Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: He-Man and Skeletor Variant Discussion (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc; all brands)

This is my favorite Skeletor from NA. I have him, didn't realize he was rare (I don't have any of his accessories). But when they do an NA Skelly, if this is the only one they do, I'd be ok with it.
    Who has the Power?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    So, post-Jetlag rights, anyone doubt that the main (skull-chested) cartoon version will be the first MotUC NA Skeletor rather than the short-lived Laser Skeletor-alike?

[Lot of He-Skele threads around just now...]
    Last edited by Reboot; September 1, 2011 at 12:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    So, post-Jetlag rights, anyone doubt that the main (skull-chested) cartoon version will be the first MotUC NA Skeletor rather than the short-lived Laser Skeletor-alike?

[Lot of He-Skele threads around just now...]
    I doubt it. Seems like most people just want "NA Skeletor," who looks near-identical to Lazer Light Skeletor, even though he wore the Disks of Doom costume for most of the series. I'd rather see Disks of Doom Skeletor first.

Also, with Flipshot/Icarius' un-helmeted head, it doesn't give me a lot of hope that they're looking very much at the cartoon designs for the NA characters, which is sad, because I think the cartoon looks are the best looking (compared to the looks of the action figures).
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior

Need support for Disco Skeletor

I wasn't quite DISCO SKELETOR sure how to create DISCO SKELETOR support for the character I DISCO SKELETOR want made.

Do I DISCO SKELETOR create a poll? What would it DISCO SKELETOR say?

Or do I DISCO SKELETOR create some well thought out DISCO SKELETOR post saying why this DISCO SKELETOR particular figure should be made?

So I would DISCO SKELETOR appreciate it if you all DISCO SKELETOR would give me some ideas DISCO SKELETOR on how I should present my DISCO SKELETOR case for my character.

A character I will reveal DISCO SKELETOR once I get those DISCO SKELETOR ideas.

(yah. I know. A tad over down. but you got to admit it was different)

(not very funny? maybe not. but you got to admit it was different)

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    You have my support.

Heroic Warrior
    Not quite what I had in mind. But that would make a great color change version. Why not? They did it for orko.

ADDITIONAL:
    Thanks for your support.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    is this more DISCO SKELETOR like it??

Heroic Warrior
    nice.

but it just makes me want a Songster/Drummer Skeletor 2 Pack.

If it's support you want, then it's support you'll get!

I Disco Skeletor want Disco Skeletor
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you.

Let's keep the support coming in.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    You have my support. I have minature disco balls in various colors hanging from a light on my desk so I already have proper accessories for him.

I also like that Disco Skeletor's origin story is speculated to be Mattel employees tripping when they came up with his color scheme. Lots of good names for him when he came out. Acid Trip Skeletor, Rave Skeletor, etc... all things I enjoy or have enjoyed at one point in time. I'm fine with his official name ending up Disco Skeletor though!

He was also the subject of one of my favorite episodes of That New Toy Smell...

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

The only variants I really care about are the Ice and Snake armors for He-Man and NA for both.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    You have my support. I have minature disco balls in various colors hanging from a light on my desk so I already have proper accessories for him.

I also like that Disco Skeletor's origin story is speculated to be Mattel employees tripping when they came up with his color scheme. Lots of good names for him when he came out. Acid Trip Skeletor, Rave Skeletor, etc... all things I enjoy or have enjoyed at one point in time. I'm fine with his official name ending up Disco Skeletor though!

He was also the subject of one of my favorite episodes of That New Toy Smell...

Thanks Count Marzo.

He is the subject of my favorite Pixel Dan review

As for name I want Disco but I wouldn't be surprised if they called him Battle Ground.

MOTUC ThunderStrike He-Man

The forearm weapon should arm like Man-At-Arms its extra armor forearm or like the Cosmic Key from Mighty Spector!
    Last edited by He-Ro; July 26, 2012 at 05:16am.
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I think this is just a mock-up, dude. The grammar in the bio sounds like it was sent through a translation service from another language then to English. Looks good, though!
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

And on the back of the cards they never put the stickers either. Cool concept thou.......
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

@Admin or MOD: I have start a Topic with reason!
    If you want all in same place and out of discution and new made a sub forum for fan idea Topic!

@all
    Yes my english is not the best and self google translator can not fix this xD
    Words like "Schield" i have write big why it looks better ;D

On the Back-card i have seperated in Good Guys and Bad Guys
    and a Faction Logo ist good for showing who is who. (i like you like it )

Have some one an idea for the forearm weapon ?

What you guys think of his boots
    ( I don't want made new boots i think it looks better if he have the same like the normal NA He-Man! )
    ( I don't wanna say the Vintage NA Thunder Punch / Thunderstrike He-Man looks bad with his boots! )
    Last edited by He-Ro; July 26, 2012 at 05:26am.
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

NA Skeletor Should be Disks of Doom Animation Based!

If we are to get a New Adventures version of Skeletor, it should be based on the "Disks of Doom" look with some Animated touches.

Why?

1. Appearances. Of the 64 episodes of the series, it's his look for 48 of them. Then with a change from helmet to circlet, it was his look for another 11 episodes, for a total of 59 episodes or about 92% of NA. It's the definitive look for the character in the series.

2. Two in one. With a second head with the circlet, there'd be two ways to display the figure, either with the "cupboard" helmet or the circlet. Also it would be almost two variants in one that way as well, given that "Battle Blade" Skeletor is pretty much the same figure as the circlet head on the prior body.

3. Minimal new tooling. With 2 new heads, new armor, and a new Havoc Staff (he needs that to be NA!), the rest can be reused parts; The Glove arms, Vykron tank boots, and the "robot" pelvis.

4. A Different look. The Laser Light/First NA look is too much like Skeletor with a new chestplate. The "Disks of Doom" variant actually looks like a different figure from the other variants we've gotten in the line.

Who else agrees?
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    All of these are very valid points. This was how he appeared through the majority of the show, and I think it was a much cooler design than his original look. Plus great points on the 2nd head. I was thinking the other day about how NA Skeletor looks a lot like Lazer Power and that it may be better to do just one or the other.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

I think this is a very good point too, but I think the original version in the 1st 5 episodes or so seems the most iconic for the average fan.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

We really need both, though I know that might be unlikely now. I do tend to think the first look is more iconic though. Partly because that's the look more fans are familiar with as the cartoon wasn't so popular.

Honestly I want all post-Terror Claw Skeletor variants more than any other variants in the line, more than the Dragon Blaster and Terror Claws versions. So basically no way do I want Mattel to combine them since I like the differences between them (color scheme and all). Ironically I think Disks of Doom is probably the least appealing of the lot, and yeah basing it on the cartoon would be an improvement, but not at the expense of Battle Blade Skeletor! Similarly I don't want Laser-Light and NA Skeletor to be combined unless we really are facing the absolute dead end of the line.

But my first choice would be NA Skeletor over DoD Skeletor. I just thought he looked cooler as a toy, with the helmet and cape and all. I disliked the DoD Skeletor both on the cartoon and as a toy in comparison, although I did like Battle Blade Skeletor a lot. Just my preferences here of course, not a roadmap Mattel would ever follow.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 19, 2012 at 03:27pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    thinking about it I would be happy if we were given the accessories of the variants. like battle armor, terror claws, ect.
    if we could have more slots for other figures.

already have he-man & skeletor; just swap out the accessories to make the varients like battle armor, thunder punch, terro claws, flying fists, ect.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    thinking about it I would be happy if we were given the accessories of the variants. like battle armor, terror claws, ect.
    if we could have more slots for other figures.

already have he-man & skeletor; just swap out the accessories to make the varients like battle armor, thunder punch, terro claws, flying fists, ect.
    I agree with that 100%.

Heroic Warrior

Terror Claws Skeletor and New Adventures Skeletor Multi Pack Like Vykron?

I was wondering if ya'll would support a Terror Claws Skeletor/NA Skeletor multipak like Vykron was offered. One figure, but with the parts you need to make either Skeletor.

I never had either of these figures as a kid. I don't particular like when Matty uses a repaint in a slot for the month. Not really looking forward to Filmation King Randor, but that's just me (BEFORE I GET FLAMMED BY EVERYONE).

Opinions.