Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man and Skeletor Variant Discussion (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc; all brands)

Why do you think he'd be better as a monthly subscription figure instead of a "variant" bonus figure?
    I think it would be disappointing to many (if not most) fans if a monthly slot was used up on a He-Man variant (other than say NA He-Man).
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sure it would be.

but it's not like they can back out after the fact, is it?

which is why I want him as a Subscription figure.

it's not that I want to see fans disappointed, it's that I expect something like this will upset them ANYWAY, and it's best to do it early.

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but I've already heard the excuse "This isn't what I signed up for!", but Yes, actually, it is what you signed up for.

I didn't buy a subscription. Why?, because I didn't want to buy figures I didn't like. Especially ones I haven't yet SEEN.

Well I personally don't think that any monthly slot should be used for variants, but that's my own thing. I have a good feeling I'm not gonna get my way on that as it is anyways, as I feel we'll see several variants as monthly figures throughout 2010-2011.

If I could manage this line I'd release variants as bonus figures every other month. Variants such as BA He-Man & Skelly, 200X He-Man & Skelly, etc...

I also don't consider NA He-Man & Skelly to be Variants, due to that toyline designs being so different from the Vintage or 200X designs.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

battle armor was the first version of he-man so... yeah. after that would be thunder punch and flying fist.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Well I personally don't think that any monthly slot should be used for variants, but that's my own thing. I have a good feeling I'm not gonna get my way on that as it is anyways, as I feel we'll see several variants as monthly figures throughout 2010-2011.

If I could manage this line I'd release variants as bonus figures every other month. Variants such as BA He-Man & Skelly, 200X He-Man & Skelly, etc...

I also don't consider NA He-Man & Skelly to be Variants, due to that toyline designs being so different from the Vintage or 200X designs.
    it intrigues me that you'd consider NA not to be a variant, but others to be.

anyway, I'm not so hung up on it that I'm uncompromising, as long as we get 'em, and we get 'em done right, I could care less whether they're a subscription or a bonus.

I'll be buying 'em regardless.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Im ok with BA He man and Skeletor, because they are stunning figures. But I'd prefer them scattered in the collection, not immediatly following each other. but thats all. The only other of them Id want to see are the NA versions.

I truly hope that they dont both re appear every year! but I get the feeling that the 4H and Matty's mantra is 'No Spin Blade' cos they understand what we want...and thats new versions of old/Classic characters NOT New versions of New versions!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    For some of us BA Skeletor or He-Man are better than the originals, but variants should be used with responsability (WARNING KILLER OF TOY LINES)

Also NA and 200x can be released, but with care too.

There is NO point in using the month slot on them as long as they can be selled as exclusives, or bonus (come on, we're going to have more than a figure per month!! Isn't this enough? Well it's never enough MotUC XD)
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I would like to see He-Man and Skeletor released in Battle Armor form. But rather see it done as a 2-pack.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I would like to see He-Man and Skeletor released in Battle Armor form. But rather see it done as a 2-pack.
    I'm going to agree with this. I would love to see this happen. These figures really need to be released together and it would just make perfect sense to do it in a double pack.

Snake Armour He-man still gets my vote for which varient i'd like to see first. Give him a small 200x sword and his shield that never made it to production on the last one. Then reuse the sculpted armoured abs on the battle armour figures later on (this way we don't get matty just painting the actual abs like on he-ro and get some nice looking armoured ones
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

I would like to see the battle armor ones offered...but after that, meh....I'd prefer to see characters get a figure that never did before instead of rehashing the same characters to death

StrongArm, Count Marzo, Lizard Man, Fang Man, a cartoon version of Clawful would rock too

The two-pack BA skeletor and he-man would be the maximum! I hope that comes up in 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Horde View Post
    The two-pack BA skeletor and he-man would be the maximum! I hope that comes up in 2010!
    The answer Toyguru gave about 2-packs not being that far off made me think of this right away.
    It would make sense to do those two together.

Or maybe both BA figures as pack-ins with the cats? Ala the vintage packs?
    I mean, it's already been confirmed that we're getting Panthor after Battle Cat...

Future He-Man figs

Which future He-Man figs would you like to see done in the MOTUC line...what styles what kinds?
    my top figs:

THUNDER PUNCH HE-MAN

FLYING FIST HE-MAN

LASER LIGHT HE-MAN

NA THUNDER PUNCH HE-MAN

HE-MEN THROUGH OUT THE 500 YRS THE GREEN GODDESS WAS TRAINING

JUST TO NAME A FEW.

Don't forget everyone's favorite... Spin Blade He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Don't forget everyone's favorite... Spin Blade He-Man.
    I`ll buy any VINTAGE variant He Man, 200X definetely NOT!!!!

Not that I think it to be likely, but I'd love it if they made a new Snake Armor version of He-Man. I was not able to get my hands on one during the 200x run.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    Not that I think it to be likely, but I'd love it if they made a new Snake Armor version of He-Man. I was not able to get my hands on one during the 200x run.
    Personally I don't see why it is unlikely seeing as the 200X figure
    saw a very limited release and that its a rendition that saw many
    episodes in the 200X toon. SA He-Man has a better shot at getting
    made then many of his vintage versions. That being said I would like
    one, as well as my all time favorite flying fist He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by he-ron View Post
    Which future He-Man figs would you like to see done in the MOTUC line...what styles what kinds?
    my top figs:

THUNDER PUNCH HE-MAN

FLYING FIST HE-MAN

LASER LIGHT HE-MAN

NA THUNDER PUNCH HE-MAN

JUST TO NAME A FEW.
    Definately the first 3... They are must haves. But pretty much any He-Man variant from this line would be a buy for me. I think that the 200x style could be improved massively with the MOTUC body scale.

Quote Originally Posted by he-ron View Post
    my top figs:

THUNDER PUNCH HE-MAN

FLYING FIST HE-MAN

LASER LIGHT HE-MAN

NA THUNDER PUNCH HE-MAN

JUST TO NAME A FEW.
    I would also love to have a Snake Armour He-Man as introduced in "MotU VS The Snake Men in the "MotU:C" line and I am also open to the proposed Horde Armour He-Man. I think that Snake Armour He-Man would be a fantastic bonus figure when we start to get Snake Men.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Thunder Punch He-Man: Now that we have Tri-Klopís left forearm with a bracelet matching the right side, there are no new body parts necessary to create this figure. All that is needed is a new chest harness and shield. I think this makes him a likely candidate.

Laser Power He-Man: I know he would require a bit of new parts but I think the scarcity of the original would make this a good seller. I really wish Mattel would get Dolph Lundgrenís permission to create a head in his likeness as an extra bonus head. Maybe Mattel could do LP He-Man as a SDCC exclusive one year and get permission to do a limited run of Dolph Lundgren heads as a bonus only at the convention (like Gleek). Hasbro was not able to remake a Sgt. Slaughter figure at retail but was able to release him as a convention exclusive figure.

200X He-Man: There is no excuse for Mattel not to make him other than they just donít want to. He requires less new tooling than He-Ro or Hordak and his parts could be reused on King Grayskull or even 200X Faker. There are more than enough 200X fans to justify making this figure. Heck, I consider myself a classic 80ís style MOTU fan more than a 200X fan and I still want this figure.

Personally, i'd like a LP He-Man, a Snake Armor He-man, and a 200x He-Man (or perhaps just a new head and harness in an accessory pack for this one)

Snake Armour He-Man

NA He-Man

Ice Armour He-Man
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Snake Armor makes the most sense.

IN THE YEAR 2000! IN THE YEAR 2000!

Snake Armor He-Man will return!
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Masters Chronicles Host! Vinto-Man's Avatar
    Snake armour he-man for sure, but dont give him the massive sword he had in the 200x line please!!!!
    Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast!

To listen to any show click here

To join the facebook page click here

To subscribe via Itunes click here

Heroic Warrior
    personally the he-man variant I prefer is BA He-man...I don't really care about other variants. I would be more interested to see what will happen with the He-men, even if I'm not 100% happy with the idea...