Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and Skeletor Variant Discussion (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc; all brands)

Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Nope - the sculpting of the skull/head/hood is miles off for a Filmation version, and he'd also need a new belt/loincloth combo (using the non-furry Optikk loincloth in all-black as a base, with an all-new belt/loincloth thing over it which had three rather than five prongs). Plus Keldor's feet, and plain wristbands.
    I guess I'm not that picky. If I was a 2002 fan, I probably would be just fine with MOTUC He-Man wearing King Grayskull's armor instead of a whole new figure.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Top Skelewants:
    Movie Skeletor (standard, not God Skeletor)
    NA Skeletor
    MYP Skeletor (MOTUCized)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    Movie version!!!! Movie version!!!! Movie version!!! Did I mention I would like the movie version? Also, an Alcala version would be pretty cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I want these Skeletors:

-NA
    -Dragon Blaster
    -Disks of Doom
    -Ice Armor
    -Fire Armor
    -Battle Armor
    -Terror Claws
    -(if/when possible) movie-styled, but using the Classics designs
    -Horde Apprentice (from the concept art)(If it makes sense in the Bio-Canon...)

-Demo-Man (if you want to count that...)
    All of the above

Court Magician

Thunder Punch He-Man

If and When Thunder Punch He-man make an appearance in the classics line do you see him using a new larger body sculpt? I must admit that when I used to play with him back in the day I always saw him as a suped-up stronger version of he-man because he had a bigger chest with the sculpted on armor and back back.

Nope, sorry.

All roughly human sized characters will be the same size and use the same body, that is the basics of the Classics line

Heroic Warrior
    I completely understand what you mean, but I'd rather keep them all at the same size... not worth the extra cost to me to get a slightly bigger He-Man even if Mattel would be willing to do it.

Maybe Matty can make him using the King Grayskull boots which are taller to make He-Man taller. It'd be neat to give him the Grayskull loincloth too but then he wouldn't be able to sit on Battle Cat.

I don't see Thunder Punch He-Man as getting a bulkier body & I think the standard body is good enough.

I DO want a Thunder Punch He-Man.
    I want my other half.

Heroic Warrior

Ugh! No thanks, just give me the He-Man variants that are legimately in canon like NA He-Man or Snake Armor He-Man. I don't want any gimmicky variants for him or Skeletor.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    To remind everyone, here's what TG said to effectively rule out a "200X He-Man"
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    That would be pretty much the extend [sic] of any new tooling [a 200X He-Man] figure would get. A new harness, new redeco and a pack in of the Man At Arms sword.

In the end, there are other more exciting refreshes of He-Man we would like to get to first.
    Now, let's swap that around a tad...

That would be pretty much the extent of any new tooling this figure would get. A new harness, new redeco and a pack in of the TRU He-Man sword.

In the end, there are other more exciting refreshes of He-Man we would like to get to first.
    Okay, there's the shield-thing, but it seems mighty similar...

So let's stop for a minute. He-Man variants, from the "vintage line" or which appeared in the MYP cartoon [no toy-only 200X variants, please] which involve more radical changes than a new harness, redeco and maybe one other accessory. NA He-Man and Snake Armour He-Man are obvious, even if NAHM's basically become a slight Bow redeco now. Others?

I want ALL variants, including Smash Blade He-Man. I would even like repaints such as "Disco" Skeletor. I'm a sucker for variants and significant repaints.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    That's an awesome custom! If/when we get a Thunder Punch He-Man, I imagine he'll look a lot like this.

Oh, no! You are not blocking out my Jungle Attack He-Man!!!

I love that toy! He must be a Classics figure before all is said and done!

Honestly, I would take any previously made variant as a toy in Classics, although the weird 200X repaints and pack-in figures could be skipped over if anything. I don't care about Spin/Smash Blades either, as they were mostly repaints as well.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Ugh! No thanks, just give me the He-Man variants that are legimately in canon like NA He-Man or Snake Armor He-Man. I don't want any gimmicky variants for him or Skeletor.
    I agree with this, I'm not fussed about any more of the Classic variants.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So let's stop for a minute. He-Man variants, from the "vintage line" or which appeared in the MYP cartoon [no toy-only 200X variants, please] which involve more radical changes than a new harness, redeco and maybe one other accessory. NA He-Man and Snake Armour He-Man are obvious, even if NAHM's basically become a slight Bow redeco now. Others?
    Ice Armor He-Man.

Flying Fist He-Man is like Battle Armor He-Man...probably a standard He-man with a new torso. Wonder if it'll be shinny?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Now, let's swap that around a tad...

That would be pretty much the extent of any new tooling this figure would get. A new harness, new redeco and a pack in of the TRU He-Man sword.

LOL, exactly.

Merely ONE example of how the word games utterly fail at holding water.

2002 Battle Sound He-Man

Would you folks want a MOTUC Battle Sound He-Man in both Silver & Gold versions or is the design too close to Battle Armor He-Man for you? I like it because it looks so cool with plate armor & chain mail underneath.

I want Battle Sound He-Man in both colors with the armor over his fur loincloth, the fur sword holder, axe, shield & Power Sword.

But just as how the 2002 figures had opposite colored chains on their fur sword holder, I'd want the loincloth armor to match the chest armor instead of silver for both. (Gold to Gold/Silver to Silver)

If they make the "H" symbol separate, they can use the same armor for a 2002 King Randor.
    I want my other half.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I want my Thunder Punch He-Man to come with pre-ban illegal explosive blast caps.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I want my Thunder Punch He-Man to come with pre-ban illegal explosive blast caps.
    Unless I missed something, I don't think that they've been banned. I can still go down to Walmart and pick them up. I saw them about a month ago.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Unless I missed something, I don't think that they've been banned. I can still go down to Walmart and pick them up. I saw them about a month ago.
    I'm pretty sure Mattel said something about them. Either that or it's illegal to ship them. I can't quite remember but I know I've heard it somewhere around here recently.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'm pretty sure Mattel said something about them. Either that or it's illegal to ship them. I can't quite remember but I know I've heard it somewhere around here recently.
    If we ever get a Thunder Punch He-Man, I'll ship you some for free if you can't find them at Walmart.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Thunder Punch He-Man.

Mekaneckpain's photo of the custom shows just how much we need a TP He-Man variant in MOTUC!

It would be cool if the caps could be turned into throwing stars in a similar way to how the 4H turned She-Ra's comb into a fearsome weapon.

My hope is that one of the hands is actually sculpted into a closed fist and uses transparent red plastic to represent TP's explosive power!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    Would you folks want a MOTUC Battle Sound He-Man in both Silver & Gold versions or is the design too close to Battle Armor He-Man for you? I like it because it looks so cool with plate armor & chain mail underneath.

I want Battle Sound He-Man in both colors with the armor over his fur loincloth, the fur sword holder, axe, shield & Power Sword.

But just as how the 2002 figures had opposite colored chains on their fur sword holder, I'd want the loincloth armor to match the chest armor instead of silver for both. (Gold to Gold/Silver to Silver)

If they make the "H" symbol separate, they can use the same armor for a 2002 King Randor.
    I saw your question in the Q&A thread earlier and thought what a coincidence cos I was looking at my gold BS He-Man earlier today and thinking about the chances of a gold Battle Armor He-Man variant.

Griffen* has been pushing for gold BA armor in the weapons pak but I think we need a full variant figure ... maybe via MOTUvsDC 2 pak, cos the figure needs the gold stomach.

At any rate, I don't think BA and BS He-Man are so different to justify different variants, but I had nearly forgotten about the sword holder slung over BS He-Man's shoulders. We definitely need that produced for MOTUC!

On the subject of 200x He-variants, I badly want an Eagle Flight Pak He-Man variant!!!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199