mattel and ruined the design with the stupid french fries haircut. The sketch doesn't look like a hunchback with skinny legs and a tiny head, either. It looks awesome. Somehow this awesomeness got lost in the process of sculpting and releasing the final figure.
    However, He-Man is the only figure of the 200x line that was really horrible. Some of the others were more than amazing.

Anyway, the visuals of the MOTUC line capture everything that made MOTU great. I couldn't be happier with the sculpts. This is the way to go!
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ghTm4rE View Post
    Let's just say that the anime style is just a matter of liking it or not even though the anatomy of the 200X line is way more realistic than the 80s line. No human has a head that big.
    Don't get me wrong I do not dislike the old look. In fact I loved it back then. Those were the best toys to me ever. And they're still better toys than the 200X line.

Thinking about that this time most of us won't play with the MOTUC figures (and if we do I hope our children will participate to give us an alibi *g*) but placing them in a vitrine/showcase.
    Those additional joints are nice but still the look makes me wonder why that many are euphoric about the MOTUC if all they have to do is visit some flewmarkets to get the originals... it maybe a matter of taste though too.

What I mean is IF I want the original look I'd get the originals and IF I want a collector's item that reminds me of the original... I'd choose the 200X line all the time.

That line looks great and up to date considering we live in 2008 and it reminds me of all the cool moments during my childhood when those original figures looked great.

You are right, Anime is something you like, or dont.lol

The 200x line is no more realistic then the MOTUC line. in fact from what I have seen, the MOTUC line is more realistic. People he-mans build are not pinheads with hunchbacks and mcdonalds frys for hair.lol The MOTUC he-man looks like it could be a real person, porportion wise.

And there are a lot of difference between the original line and the MOTUC line. Other then articulation, the MOTUC line is a bit bigger. It has better anatomy and proportions, The sculpting is nicer. These look more like the 80's line art then the 80's line figures. And we have only seen a few of them. who knows what the rest will look like. Im excited to se a 4H NA figure, and a she-ra with sculpted hair.