Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 364

Thread: He-Man and Skeletor Variant Discussion (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc; all brands)

  1. #26
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    Varients? no thanks.

    BA he-man would be pointless unless you could make the dents on his chest, & thunder punch would be redundant if it didn't have the ''thunder''.

    I for one had my fill of varients from the last toyline. i'd rather just have accessory packs rather than shell out another $20 for a varient of a character i already have. that, i won't do.

    another thing that bothers me is the sheer pointlessness of varients in the first place. If he-man is the most powerful man in the universe, why would he need special armor & other weapons in the first place? they apparently don't make him any more powerful than he already is, or he wouldn't be called the MOST powerful man in the universe.
    i could see Skeletor making various weapons & gadgets to help him try to defeat He-man, but He-man is already as strong as he can get, so he doesn't need any of that other stuff to stop Skeletor & his goo

    they've made enough varients the last time to last a lifetime. i like my 2002 he-man and ''Keldor'' figures, which are perfection to me. i'd never need another figure of those two for as long as i live.
    I'd much rather have all the various characters made first, and then if the line is still going; add a couple varients.

    As for making a HM or skeletor varient each yr, not needed. very pointless imo. only do that if they want the line to end real fast like last time. get all the characters made first, then do a few other varients. since they reuse parts, i guess they're all varients in a sort of way.

    the only varients they would need to make imo, would be an 80's version & myp version for each character. If they did that, i'd buy both versions.
    I tottaly agree with every thing you said.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  2. #27
    Evil Master of Editing Evil Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Hordak.de & Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    901
    Please not sacrificing the spot of another character for a variant! in an additional spot however I wouldn't mind a couple of 'em on long term - remade classic variants I'd even like.


    edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

    See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

  3. #28
    Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    780
    The only varients of these two I would want are the New Adventures ones, tbh Id like to see them more than the regular versions in a way, just to see what 4HM could do with them

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    529
    What if the Con exclusives were actual ACTION figures, and not just variants of poseable figures?

    Like Thunder Punch with actual punching action? Or even just Flying Fists He-Man with spastically swinging arms?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

    My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

  5. #30
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,008
    The only variants I'd understand are the ones that make sense. Not stuff like "power-ups" like Thunder Punch/Flying Fists/Snake Men Armor/Terror Claws/Dragon Blaster/Hurricane.

    I COULD see variants that are of environmental concerns--i.e., Ice Armor He-Man for when he's in icy environments or MAA in a underwater variant of his armor. But Mattel should only do this when the line is winding down and they need the star power of the older characters to balance out the more obscure characters from NA and POP.

    If there should be variants, we should get character-oriented variants, like Jungle Barbarian Alcala He-Man, blonde Alcala Teela, Kronus, Keldor, Captain Randor, Warrior Marlena, etc. Make THESE characters like convention/subscription exclusives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    another thing that bothers me is the sheer pointlessness of varients in the first place. If he-man is the most powerful man in the universe, why would he need special armor & other weapons in the first place? they apparently don't make him any more powerful than he already is, or he wouldn't be called the MOST powerful man in the universe.
    i could see Skeletor making various weapons & gadgets to help him try to defeat He-man, but He-man is already as strong as he can get, so he doesn't need any of that other stuff to stop Skeletor & his goons.
    In the classic line, He-Man got power-ups as Skeletor got better. There were threats that "normal" He-Man couldn't beat without some kind of power-up. His status as "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe" wasn't static. As his enemies evolved to counter his power, He-Man had to evolve to handle his enemies as they got increasingly powerful.

    And no, I don't want "power-up" variants.

    the only varients they would need to make imo, would be an 80's version & myp version for each character. If they did that, i'd buy both versions.
    I agree!!!!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 4, 2008 at 12:34pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ludington, MI USA
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    Varients? no thanks.

    BA he-man would be pointless unless you could make the dents on his chest, & thunder punch would be redundant if it didn't have the ''thunder''.

    I for one had my fill of varients from the last toyline. i'd rather just have accessory packs rather than shell out another $20 for a varient of a character i already have. that, i won't do.

    another thing that bothers me is the sheer pointlessness of varients in the first place. If he-man is the most powerful man in the universe, why would he need special armor & other weapons in the first place? they apparently don't make him any more powerful than he already is, or he wouldn't be called the MOST powerful man in the universe.
    i could see Skeletor making various weapons & gadgets to help him try to defeat He-man, but He-man is already as strong as he can get, so he doesn't need any of that other stuff to stop Skeletor & his goons.

    they've made enough varients the last time to last a lifetime. i like my 2002 he-man and ''Keldor'' figures, which are perfection to me. i'd never need another figure of those two for as long as i live.
    I'd much rather have all the various characters made first, and then if the line is still going; add a couple varients.

    As for making a HM or skeletor varient each yr, not needed. very pointless imo. only do that if they want the line to end real fast like last time. get all the characters made first, then do a few other varients. since they reuse parts, i guess they're all varients in a sort of way.

    the only varients they would need to make imo, would be an 80's version & myp version for each character. If they did that, i'd buy both versions.
    Just because hes the most powerful man in the universe doesnt mean he cant be beaten or hurt. Just that hes the most powerful. So lets say skeletor is second or hordak. put them together and they are as strong, if not stronger. Or another thing comes along that is not a man. He could still be beaten. Hes not the most unstoppable or unbeatable man in the universe. Just the most powerful. So he may need armor, swords, or other things to even the odds. There are lots of people in the world stronger then me. But if I had a sword, ax, gun ect I could beat them. Or even brass knuckles.lol

    No one is perfect, He-Man included. So he may need some equipment to help out. Iam okay with that.

  7. #32
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,008
    Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    Just because hes the most powerful man in the universe doesnt mean he cant be beaten or hurt. Just that hes the most powerful. So lets say skeletor is second or hordak. put them together and they are as strong, if not stronger. Or another thing comes along that is not a man. He could still be beaten. Hes not the most unstoppable or unbeatable man in the universe. Just the most powerful. So he may need armor, swords, or other things to even the odds. There are lots of people in the world stronger then me. But if I had a sword, ax, gun ect I could beat them. Or even brass knuckles.lol

    No one is perfect, He-Man included. So he may need some equipment to help out. Iam okay with that.
    But as far as the toyline, if the other "power-up" figures don't do anything different, besides a change of clothes, they are invalidated unless they are some kind of environmental armor or suit.

  8. #33
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,165
    I think the proposed convention slot is the most logical place for any big two variants for two reasons:

    Folks who don't want them taking slots from a new character can pass on them easily enough, and there's no rush to Matty after the con to get a needed unique character.

    The old "we sell it at the con because it wouldn't sell at retail" reasoning we usually hear for a unique character being a con exclusive isn't valid here. There is no retail, and the market at the cons is the same market for the line as a whole. There's nobody that you'd sell at the con that you couldn't sell on Matty (although I could see some argument that being a con exclusive has some mystical power to make the figure more sellable, though I doubt it would make a significant difference. People pass on con exclusives the way they pass on anything else in their collection, from what I'm hearing across the net this year).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    4,748
    I don't want varients until we're well into the line - the first being Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor!

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior Novelty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Erehwon
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I don't want varients until we're well into the line - the first being Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor!
    I would say that I don't want variants until we have got all the other key characters. At least hopefully that means we will get a Hordak and a Catra before a Battle Armor He-man.
    Got Fur

    I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

  11. #36
    wants Dragstor!!! Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Plains of Perpetua
    Posts
    13,820
    I think it would be awesome if they released those variants as Exclusives every once in a while. Or maybe offer "ultimate [insert name here] weapons packs" as additions to the figures. Like this...

    ULTIMATE HE-MAN WEAPONS PACK
    Contents:
    - Battle Armor (clip-on armor)
    - Thunder Punch Armor (strap-on harness)
    - Thunder Punch Sword (golden power sword repaint)
    - Thunder Punch Shield
    - Flying Fists Armor (clip-on armor)
    - Flying Fists weapons (bola weapon & shield)
    - Laser-Power Armor & weaponry (strap-on armor with transculent sword)

    ULTIMATE SKELETOR WEAPONS PACK
    Contents:
    - Battle Armor (clip-on armor)
    - Dragon Blaster Armor (clip-on armor with chain & lock)
    - Dragon Blaster Dragon (mini-figured, can stand on itself or clip on armor)
    - Terror Claws Armor (clip-on)
    - Terror Claws weapons (2 gloves & dragon weapon)
    - Laser-Light Armor (clip-on armor with cape)
    - Laser-Light Staff (transculent red Havoc Staff reuse)

    Naturally due to cost issues and the different molds on the original figures, Mattel could leave out the laser stuff. But the other variants all pretty much could work with the basic He-Man and Skeletor figures - okay, some details like TP He-Man's orange wristbands wouldn't be able to do, but IMO it's a small cost.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

  12. #37
    Overlord of Evil stevetor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I think it would be awesome if they released those variants as Exclusives every once in a while. Or maybe offer "ultimate [insert name here] weapons packs" as additions to the figures. Like this...

    ULTIMATE HE-MAN WEAPONS PACK
    Contents:
    - Battle Armor (clip-on armor)
    - Thunder Punch Armor (strap-on harness)
    - Thunder Punch Sword (golden power sword repaint)
    - Thunder Punch Shield
    - Flying Fists Armor (clip-on armor)
    - Flying Fists weapons (bola weapon & shield)
    - Laser-Power Armor & weaponry (strap-on armor with transculent sword)

    ULTIMATE SKELETOR WEAPONS PACK
    Contents:
    - Battle Armor (clip-on armor)
    - Dragon Blaster Armor (clip-on armor with chain & lock)
    - Dragon Blaster Dragon (mini-figured, can stand on itself or clip on armor)
    - Terror Claws Armor (clip-on)
    - Terror Claws weapons (2 gloves & dragon weapon)
    - Laser-Light Armor (clip-on armor with cape)
    - Laser-Light Staff (transculent red Havoc Staff reuse)

    Naturally due to cost issues and the different molds on the original figures, Mattel could leave out the laser stuff. But the other variants all pretty much could work with the basic He-Man and Skeletor figures - okay, some details like TP He-Man's orange wristbands wouldn't be able to do, but IMO it's a small cost.

    This is Genius!
    I like Sir Reilly's Idea.

    but as far as variants go:

    NO!
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

    MY .ORG FEEDBACK

    MY EBAY FEEDBACK

    "I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

  13. #38
    Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sweden, Northern part
    Posts
    5,846
    Well, I would want variants down the line. Variants that have story-value, or historical value, like Green Goddess and Savage He-man.

    Story-value would be in year 3, if we finally get some NA figures, then obviously we need the NA He-man and Skelly.

    Or the Movie figures as well, those make sense because it's an entire story of MotU with a similar theme.

    And I'll admit it... I'd be interested in a Snake Armour He-man, just because he was so darn cool.

    Some variants should certainly be con-exclusives, like perhaps Savage He-man, but others I'd definitely like to be regular figures.

    And yes, variants make sense when you're trying to drum up some interest in more obscure characters, like I've already said about New Adventures and the old Movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    As soon as they mntioned 2 con exclusives per year, this is what I thought of. I'd prefer a unique character, but that would be a great way to get the classic variants out there without taking over a monthly figure slot. Plus, there probably wouldn't be the usual uproar that we normally get with con exclusives if the exclusives were variants. (Of course, it's probably folly to underestimate your average action figure collector's ability to complain. )

  14. #39
    He-Man.org Administrator TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,249
    The first duplicated of He-Man and Skeletor I'd like to see are the New Adventures design. I'd also pick up a Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor. I'm also a big flying fists He-Man fan, but I don't think we need that many He-Mans or Skeletors. If anything, just the New Adventures designs will be good with me.

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  15. #40
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    ULTIMATE HE-MAN WEAPONS PACK
    Contents:
    - Battle Armor (clip-on armor)
    - Thunder Punch Armor (strap-on harness)
    - Thunder Punch Sword (golden power sword repaint)
    - Thunder Punch Shield
    - Flying Fists Armor (clip-on armor)
    - Flying Fists weapons (bola weapon & shield)
    - Laser-Power Armor & weaponry (strap-on armor with transculent sword)

    ULTIMATE SKELETOR WEAPONS PACK
    Contents:
    - Battle Armor (clip-on armor)
    - Dragon Blaster Armor (clip-on armor with chain & lock)
    - Dragon Blaster Dragon (mini-figured, can stand on itself or clip on armor)
    - Terror Claws Armor (clip-on)
    - Terror Claws weapons (2 gloves & dragon weapon)
    - Laser-Light Armor (clip-on armor with cape)
    - Laser-Light Staff (transculent red Havoc Staff reuse)

    .

    Yea I am all for this idea. Make your own varients all the way.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    The first duplicated of He-Man and Skeletor I'd like to see are the New Adventures design. I'd also pick up a Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor. I'm also a big flying fists He-Man fan, but I don't think we need that many He-Mans or Skeletors. If anything, just the New Adventures designs will be good with me.

    I agree, the NA ones would make really cool figures, I'd want the BA ones and maybe they could so a Snake Armor He-Man and Movie Skeletor and I'll be happy.

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior theblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA, USA
    Posts
    789

    He-Man/Skeletor Variants question

    Sorry if a thread like this already exists, but I gotta ask...

    Which variants of He-Man and Skele would you like MOTUC to create?

    Me personally, I'd love to see a Battle Armor He-Man, but instead of the spinning battle damage part, I'd like to have a pristine layer that can be knocked off revealing a damaged layer that way, a much better update to the original IMHO .

    And as for Skele? Dragon Blaster of course, and his pet dragon should be removable instead of being attached to the armor, and still have a water spraying mouth.

    What do you guys think?
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

    My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

  18. #43
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    4,260
    I really don`t want any variants of characters until all the characters have been released first, then I have no problem with updates of any variants
    Last edited by adam03; December 28, 2008 at 09:44pm.

  19. #44
    The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    4,621
    Both BA...and...

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior theblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA, USA
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I really don`t want any variants of characters until all the characters have been released first, then I have no problem waith updates of any variants
    You're probably right, I'd rather they focus on releasing all the other characters first to. I don't want them making the same mistake with the 200X line.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

    My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    132
    The only ones I don't have from the original line. Laser Light!

  22. #47
    Tri-Solar Lord Oceanwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,009
    Snake Armor He-Man!
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

    http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,672
    The only ones I really cared about was BA He-man. Had Thunderpunch... didn't care for him. Never had a Skeletor varient

    i would probably buy A NA He-man and Skeletor, just to see what they'd be like in the new line, And I would love some kind of Skeletor with a cape or cloak like myp and the Movie.

    All in all there are a LOT of 3rd or 4th tier characters I really don't care about and would rather have the above charcters... However with only 12 a year .....

    Here's what I would suggest.

    1) With a line that requires word of mouth like this one... there ALWAYS has to be a He-man available. Ideally that should be the Standard He-man. Come April when people who have never heard of Matty or the .org see these collections and want to get into them, we simply can't say Oh he-man's sold out, but you can still order Orko and Man at arms. The line is about He-man. two years from now people need to be able to Order he-man. If they decided to stop producing regular skeletor... then at least they'll be able to get BA or Dragon blaster skeletor.

    2) He-man and skeletor are the ONLY characters deserving of Varients. no Snake armor MAA or Triclops.We only get 12 a year. We don't want useless remakes. Some of the original varients however have taken a life of their own. To SOME people BA He-man was the only (or the first) He-man they ever got, and for Nostalgia reasons They have a right to be made.

    3) I personally think that these characters should be .org exclusives or Convention exclusives (with some selling online like Faker) That way for the completists or the ones who REALLY like these characters, They get them. For the people who see them as useless varients, they won't take up our 12 a year slots.

    4) Best case scenario would be to bump things up to TWO a month characters. then when they slip in Thunderpunch He-man the same month as Fisto.... Everyone will still be getting something they want

  24. #49
    A Real Master Of Arms nato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,114
    I would like both Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor. When I collected the originals, I never had the original He-Man or Skeletor.....I just had the BA ones.

    However, I would like these released AFTER we get pretty much every other character......unless there is a guarantee the line is going strong and will continue.

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    2,231
    I'd love to see Dragon Blaster Skeletor, with a removable dragon, to give us an extra character.
    ne jabba no badda!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •