Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and Skeletor Variant Discussion (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc; all brands)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I think that honor should be reserved for...

...Smash Blade!
    I honestly would like to see Ice Armor He-man and Skeletor done. The armor and weapon for shield strike He-man was fantastic as well.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar

MOTUC DB Skeletor - skirt or no skirt???

I was just wondering what everyone here thought. Should MOTUC Dragon Blaster Skeletor come with the "skirt" (as in the cross-sell art), or without it (like the figure itself)? Personally I like the skirt, and have often thought of adding one to my DB Skeletor. The thing is that you can make that choice with the vintage figure. With MOTUC, the skirt is either there, or it isn't. It's not a separate part that can be added or removed at whim. ANyone else want their MOTUC DB Skeletor with the skirt???

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i want him to have the same loincloth that he is currently using, but if they make him w/o it it wouldn't bother me one bit.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Good question. Honestly, I won't make a fuss either way, and if it comes to a vote, I may just stay out of it and see where it goes. Only thing I can add is that, if they do make him with the skirt, I hope it matches the color of his armor. The standard purple one (though, matching the hood) might look a little out of place.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    i want him to have the same loincloth that he is currently using, but if they make him w/o it it wouldn't bother me one bit.

=)
    Do you mean the one they are currently using on MOTUC Skeletor, or the one they are using on MOTUC BA Skeletor??? LOL!

I would be interested in seeing it included, actually. Having it match his armor could be neat-o.

And since this is the Variations Thread...JUNGLE ATTACK HE-MAN!!! Make it so, Mattel!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior

Who wants NA Disks of Doom Skeletor done in Disco Skeletor Skeletor colors?

I just thought of a fun idea of bringing Disco Skeletor back into MOTUC as a a serious variant. Why not take advantage of the similarity of the words disk & disco, and when they introduce NA Disco of Doom Skeletor, they do his color scheme in same as the 200X "Disco Skeletor" figure. Even in a fun way, they can mention that Disco as a nickname of thoughts. I think in works out in a fun way.

Greyskull Decorator
    I always called him Rainbow Fiesta Skeletor, hoping that would catch on, it didn't. Disco of Doom Skeletor would have to include a disco version of the MOTU theme song though...

This is definitely the case where new version should NOT look much like the original toy, dunno about Disco colours however...

At least this one doesn't have Skeletor with rooted hair.

Random, very random.

They are two completely different variants, and you're going to upset a lot of NA fans here, who count DOD Skeletor as THE NA Skeletor (he permanently changes to that outfit in the 6th episode)
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oansun View Post
    I always called him Rainbow Fiesta Skeletor, hoping that would catch on, it didn't. Disco of Doom Skeletor would have to include a disco version of the MOTU theme song though...
    lol, "Disco Skeletor" had a lot of hilarious names when he first surfaced back in the 200x era.

Nowadays it seems that "Disco" is the one that prevailed. I guess it's a good describing word for it considering how "Battle" happy Mattel was during that era.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I just thought of a fun idea of bringing Disco Skeletor back into MOTUC as a a serious variant. Why not take advantage of the similarity of the words disk & disco, and when they introduce NA Disco of Doom Skeletor, they do his color scheme in same as the 200X "Disco Skeletor" figure. Even in a fun way, they can mention that Disco as a nickname of thoughts. I think in works out in a fun way.
    Always happy to see a Disco Skeletor variant released in MOTUC, however I think if Matty did this they'd risk upsetting a lot of MOTU and 200x fans here by mixing two totally different figures - a fun colour variant of Skeletor with ... with that other thing.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior

The official Disks of Doom Skeletor Thread

I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread for this Skeletor, so here it is.

Disks of Doom Skeletor is the rarest NA figure and really expensive today- besides this he is the most iconic NA Skeletor because in the cartoon he had this outfit most of the time.

Looking at him he could easily reuse some parts from other figures, Trap Jaw legs, Hordak feet, even Roboto arms!!

This would be an amazing quarterly, because most collector's don't have him though he is a really cool variant of the main baddie.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    And people ask me why I hated the NA designs so much...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    NA cartoon actually used their variants in stories, making them relevant. I like how in the sixth episode that Skeletor absorbed some magical energy and became DOD Skeletor. All of Skeletor's NA looks made it into the cartoon. I think He-Man's NA variants were trying to fix how scrawny the original NA He-Man was, rather than promote a new gimmick.

LOL! Disks of Doom Skeletor was on the cover of Phantasy Star 3! I have no idea why...
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 8, 2011 at 03:10pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I'm also looking forward to DoD Skeletor, as well as the other NA Mutants (especially Flogg for some odd reason--perhaps because I never had him, but always wanted him).

Great find, MGM--do you know which came first, the Skeletor or the game?
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Please use the cartoon look and NOT the toy look on this one. What an ugly toy.

I'd want the original or the one with the axe first, honestly, but I do have nostalgia for this one. He was an interesting toy, but it annoyed me back in the day because he couldn't hold the staff from the first one...or barely anything else.

Still, it's a cool design, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it in toy form. Would be nice to redesign that helmet, though...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Still, it's a cool design, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it in toy form. Would be nice to redesign that helmet, though...
    Is it true that his eyes were glowing/transparent? He is the only NA figure I'm missing...

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I would love to have this figure in classics. I've thinking about this for sometime now and wondering if people would prefer disks of doom or the regular NA skeletor. I prefer disks of doom but I'd like to see him look more like the cartoon and come with his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Is it true that his eyes were glowing/transparent? He is the only NA figure I'm missing...
    Yes, there's a hole in the back of his head where you can shine light through. It was a cool feature!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    I'm also looking forward to DoD Skeletor, as well as the other NA Mutants (especially Flogg for some odd reason--perhaps because I never had him, but always wanted him).

Great find, MGM--do you know which came first, the Skeletor or the game?
    The toy came out in 1990. The American PS3 cover came a year later, when the game was released. Skeletor is not in PS3, for those who are wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Please use the cartoon look and NOT the toy look on this one. What an ugly toy.
    I agree. They should also use the cartoon look for Artilla and cartoon helmet for Sagitar with the blue visor.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Bring on DOD Skeletor!
    Xbox Gamer tag: Darkbanshe
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

It would be a very cool figure!

Heroic Warrior
    I love DoD Skeletor! Along with Dragon Blaster Skeletor, DoD was my favorite Skeletor as a kid. The only Skeletors that I would want more in this line are the two from the movie (regular and god).