Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and Skeletor Variant Discussion (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc; all brands)

I don't need or want any new versions of He-Man and Skeletor. If Mattel makes these, they better be bonus figures, since I don't want these figures to take the main monthly slot, because I'll probably do subscriptions from now on and I really want to avoid these figures.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

I really hope any He-Man or Skeletor variants end up as bonus figures. I personally am not a variant fan, the originals are the only ones for me. However, if, say, BA He-Man looks unbelievable, I would consider picking him up. I just don't want that to be my only option for that month. I would like to see the variants paired up with a less popular character to help with sales that month.

That is a really good idea. I personally havent decieded if i want the variants or not yet. We will have to see what they look like and when they come out

Co-Creator of the NV
    What I would like to see and would even consider buying are basic, regular versions that have been improved upon.

One of my biggest problems with the line is the size of the heads so a slightly smaller head for the He-Man figure. Also, I'd like a totally different sculpt as I really don't like the old school head. Doesn't need to look like the 200x version (although I wouldn't mind that) but I'd like it to look fairly different from the current version. The body and accessories can be the same.

For Skeletor the smaller head is also something I want, but I also want them to make it look menacing. The MOTUC version is kinda cute looking, but I prefer the menacing feel that the 200x version had. I would also like him to have a cape like the 200x version did because right now it looks like Skeletor has a bonnet. I'd also like a Keldor second head. I'd like to see him get a unique sword as well instead of having an identical one to He-Man that is colored blue. The sword can be based on the 200x version (doesn't need to split in two as far as I am concerned) or something totally new. The body and other accessories can remain the same as the previous release. If they want to make it a deluxe figure, I'd also like to see a throne of bones tossed in.

I'd recommend they be offered concurrently with another monthly release so as to not take a place in the scheduled lineup.

I'd imagine these are gonna be some of the bonus figures we've heard about from ToyGuru.
    I'm really looking forward to BA He-Man and a 200x version of Skelly!
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    What I would like to see and would even consider buying are basic, regular versions that have been improved upon.

One of my biggest problems with the line is the size of the heads so a slightly smaller head for the He-Man figure. Also, I'd like a totally different sculpt as I really don't like the old school head. Doesn't need to look like the 200x version (although I wouldn't mind that) but I'd like it to look fairly different from the current version. The body and accessories can be the same.

For Skeletor the smaller head is also something I want, but I also want them to make it look menacing. The MOTUC version is kinda cute looking, but I prefer the menacing feel that the 200x version had. I would also like him to have a cape like the 200x version did because right now it looks like Skeletor has a bonnet. I'd also like a Keldor second head. I'd like to see him get a unique sword as well instead of having an identical one to He-Man that is colored blue. The sword can be based on the 200x version (doesn't need to split in two as far as I am concerned) or something totally new. The body and other accessories can remain the same as the previous release. If they want to make it a deluxe figure, I'd also like to see a throne of bones tossed in.

I'd recommend they be offered concurrently with another monthly release so as to not take a place in the scheduled lineup.
    So, in summary, you don't like the line at all?
    Tarzan Rubberband, Tarzan Rubberband, Tarzan rubberbaaaand

I think the consensus is going to be that these type of figures should be bonus only. I agree. If we get something like BA He-Man and Skelly...well, they aren't different enough to warrent giving them thier own spot. I might say something different for Terror Claws or Dragon Blaster Skelly, but I don't think anyone would agree with me. THe BA ones, though, just have new chest armor and not even new accessories.

Honestly, I think the two of them would make a great bonus two pack. Heck, to make it sweeter, it would be cool to mold different expressions on thier faces and include them as different heads, but the line seems to be focusing directly on toys and the art on the packages, so I doubt we'll see anything like that.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickJaw View Post
    So, in summary, you don't like the line at all?
    There are many aspects of the line that do not appeal to me, but I wouldn't say that there are none that I like.

For instance, I think the body sculpt for He-Man and Skelly are good. I don't see any need to change them. But certain details and whatnot I would like changed such as the headsculpts and in the case of Skeletor a few more accessories.

Unrelated to this thread, I also think that Stratos, Triklops and MAA look fantastic.

Rather them be bonus figures for the month. Hopefully, the next He-Man released will be either a straight re-release, or Snake Armour He-Man. Same with Skeletor, only NA Skelly. I don't want them taking a monthly spot from other characters. But still want to see them.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I can see how some people would argue about not having them in the figure of month club, but I want them made and would be ok if they were. BA He-man and Skeletor are just as important to the line as the originals were. It was really the different versions that kept the kids interested and some of the designs where actually pretty good.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I think the consensus is going to be that these type of figures should be bonus only. I agree. If we get something like BA He-Man and Skelly...well, they aren't different enough to warrent giving them thier own spot. I might say something different for Terror Claws or Dragon Blaster Skelly, but I don't think anyone would agree with me. THe BA ones, though, just have new chest armor and not even new accessories.

Honestly, I think the two of them would make a great bonus two pack. Heck, to make it sweeter, it would be cool to mold different expressions on thier faces and include them as different heads, but the line seems to be focusing directly on toys and the art on the packages, so I doubt we'll see anything like that.
    IMO, it will depend on the variant and other factors. While I agree in principle that in concept that the Battle Armor versions shouldn't get their own slots, I think they carry enough nostalgic weight to possibly justify their own slots.
    Also keep in mind that there may be more cost involved that we're considering with those two. For example, fans will want a way to replicate the battle damage feature to those figures. Well, that is going require additional parts and tooling. And what if they decide to whip up new headsculpts (which I think would go a LONG way towards justifying a monthly slot)?

Some variants (Dragon Blaster Skeletor, 200x Snake Armor He-man if they ever do that), depending on how elaborate the 4H approach them, could feature enough new tooling (and visual diversity) to justify a full monthly slot. But most, I think could be done as bonus figures with a new armor piece here or there.

I wouldn't mind getting figs like BA He-Man & BA Skeletor, as long as they don't come at the expense of a new character.

Battle Cat's going to be a bonus figure and he's a 100% new sculpt, so the few new parts needed for those variants shouldn't cut into the yearly tooling budget that much.

I'd prefer Skelly and HM in addition to another monthly figure. The question also arises…what about the different versions of Hordak and She-Ra? I'd also prefer to see them in addition to another monthly figure.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Reissue figures definately need to be bonus figures of the month. Maybe offered same day or at the first of the month
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I'd prefer them as bonus figures. Mattel has made up its mind about how well He-Man and Skeletor sell. I imagine they'd also sell really well as bonus figures, since people who don't have subscriptions can pick them up along with the figure out that month and save on shipping.

Somethings I'd definitely like to see are a 200x power sword with 200x He-Man, 200x Skeletor with cape and 200x sword. I'd also love it if BA Skeletor came with the energy blade that he had in the mini-comics.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    I don't need or want any new versions of He-Man and Skeletor. If Mattel makes these, they better be bonus figures, since I don't want these figures to take the main monthly slot, because I'll probably do subscriptions from now on and I really want to avoid these figures.

- Joni -
    Absolutely agree
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'd prefer Skelly and HM in addition to another monthly figure. The question also arises…what about the different versions of Hordak and She-Ra? I'd also prefer to see them in addition to another monthly figure.
    Hordak's variants really don't get much love around here. Neither do She-Ra and Catra's variants. In Hordak's case, it might be the "transformer" aspect that Hurricane and Buzzsaw Hordak had, as opposed to Hordak's new role as an evil sorceror.

As for the ladies Starburst She-Ra might have some reinventive possibilities, but Bubble Power She-Ra, Shower Power Catra and Scratchin' Sound Catra?

Like He-Man and Skeletor's variants, not all variants are needed. Just take the most popular ones.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I think something like BA He-man or BA Skeletor should be bonus figs. But NA He-man or NA Skeletor shouldn't really just be bonus figures. I only say this because the BA figs won't need a whole lot in terms of new peices depending on how they are made. So they would work perfect for bonus figs.

I want Dragon Blaster and Terror Claw Skeletors!!

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    I don't mind variants, but agree I think they should be bonus figures. I really would like to see Battle Armor He-Man/ Skeletor and the 200x version of Snake Armor He-Man done up in the MOTUC style.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    BA He-man and Skeletor are just as important to the line as the originals were. It was really the different versions that kept the kids interested and some of the designs where actually pretty good.
    THIS I would debate. I always GOT Battle Armor He-man, but that's the only one they were selling. Parents got Thunder Punch... but I never liked him.

I wanted the one from the TV Show. Granted every time I got him I used him literally to death... but if they only sold the original I would have been a happy child!

As a kid I loved BA He-Man, I still do but the original is my fav now. I never liked BA Skeletor he looked kinda silly. All the other variants I never liked or had. Well I would have liked to own a Dragonblaster Skelly. A friend of mine owned him and I liked that watergun thing he came with.

It would be really cool if Mattel included full-torso removable battle armor with the upcoming He-Man and Skeletor reissues. I would love to be able to switch the same He-Man/Skeletor figure between the original and BA versions. I know that given the amount of accessories that those figures already come with that it’s asking a lot to have additional battle armor. But I think that adding the armor would rack up a whole bunch more orders for Mattel. (Like they need any help selling these figures)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I wanted the one from the TV Show. Granted every time I got him I used him literally to death... but if they only sold the original I would have been a happy child!
    LOL!!! I went through loads of He-Man figures as a kid, too. Damn rubber band legs...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    It would be really cool if Mattel included full-torso removable battle armor with the upcoming He-Man...
    No, the armor should be able to switch between battle damages. Like the vintage toy

Heroic Warrior
    200X variants were bad because there were so many of them and they clogged the shelves. However, some of He-Man and Skeletor ones were ridiculously cool.

Ice-Armor He-Man
    Ice-Armor Skeletor
    Battle Armor He-Man
    Battle Armor Skeletor
    Blood Red costumed Skeletor
    and Spin Blade Skeletor (yes the accesory was crap but Skeletor looks AWESOME in black)

In fact, I would say that the above variants looked better than any of the Classic ones except BA He-Man and Skeletor and maybe Laser Skeletor. Laser He-Man looked like a doofus (IMHO).