View Poll Results: Do you want a resealable packaging for MOTUC?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

45 51.72%
  • No

42 48.28%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you want a resealable packaging for MOTUC?

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar

Do you want a resealable packaging for MOTUC?

All my MOTUC are MOC but it would be great if they had a resealable packaging, don't you think?
    Edit:
    I just discover that there is a very important reason for the resealable packaging: the MOC collectors can't check the quality of their figures, for example there are some problems with missing accessories in Scareglow box... I think that's a real problem.
    Thanx to Shadowfall1976 I have another reason to support the resealable packaging: two flaps and a security seal don't seems to be so expensive, so the collectors could be divided in loose, MOC and MOSC.

Last edited by JoeyCruel; March 29, 2012 at 11:35pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I voted no because I dont care in the least. I open mine, (except for Mo-Larr) and keep the packaging. When I've put figures back in the package after opening them (like my He-Man TRU 2Pack) they look just fine back on display in their package.

To be fair, I dont care at all if they did, I"m not technically against it. I just don't care, it's not a priority nor a concern.

I chose no 'cause I don't care; I'm tossing 'em no matter what, so if they made 'em closeable without extra cost then it wouldn't effect me.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Nope. That'd just hike up the prices.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I wouldn't mind it at all, and really don't see it adding cost, as all it would be would have a few tiny 1/4" or smaller flaps molded on the bubble to wrap around the card, there are many toys sold for less that have resealable packages....be nice if Hasbro would look into it for Transformers..since some of the bubbles just pop off at times in the store.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    i went yes. only because it usually makes figures easier to get out of the packs.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Oh snap I just made it 50/50

I voted yes. I think it would make them easier to get out and put back in!

I keep the packaging...and white mailers too...even the tissue paper.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I keep the packaging...and white mailers too...even the tissue paper.
    Ah! Ah! The tissue paper! Me too!

Round 2, vote for

I said No.

I open mine up and play with them with my nephew, but still keep the packaging for display purposes. When there are figures I miss, I love being able to pick them up as loose figures due to the lower prices. If there was resealable packaging, there wouldn't be a cheaper option for collecting them.

Actually...YES. It would keep more plastic out of the landfill, and provide a great place to store figures not on my shelf and their weapons.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Heroic Warrior
    I vote no. Anything that adds to an extra cost is something I can live without. I keep them loose, I wouldn't have anyplace to store a MOC.... or an OC collection.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    At this point in the line I dont care. I'd like to see their money go towards the figures.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Haven't voted yet, but I was wondering, wouldn't this kind of ruin it for MOC collectors, since you wouldn't be able to tell if a figure had been opened or not? Personally, I don't care because I play with my toys, but I do keep the bubbles so I can store them, so I wouldn't mind an easier to open package, but I would hate to see this if it would kill the MOC collectors.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I vote yes......because it should be just great have chance put figures back to boxes when not need display them and unbox when need display them.

Many of you said no for the money but
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I really don't see it adding cost, as all it would be would have a few tiny 1/4" or smaller flaps molded on the bubble to wrap around the card, there are many toys sold for less that have resealable packages....
    I'm a MOC collector and I don't see it as a ruin... because sometime I'd like to play with them but I can't...
    And when I'll buy the Orko/Adam I had to open them because I want to show Adam. The same problem with Modulok or Two-Bad...

Round 2, vote for

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Haven't voted yet, but I was wondering, wouldn't this kind of ruin it for MOC collectors, since you wouldn't be able to tell if a figure had been opened or not? Personally, I don't care because I play with my toys, but I do keep the bubbles so I can store them, so I wouldn't mind an easier to open package, but I would hate to see this if it would kill the MOC collectors.
    If it has tape, you'd be able to tell if it was cut if you're a MOSC collector, you'd know, I have Transformers that have bubbles with flaps that wrap around, and once you cut the tape, you can tell. And they could do it different like a security seal or something you'd absolutely have to cut to open to prove it's not still MOSC. If done right it would not ruin anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    Many of you said no for the money but

I'm a MOC collector and I don't see it as a ruin... because sometime I'd like to play with them but I can't...
    And when I'll buy the Orko/Adam I had to open them because I want to show Adam. The same problem with Modulok or Two-Bad...
    As it is right now, I have Orko on a shelf low enough I can look down and see Adam laying there, being Adam.

And actually if you buy the Zoloworld cases, and cut the bubbles on the top and sides and leave the bottom attached to the card (I did this with Demo Man, originally I only wanted the Skeletor head and was going to resell him, but once I opened him, I actually found I really like him, so he is the only unsealed MOC I have, the ZW case makes him look completely unopened but I can remove him anytime I want....you can do it that way as well, but having the actual card resealable would be cool.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 10, 2012 at 09:35pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I voted yes and I've been making them myself. Take a look over on the Fan Art Section. AdultCollector has a great thread started.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

that would be great considering i'm running out of display room on my shelf.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

i don't care. i just want them to stop using those clear rubber bands. hell, i would also love it if they stop using those molds too. all that plastic sometimes poses the figs in ways it shouldn't, bending the figs permanently.

I voted no, i just don't have the space for boxes

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    i voted no, it wouldn't be cool to start having different shaped boxes from now on (even if slightly), as a moc\mib collector i wouldn't like the idea at all

I'm a loose collector so I don't really care about resealable packaging, but for those who want it, it is a good idea.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I vote for yes for a couple of reasons. But i don't think Mattel would ever do it. One reason could possibly be because those who have two subs (like me for example) would only buy the one if the packaging was re-sealable...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Absolutely NO

Quote Originally Posted by Faker78 View Post
    Absolutely NO
    Is it so bad that a MOC collectors can check the quality of their figures?
    For example there are some problems with missing accessories in Scareglow box...

Round 2, vote for