Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: He-Man and Skeletor Variant Discussion (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc; all brands)

Nah, i'd rather have them separate. I didn't mind throwing the extra Vykron stuff on other bodies because it was fun creating other characters with the parts, but I'd much rather have two separate Skeletors so I don't have to buy two of those packs to have two complete figures and then a bunch of extra parts.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    No because NA is totally a DIFFERENT concept from vintage skeletor ! But I do want to see TC Skeletor getting Filmation design elements !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Heroic Warrior
    Since we're getting King He-Man next year, how do you feel about also getting a King Skeletor figure as the 4th quarter variant? I can only imagine the Horsemen going wild on him, incorporating elements from the '87 movie into him.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Since we're getting King He-Man next year, how do you feel about also getting a King Skeletor figure as the 4th quarter variant? I can only imagine the Horsemen going wild on him, incorporating elements from the '87 movie into him.
    only if they get the movie rights, and maybe frank langellas likeness (covered in makeup) rights
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I still have my fingers crossed for:

* New Adventures Skeletor
    * Snake Armor He-Man

Besides those two, I'm still hopeful we can get a Filmation/Buzz Saw Hordak hybrid, Starburst She-Ra with the vintage toy uniform sculpt, and a Filmation accurate Teela, with a Filmation repaint of MAA's head.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Disks of Doom Skeletor

I know some people say this is an obscure variation in an obscure line, but hear me out.

I'm excited that we're getting NA He-Man and that he can be re-arranged to match his Jetlag cartoon look or the original toy look. NA Skeletor will hopefully follow soon. Officially NA Skeletor is the one with red armor. That version of Skeletor has been popping up in MOTUC media. But realistically, that's not how he looked in the majority of the cartoon. The fweek long mini-series permiere of the NA show followed He-Man and Skeletor travelling from Eternia to The Tri-Solar System with Skeletor in red armor (and with eyeballs). But the proper series started with Skeletor adapting his Samurai look, more in line with DoD Skeletor. That was always a more fitting look to the series for me.

I have nothing against that other Skeletor variant. But I hope we can get a proper Disks of Doom Skeletor to fight NA He-Man and lead the Mutants.
    Last edited by whbinder; February 12, 2013 at 11:08am.

Heck yes! I think this one is pretty important, as it was featured in the cartoon.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I'd like to see a Queen Marlena type release, where you can change him back and forth between the original and DoD. They're doing something like that with NA He-Man anyway, why not Skeletor?
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    I'd like to see a Queen Marlena type release, where you can change him back and forth between the original and DoD. They're doing something like that with NA He-Man anyway, why not Skeletor?
    Not that I don't think it's a good idea, but vintage NA He-Man *came* with his armor and helmet. The 3 different Skeletors were 3 different figures. I'd love to see it happen, but I'd rather have the Horsemen go nuts on the original NA Skeletor.

Well, I don't care about SKUs. I'd be happy if they found a way to package Skeletor that way, but I don't think it's as likely. He-Man has an interchangeable head and an armor piece. Skeletor's differences are a lot more pronounced, so it seems less likely. More likely they could make a NA Skeletor interchangable with Laser Light Skeletor. But hey, if Four Horsemen could figure it out, I'd be game.

I wonder if anyone would want a "Skeletor with hair" head from the tail end of the series.

More He-Man/Skeletor variants in 2014-2015?

Do you guys think there will be more He-Man/Skeletor variants within 2014-2015?

If you do...

1. How many do you think they will be?

2. Which ones you would like to see?
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty sure we'll see NA Skeletor in '14 and I wouldn't doubt we'll see Laser Light He-Man and Skeletor in '15. Matty's been awesome about giving us figures that didn't get released or barely released from the vintage line. Hope to see that continue. I'd love to see 200x Snake Armor He-Man(with King Grayskull head packed in) as well as Ice Armor He-Man, but I don't know where there's going to be room for them in the revised roadmap.

Flying Fists, and Terror Claw have been mentioned already, NA I would assume.... I highly doubt we'll see 200X variants. I want to see a deserving Filmation Hordak first before the millions of already having figures 200X versions of characters regardless of those characters being the most popular in the line.

Filmation Hordak has never been made, and is an iconic version of him from Vintage media.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I am not fond of too many variants, but I must admit I would like to see Snake Armor He-Man and Ice Armor He-Man too. Not into NA Skeletor, but he will be since there is already a NA He-Man.

But... I rather see more characters than more He-Man/Skeletor variants. I would only vote for Snake Armor and that's it, in my opinion.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Heroic Warrior

Laser Light X Terror Claw/Flying Fists?

Assuming that the line would get just 1 more set of He-Man/Skelletor variants, between LL or TC/FF what do you prefer, or would be a better choice for the line.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
    Assuming that the line would get just 1 more set of He-Man/Skelletor variants, between LL or TC/FF what do you prefer, or would be a better choice for the line.
    where did uou get this info about JUST 1 MORE ?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If we could only get one of those two sets, I'd go for the Laser powered figures. Mainly because I'll never be able to afford the vintage figures.

IF we were to get just one more He-Man variant and one more Skeletor variant, I vote for the lasers as well.
    The FF and TC variants are just armors, that Mattel could release down the line. The Lasers require more new pieces for the characters.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Laser figures, I think. But they could also include bonus claws/weapons so you could transform other your other He-Man/Skeletor figures into the TC/FF variants.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

AGH, that's tough. The vintage guy in me wants the TT/FF because I never had 'em as a kid and I always wanted them. The current collector that I am wants the Laser figures, though...'cause DANG they're awesome! Also I am such a sucker for obscure/rare figures and those guys really fit the bill!

Urg...um...if there were only one set...um...gah, maybe the Laser guys? Yeah, I think I'm leaning toward the Laser guys. Given the limit of only one of the set being made. They're just too cool, and the TT/FF figures really only have nostalgia on their side. 'Cause come on...the Flying Fists were one heck of a crappy upgrade to a THUNDER PUNCH.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I would choose the Laser figures in a heartbeat...but I would prefer to have both
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; August 28, 2013 at 01:38pm.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Terror Claws, and Flying Fists....I don't like the Laser power stuff at all, too reminiscent of the later NA figures for my tastes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    where did uou get this info about JUST 1 MORE ?
    It's not real info, just a hypothetical.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I prefer the Terror Claws / Flying Fists set so I would vote for that. Except if the Laser guys really have their light up feature
    Awesome sticker included!

Terror Claws and Flying Fists - but we are supposed to be getting both....if we get 2016....

Side note: Since Buzzsaw Hordak is the exact same Hordack figure but with a chest that opens, and we don't do action features in Classics...I would love to see Buzzsaw Horday released in Filmation colors...with a Buzzsaw item included as a weapon!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Definitely the Laser figures since I'll likely never own the vintage versions.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!