Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and Skeletor Variant Discussion (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc; all brands)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    It wouldn't need to work exactly like the original, just a rotating piece that you can turn manually like Tri-Klops visor would do.

HM & Skelly would only need 3 new parts each: Chest, Abs, and the rotating chest cylinder. All the other parts can be recycled from the original versions.
    I think it would be tough to fit even a manually rotating cylinder in the MOTUC chest.

The classic MOTU chest was mostly hollow. The arms had simple pegs that inserted into the arms not the chest, and the waist peg was releatively low profile. This left almost the entire chest hollow for action features like the Battle Armor cylinder, the cap mechanism for Thunder Punch, or the gears for Flying Fists.

The MOTUC chest has a lot less open space. The ball joints in the shoulders intrude into the chest cavity, and the pegs are seated in the chest cavity. The ab crunch construction similary fills up a good portion of the chest cavity.

I just don't see how you could retain the articulation in a MOTUC and fit a armor cylinder, even if it was spun manually.

And Mattel has stated that action features are not a priority for MOTUC, so I doubt they'd want to lose that much articulation to accomodate one.

I think removable armor w/ swappable damage parts is the way to go. It's consistent with the direction of MOTUC, that is to include or mimic features that don't detract from the look or articulation of the figure.

Spy

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have to agree that we will probably not get BA He-man and Skeletor with the armor damage feature. Don't kid yourselves, different versions are coming and I just don't see why some people would get up in arms (pun) over that. As a kid, I thought it was awesome to have some of those variants. I really liked my BA He-man and Skeletor. I didn't like Thunder Punch He-man because of the closed fist, but I liked Flying Fist He-man and Terror claws and Dragon Blast Skeletor were cool. I guess you had to be a kid to understand it.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    No, I don't want them to have removable armour, I want a new torso with a chest piece you can turn to show battle damage.

That way they can also have the ab crunch without compromising the armours appearance.
    I would prefer this over any other handling of BA He-man. But I just don't see Mattel spending the money on tooling. If we get BA He-Man, he's probably going to be just like Hordak using the same smooth stomach lower torso combined with the standard upper torso, both cast in gray/silver plastic, with a removable halter top.

To be honest, I really don't like the Hordak style armor. I would love it if He-Man's armor could switch between original and BA. Honestly though, figuring that Mattel probably won't sculpt an entirely new torso, that's just my way of saying I want full torso armor instead of the Hordak style.

I am really hoping for a Battle Armour He-man before a regular He-man

But I have a regular He-man and I know a lot of you don't.

I also know for a lot of you BA He-man was the He-man you had when you grey up and not the regular He-man.
    Seeing He-ros armour and the staction we had I am just REALLY excited about BA He-man:

They actually look a lot alike. Even the "H" figure can be found on both if you have some imagination.

What if the BIO would say that the Battle Armour is actually He-ros adjusted to the new owner just like the "The sword of He" changed colour!

What do you think?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Don't kid yourselves, different versions are coming and I just don't see why some people would get up in arms (pun) over that.
    It's easy to understand: PSBTS (Post Smash Blade Trauma Syndrome). It's a common affliction among MOTU fans, caused by severe over exposure to Smash Blade He-Man figures. It tends to generalize to any He-Man or Skeletor variants very quickly. The worst known case was recorded in an individual we will call the old dragon; to this day, he still has a nervous twitch at the mere mention of the term "He-Man variant" or any similar term.

I agree that some He-variants are inevitable, and some may even be desirable, but, with only one figure a month, I can understand folks not wanting another He-Man to take the slot of a different character. And, at this point, Mattel really can't justify it with the old "we need a bunch of He-Mans and Skeletors or the line won't sell," not with characters like Stratos and Zodac selling out in a few days.

As a second or bonus figure one month, I wouldn't mind new versions of the original versions (though if they make an SB He-Man, they better start running). But I'd have a problem with such a figure taking up a monthly slot at this point, as it doesn't seem to be needed to bolster the line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I would just like Alcala style Skeletor, that would be something different.

I could see BA He-Man & BA Skeletor being bonus figures in 2010 with Extra Removable Armor on the original MOTUC versions. Whether they had swappable "battle damage" plug-ins or not would mean nothing to me, so long as we get the BA versions some point.

I could also see Terror Claws Skeletor and Thunder Punch He-Man as variants for 2011, if we don't get the 200X versions that year.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

If they do a 200X MOTUC Skeletor, would you want a bone-colored face?

So In the latest round of answers from Matty it's stated that A-list characters may get the 200X treatment. If Skeletor is released in this fashion, would you guys want a bone-colored face, like in the animated show? Personally, I always wanted one like this since the MYP cartoon, I think it makes Skeletor look even more sinister. I love the classic yellow/green face, but now we have every version of that possible. At the very least, it would be cool to have a bone-painted face as an extra interchangeable head-throw in a Keldor head and a cape and you're good to go! If this is done, I'd love to have an off-white (bone) painted Skeletor head. How about you guys?

Oh, I am DEFINITELY down for a bone colored face for Skeletor! It's probably the closest thing we'll ever get to Frank Langella's movie Skeletor.

I can't wait for the 200x variants! I think it's pretty much confirmed that He-Man and Zodak will be getting 200x versions. King Hsss is probably a strong possibility too. King Randor as well. They've already stated the the King Randor figure coming out first will be more based on the classic look.

Do you think Buzz-Off will get the Webstor treatment, or get a 200x version?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar

Future He-Man variants?

When we get the first He-Man "variant," I assume it will either be NA He-Man, or Battle Armor He-Man. Although it could possibly be 200X He-Man. These seem to be the only variants anyone is interested in. Most people seem to not want any of the 200X variants. I, however, want at least 2 more of the 200X variants in the MOTUC line. First off, simply because it was so important to the storyline, I want Snake Armor He-Man. Second, I want what was possibly the only raelly well done, and nice looking version of He-Man other than basic, Ice Armor He-Man. Looking at King Grayskull's cape, I think that Ice Armor He-Man would look gorgeous in this line. especially if he came with his ice battle axe.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I agree with most of what you said. The only 2 He-Man versions from 200X that I'm looking forward to are Snake Armor and Ice Armor He-Man. I really can't wait to get NA He-Man. I think he's going to look awesomely unique.

But, I really think and hope the next version of He-Man to be released is vintage Battle Armor He-Man.

If Mattel is to release a He-Man variant as a monthly figure, I'd be ok with Battle Armor He-Man and I guess, NA He-Man. If these variants along with other He-Man variants were to be made available as "bonus figs" for the month, I'd still probably only buy the two mentioned above. I wouldn't want any other He-Man variants.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I'm sort of indecisive between Battle Armor He-Man and Thunder Punch He-Man. I think the Battle Armor is a really iconic look, but we just got a Battle Armor Staction a couple of years ago, so maybe they should do Thunder Punch before Battle Armor. I like his gold Power Sword and metallic shield, better than the original gray.

Heroic Warrior
    Regular 200X He-Man, Ice Armor He-Man, Snake Armor He-Man, and Horde Armor He-Man for me please.

yes, Horde Armor.

the rest of the 200X variants are unnecessary, even the Samurai armor, which actually got an episode.

the rest can be NA and Vintage variants, so long as these happen at SOME point.

the only one I want as a monthly figure is regular 200X, the rest can be 'bonus' figures.

I'd rather have Spin Blade Heman or even an all new Snickers Bar Heman over NA Heman. I'm just not a fan of NA.
    I'm disabled because I chose to drink & drive. I broke my neck, when I totaled my car. I was in the exact same condition as Christopher Reeves was, but I regained my ability to walk. Please don't drink & drive. To read my story, checkout my website & share it with your family & friends.

http://www.dontdrinkandride.com/

I'd expect Battle Armor He-man to be the first variant. But maybe not.

As for the rest, NA He-man, Snake Armor He-man and Ice Armor He-man are the only variants I'd be interested in, and even the last one seems like a stretch to me even though I thought it was a great-looking figure.

I would absolutely LOVE a Horder Armor He-man though if they decided to make one. That would be awesome to finally see what the 4H would have done with it. But I'm not sure how most people would feel about a "new" variant being added in.

Heroic Warrior
    I really, and truly believe we'll get 200X before Battle Armor. He's been mentioned twice, and I get the feeling he'll be revealed at SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    I really, and truly believe we'll get 200X before Battle Armor. He's been mentioned twice, and I get the feeling he'll be revealed at SDCC.
    I can see it...but I would rather get BA He-Man first, then get 200X He-Man a bit later in 2010.
    Plus I don't think I'm ready for a board war about 200X He-Man being the first He-Man Variant. LOL.

Heroic Warrior
    if we got 'em both in 2010, I suppose I couldn't complain, but they've dangled the carrot of 200X in front of us twice already.

which is why I remain optimistic.

Trust me CapZero, I do think we're gonna get 200X He-Man in 2010, I think it's coming and will be out before the mid-way point of next year.
    I think 200X He-Man & Skeletor will be two of the bonus figures for next year.

Heroic Warrior
    fingers crossed.

I hope they do 'em RIGHT. That's my primary concern.

I want BOTH harnesses, the proper loincloth, the proper bracers, and the proper hair.

CapZero,
    I think the 200X versions will use the main body, upper arms, and thighs of the MOTUC Vintage versions, but with a few changes to the lower legs, loincloths, and such.
    I would expect 200X He-Man to have a New Head, New Forearms with Proper Bracers, New Loincloth, New Harness, and his 200X Shield and Axe.

Heroic Warrior
    that's what I'm hoping for.

I guess I wouldn't mind them as bonus figures, but I'm really hoping they're subscription figures.

I think you are going to be disappointed in that.
    I do not see Mattel releasing 200X He-Man as a monthly subscription figure.
    I just don't think they'll use the monthly slot for it.

Heroic Warrior
    So long as we get him.

but I do think it better that he be a subscription figure.